Gadroc's A-10 Build

Gadroc

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Well finally doing some work on the pit again. I finally got all the parts necessary to get my ADI working so this weekend I'm working on it. I got all the pin outs figured out and measured necessary current / resistance to drive the needles. All of the needles work perfectly fine from the micro controller.

I was able to design and print up the bayonet adapter for my static inverter using the excess pins I have. So I can get my it wired up and test the ball on the ADI next.

Nice one, looking forward to more progress on your pit!

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

• 9 months later...

Back in the sadle again. Finally finished the control board for the ADI. Here it is running a test sketch with the real wiring harness and control board. Tomorrow I'll get the firmware connected to helios.

I need to finish wiring the power supplies and DTS boards tomorrow as well and I should have spinning ball as well.

Woo! Got all the wiring done for the ADI using Brydling's DTS cards. I also finished the code integration which allows Helios to drive them. Here is a quick (and bad) video of the ADI being controlled via push buttons in Helios.

I have one more part to pick up (MOSFET to drive lighting) and then I'll be able to move it back into the pit fully functional!!

• 10 months later...

That excellent work Gadroc. I LIKE it. :thumbup:

I'm still working on mine. As a matter of fact its actually on the bench as I write this. I'm not sure if I mentioned it but, I took a different approach using stepper motors so we will see how that works out.

I am hoping to integrate my HSI into the cockpit without having to retrofit it with my own drive system. I would really prefer to leave it intact if at all possible. I assume you are planning to do the same???

I wouldn't mind having a chat with you later, when I'm getting closer to preparing the HSI for use.

Was the overall cost to drive it that way very much?

John

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Welcome back m8. An honoured and respected asset to the community. That movement is so smooth. Like John I have been messing about with steppers but I can't get them to move fluidly. They judder. Am I missing something simple?

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Gadroc,

Where do you find the 400hz 115v power supply? The only ones I have found are over $1000.00. I have an attitude and direction indicator from a F-4.

Do you have any schematics for a 400hz supply. Any information or possible voltage/current/hz to power this type indicator would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Laz

• 2 months later...

Got some new toys in....

25327992326_ce7c3da297_c.jpg

Need to put a hydraulic kit on the pit do drop it down to the rims putting my head in the right position for the screen. Spent this weekend rebuilding the CNC so I can start cutting out the new seat cradle and front panel.

• Like 1

Yep. It's an AVENGER 180 setup. I've done some initial warping config, but need to get the pit recut some my eye point is in the right position. Current pit has the front panel about 3-4" higher than the real thing. That along with dropping about 6-9" from beneath the seat will put my eye point right in the sweet spot for the 180 degree screen.