DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

I'd have to agree with you on that .

One has to ask what direction the board members responsible for "Nevada" were thinking at that time ?

Oh I don't know....maybe

A-10 Weapons School

Red Flags

Green Flags

I may be the minority but I can not wait for Nevada if for no other reason than future vHawgsmoke competitions, and using it as our training base within the 476th vFG.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is how I feel and have lost interest along the way.

Better yet, why not give a press release of what you're working on but with the no promisses stamp. Make it a sticky. At least we'll know what we'll be missing.

press release????

naaaaaa

You're a really optimistic

I already given up..

:chair::spam_laser:

:wallbash:

The 147 Squadron commander

"The Goring Ram"

Living here in Nevada I can tell you a simulation/map of our terrain will be even more boring than living here LOL

Dunno, I´ve been to Nevada only once (and spent most of that time in Las Vegas to boot, being a proper tourist and all), but I quite liked what I saw terrainwise.

Sure, there are stretches of boring desert (which are sometimes quite beautiful in themselves though), but there is also a metric shitload of very interesting stuff: Mountainous, sometimes snowy terrain in the north, blistering heat in the south, Lake Mead, the Hoover Dam with its cool new bridge across it, and of course aviation nirvana: Nellis, Reno, Groom Lake. I can think of several countries that have fewer attractions than that one single state alone.

Of course I can also think of several areas in the world that would turn into better maps for a combat sim than Nevada, but boring? Boring it´s not. I´m looking forward to it, but I can also wait till it is done.

P.S. One one my coolest experiences in life was driving up here to this very spot in the middle of the night and watching a flight of B-1s taking off with full burner. That powerful blueish-white flame coming out of the back of those monsters in the pitch black, that roaring sound of freedom as it washes over you... whoa. Still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. Best place on earth during those few moments.

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

I haven't given up though I have been loosing interest. People are going whine so ED can do one of two things which is make some people happy or none at all. They choose the later. Oh well...

Believe me, I am as impatiently waiting as you do. But you can also believe that the last thing ED wants to do is to make us loosing interest in certain projects.

If I could I´d yell all the forums about when I can get this stuff, but I know that A) it wouldnt make any sense and B) I also know that ED is working on several stuff, which is probably intented to be released in one package.

nevada got a new Engine, FC3 might be lifted up to the same level, the next fighter also wants to be moved up to this level. The DCS World still needs to be lifted up to 1.2.2...as Wags stated...so ED has all hands of work to do...please let them do their work.

EDIT:

If Nevada provides this new promissing Game Engine (what means if...it does), so all the rest also needs to get this new features...I pretty much believe that game version DCS World 1.2.2 will be a very interesting release

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

leafer, you recall all those times ED has said "no promises" before? Lots of times, and every single time there has been a lot of people that took it as an oath on their mother's grave... ;)

Information is released as and when appropriate. Right now there are other things for you to focus on, like FC3. :)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

When was THE last update btw

you seem to ask about this one...explains everythings actually

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

leafer, you recall all those times ED has said "no promises" before? Lots of times, and every single time there has been a lot of people that took it as an oath on their mother's grave... ;)

Information is released as and when appropriate. Right now there are other things for you to focus on, like FC3. :)

My parents are still alive :thumbup:

You are in ED have a very serious problem that apparently you do not give her attention

You are trying to:

"eat the whole cake and And leave it In one piece"

This expression

Said To the people That did not finish one thing And already jumping to something else..

There is no argument that you R working and working hard, but your Development priorities is problematic.

The 147 Squadron commander

"The Goring Ram"

hehe, either ED /EDGE nevada map is multi-core ready, to let other core breathe for cockpit/AI..

or they must integrate Nuclear weapon, for all Las-vegas haters... or Resident Evil lovers ;)

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Living here in Nevada I can tell you a simulation/map of our terrain will be even more boring than living here LOL

The place you're living at is always the most boring place, compared to any other place in the world. No matter how ultra-boring that may be.

I've been to Nevada and I still love it and I can't wait for the Nevada-Map, buzzing down "The Strip" and watching the scenery.

But I do understand that this is not a map like for BF3 or any of those shooters. So it may take longer, but the result will be awesome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The place you're living at is always the most boring place, compared to any other place in the world. No matter how ultra-boring that may be.

I've been to Nevada and I still love it and I can't wait for the Nevada-Map, buzzing down "The Strip" and watching the scenery.

But I do understand that this is not a map like for BF3 or any of those shooters. So it may take longer, but the result will be awesome.

I live in Edinburgh. I can say that I find Mulhouse in Alsace, France a much more boring place to live...

But i'm weird like that.

I lived in Vegas (NW area ca 1980, before the city swallowed it) ... and loved every minute. Where else can you barbecue in January and wear gloves in August--those steering wheels got hot--and have a back yard full of nut trees and citrus! But don't worry, it's dry heat. :lol:

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

I live here now. It'd be really interesting to fly my favorite sim over recognizable terrain! I for one can't wait till this comes out, not just because of that though, I think this sim's terrain engine is in need of a face lift ;)

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

I live in Paris, i hate my mayor for building all this unused bus lanes, creating insane trafic jams never happenned prior to this, but otherwise, I love seasons, temperature during all year (-10°C to +30°C)

I love my grass

I love the fact i'm 3h car's speed next 4 others languages

I'm sad the concord doesn't fly anymore because of boeing dropping metal pieces on the strip

And i don't hate others europeans countries :)

But living in a desert with artificial growed grass, no thanks.

No offense sirs, you got some things, but, living all year... mhhh

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

I live in Edinburgh. I can say that I find Mulhouse in Alsace, France a much more boring place to live...

But i'm weird like that.

I've seen both places more than once.

So, I tend to agree with you on Mulhouse, but I'm biased, as that is not far from where I live :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I live in Paris, i hate my mayor for building all this unused bus lanes, creating insane trafic jams never happenned prior to this, but otherwise, I love seasons, temperature during all year (-10°C to +30°C)

I love my grass

I love the fact i'm 3h car's speed next 4 others languages

I'm sad the concord doesn't fly anymore because of boeing dropping metal pieces on the strip

And i don't hate others europeans countries :)

But living in a desert with artificial growed grass, no thanks.

No offense sirs, you got some things, but, living all year... mhhh

You underestimate the area.

It's not just desert. There's some great geological formations, like the Valley of Fire, for example. And it's so fantastic to drive 2 h through the desert, then over a small slope and BAM! Las Vegas! Spectacular sight - especially at night.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Should be hard to see stars at midnight, isn't it ?

Maybe it's the reason Aliens crashed near Area 51 :-D

Well, more on topic, does anybody know (if i missed it) why it takes so long ? Patented buildings design problems?

Or are they waiting something big to release with ?

It's ready when it's ready, i'm ok with that, but will they release it after the full Crimea map ? (Ukraine, Turkey, Armenia, Iran... )

Edit : And i'm ok with that too, i like forests more than sand ;)

Well, more on topic, does anybody know (if i missed it) why it takes so long ? Patented buildings design problems?

EDGE is still under development.

Nevada uses EDGE.

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

New terrain engine built from the ground up will add to time

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

They are building a completely new terrain engine for the Nevada terrain, which is most likely the bulk of what is taking so long. It may also be partially because resources are split with other projects. I am sure there is a lot of new art involved too, including unique buildings so it doesn't just look like desert Georgia, so that might take a while.

And i'm ok with that too, i like forests more than sand ;)

I like forests, but desert/plains/ocean/tundra/ice/rock lags a lot less than forests do, so I prefer them in games.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Something I want to ask. I'm assuming EDGE will implement proper navaids right? VOR, VOR/DME, NDBs, TACAN and (proper) ILS.

Its a bit embarrassing when you want to show off DCS to real world airline pilots and they are like "sooo how the fcuk you navigate? Is that the ATC talking like that???... no thanks, I'll stick to FSX or X-Plane".

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p