DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again, mixed feelings about that one. looks amazing indeed and i will most probably be buying that. However i still share the sentiment that this update is more of a lateral one - there can only be so much training to be done, and scenario where Russia invades US and pushes all the way in to Nevada is completely not realistic (how else BS flying there can be reasonably explained...).

id rather have seen expansion of current scenario eastwards or southwards (Turkey, Iran, Iraq).

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

again, mixed feelings about that one. looks amazing indeed and i will most probably be buying that. However i still share the sentiment that this update is more of a lateral one - there can only be so much training to be done, and scenario where Russia invades US and pushes all the way in to Nevada is completely not realistic (how else BS flying there can be reasonably explained...).

id rather have seen expansion of current scenario eastwards or southwards (Turkey, Iran, Iraq).

Can you say "dead horse"....:doh:

while we're talking about dead horses:

FighterOps just got owned? :D

No way!

I bet that FO-Beta is ready to release... - but we have to wait a little for a appropriate Operating System/Hardware that is able to run a 128bit application - because FO is codded this way...

Edited by PeterP

That's not trees, it's bushes.

See this one: http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=59216&d=1321993202

Compare the flight line bushes with the trees around the base buildings.

EDIT: What you are seeing is this:

061109-F-9999X-148.jpg

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Don't use the old engine as a basis for speculation about the performance of things with the new engine - different tech.

As for options - the game itself has graphics options. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

That's not trees, it's bushes.

See this one: http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=59216&d=1321993202

Compare the flight line bushes with the trees around the base buildings.

EDIT: What you are seeing is this:

061109-F-9999X-148.jpg

I'm just saying they are way too tall and way too green.

http://www.nellis.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/060626-F-9999K-003.jpg

And a bunch of vehicles parked on the road.

Work In Progress, people. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

And a bunch of vehicles parked on the road.

Well, once the road is blocked you might as well park, the lot was full anyway.:D

Seriously though, very nice. Can't wait!!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hrrmmm...

Why do the runways not look parallel in this shot?

attachment.php?attachmentid=59215&d=1321993202

I just Google Earthed it, in case things have changed THAT much since last I flew in the airspace.

New overhangs all over from the `90's, but the runways are still side-by-side.

Oh, heck, I had a *DOH* moment as I was typing it. This is Creech, innit?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A tale of 2 hogs

Will the petting zoo be modeled? I haven't been there in a while but it looks like it should be somewhere in that picture.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: ASUS Crosshair III Formula / CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4 GHz / RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB / GPU: HIS Radeon HD 6850

Display: Sony Bravia 32" HDTV / Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, TIR5, Bose A20, Mini fridge w/ Yuengling

Oh, heck, I had a *DOH* moment as I was typing it. This is Creech, innit?

Yes. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I too would like to know (if possible) is the new terrain engine coded to use separate CPU? Reason I ask is, we really need to start seing things coded this way otherwise you just can't much more detail and things in a sim as single CPU just can't do more work... if ED is to add more features they should start already coding all the new features for separate CPU's.

Other than that... Nevada looks pretty good... looking forward to getting it when it's done

No longer active in DCS...

attachment.php?attachmentid=59215&d=1321993202

Multiple lanes on roads that appear to work?... *edit* Wait nevermind the bus is traveling in opposite direction :(

and a semi truck. Will the cab and trailer pivot independently? Cause this game needs towed weapons systems.

Edited by Grimes

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum