OS Advantage?

Windows 7 x64 all the way, nothing else will do :)

Until the next OS comes out......maybe :music_whistling: Don't need a Windows ME.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Don't even mention that abysmal piece of fail. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

RIF

[Y]our 32-bit hardware... what is that? Anything that fits into the minimum requirements is 64-bit. You need to go back pretty much as far as Netburst P4's and first-gen Athlons to get 32-bit processors... ;)
I get the feeling you're not really reading my posts. As I noted, I am planning to re-build my PC. I am not going to try to run the sim on my current rig.

Don't even mention that abysmal piece of fail. :P

I'm guessing you had feelings for it :music_whistling: I never used it, but a buddy did, glad I didn't shell out the $$$ for it.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Well, that's better than under-thinking it. And you're the man with the answers!

As far as the OS is concerned, I'm all answered out :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

@ efs2..

Take a good look at the people that are helping you with what you want to do. Although I did not rebuild an existing comp I had. I put together a completely new one. All for DCS A10-C and the future of it. Take a look at my sig. Is it future proof for the sim? Maybe! Maybe not. And the reason I chose the components and OS I have is because of talking to and listening to the same people that are helping you out. Take a look around the forums at the systems that the "in my opinion" majority of people flying this sim are using. They chose the same or similar hardware and OS I have for a reason. After looking and listening to all the help that is being given to you, Obviously it entails flying DCS A10-C. I'm sure you"ll come to a conclusion that best suits your wants and needs.

Heed their advice !!! They really do know what their talking about...

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

As for the argument that because support for Windows XP will expire in 2014, I should upgrade now, why? If something changes and an upgrade to Windows 7 x64 outweighs the hassle of upgrading, I will upgrade. Otherwise, I will upgrade in 2014. Which strikes me as a rational approach.

This was not posted as a reason to give up the Windows XP OS if you do not want to, I posted those dates so you could gain a little clarity. XP is old buy any measure and when compared to Windows 7 x64 it is shown to be lacking in all respects. Windows XP is less secure and less stable than Windows 7. Almost anything you install will work better and run better on Windows 7 than XP. Certainly there is a wide enough gap in performance to suggest repeatedly that you drop it and take the plunge to Windows 7 x64.

This is the best advice we can give you. Best of luck with what ever you decide to do.

Out

Edited by PoleCat