DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mean while in the UK we do it with the Lotus Exige and the AH64

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Mean while in the UK we do it with the Lotus Exige and the AH64

The real top gear. The US one is meh....can't imagine top gear without hammond, may and jeremy

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

it would be more like this, cuz some of the pilots I've seen cant keep their chopper off the ground, and end up show boating too much

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So Nevada is going to cost...

I saw on Wags' Youtube post of the latest Nevada video that the map is going to cost. That's fine.

But where does that leave the Black Sea? Will it be ported over to EDGE? Will there be a new map with the free DCS: World download? Will the free map use EDGE?

Curiosity is killing me...

486DX w/turbo button

The current map will not be ported over to EDGE. How that is going to work out with EDGE and Nevada's release/inclusion, nobody is saying.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah, but it leaves a bit of a hole. Nevada costs, so it seems like it will be a module to DCS: World. The Black Sea will not be ported over to EDGE. So...what will the DCS: World free download be?

BTW, Cichlidfan, are you ever not reading this forum? :smilewink:

486DX w/turbo button

Just saw the last video posted today, it looks impressive. Awesome Job ED :thumbup:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

The current map will not be ported over to EDGE. How that is going to work out with EDGE and Nevada's release/inclusion, nobody is saying.

I never heard that, nor did I hear the opposite. Don't put words in peoples mouths, it is the height of bad manners.

The official position is "Nobody knows, for now".

Nate

I never heard that, nor did I hear the opposite. Don't put words in peoples mouths, it is the height of bad manners.

The official position is "Nobody knows, for now".

Nate

I am not going to hunt for a post but it was stated that the current map would have to be redone from scratch and there were no plans to do so.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am not going to hunt for a post but it was stated that the current map would have to be redone from scratch and there were no plans to do so.

Which does not preclude the possibility that EDGE can render old assets. All we know for sure is that even after the inclusion of EDGE, Georgia will remain playable in its current form.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

So many cars - and people are worried about stationary tree collisions affecting performance?

I can't believe there are even traffic lights everywhere! :D

My 2 cents :

Currently, cars (i mean civilan trafic) are like trees. they can pass trough almost anything, and have a specific collision model. that's why, apart for some coachs, i can drive a Ka-50 on a road without trouble.

And that's why a military column will ignore civilan trafic.

You can see a part of it at 0:30 in wag's video.

Civilan trafic doesn't not take much CPU cycles.

moreover, it's dispensable. you can turn it off.

For lights, we don't know yet if they're fixed or not. i din't seen any going from green to red.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

The strip is missing some important stuff details to really sell it...

Civilian traffic was not drag racing light to light

Civilian traffic was not drunkenly swerving around

There were no stretch limos with drunk people flailing out the windows/sunroof

And most egregious was the utter lack of call-girl adverts littering the streets.

:D

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Happy birthday EDGE Thread !

3000th post !

Vampire, i know there's green and red lights, my question was if those lights are changing :)

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Vampire, i know there's green and red lights, my question was if those lights are changing :)

hopefully those lights will be changing - that's very easy to change/set, however to stop and start the traffic correspondingly at/by traffic lights is much more difficult - possible but very time-consuming :(

sign-pic4.jpg

Oh and trees that actually can be crashed into! \

DONT START THE TREE THREADS AGAIN!! SHHHH. Anyways, you can look at it this way while we patiently wait for EDGE; Olympics are being held in Sochi. You could make some interesting missions surrounding that event.

But yes, EDGE, Nevada, all look like game changers when it comes to DCS.

Windows 10

Intel Core i5 4670k CPU 3.4 GHz

16GB RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

TrackIR 4

... be an issue with these newer aircraft pushing 200000 triangles... That's a lot of the polygon budget RIGHT there.

I'm excited for Edge/Nevada, but I am concerned about how they will affect performance. I run DCS on my laptop and it runs well right now but I don't know how much more she can take. Would be a shame to lose a smooth-running DCS for an overhaul upgrade.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

The strip is missing some important stuff details to really sell it...

Civilian traffic was not drag racing light to light

Civilian traffic was not drunkenly swerving around

There were no stretch limos with drunk people flailing out the windows/sunroof

And most egregious was the utter lack of call-girl adverts littering the streets.

:D

After living in Vegas for many years, Yes Exactly this!^^^ :D