DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

Yep that's great. I'm just thinking how to explain it to my graphic card...lol

Be kind and find her a sister... As EDGE will support Crossfire/SLI :smilewink:

EDIT, I read your sig after. That's a laptop, isn't it? So, you'll have to be a good teacher with her!

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevada Map / New IG (aka EDGE)

Be kind and find her a sister... As EDGE will support Crossfire/SLI :smilewink:

EDIT, I read your sig after. That's a laptop, isn't it? So, you'll have to be a good teacher with her!

Me and my PSU don't think that's such a good idea. Two hot girls in such a small space :)

Edit: laptop indeed, just have a laugh

Edited by wasyl00

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Will EDGE/ Nevada cost anything?

EDGE is rendering engine, so no. It has been stated that the plan is still for the Nevada map to be free for users who pre-ordered DCS: A-10C Warthog beta.

How can EDGE technology be free to DCS World if we do not buy the new terrain?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

How can EDGE technology be free to DCS World if we do not buy the new terrain?

Community made maps maybe?

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

You will be able to enjoy EDGE rendering of empty space, without Nevada, for free.

Nate

In my poor opinion, this ''EDGE'' technology had to be done before the production of individual modules. Like my grandpa said, first you build the ''nice'' house and then you buy the big TV.

With all respect.

EDIT: Your answer should be at the headline of DCS World advertisements...

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Interesting Update #26 ww2 EDGE

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/posts/729345

The landscape is also moving along. The most important part of the process is engine integration, that is, getting the DCS aircraft to fly over the new terrain, and all the other objects, vehicles, ships, and so on, to properly interact with it. This task is in late testing stages, and in the meantime creating the landscape itself has slowed down a bit. Once that task is complete, we’re going to dump an entire large team onto landscape creation, and will be looking at an alpha of a Normandy chunk in a matter of weeks.

Such terms as "better" in real life have impact of error margin, so unnoticeable at all.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Didn't mean better than Nvidia, but more equal to Nvidia, with new EDGE engine. Last year I upgraded from older Nvidia card to a newer AMD, but almost no increase in performance when comparing graphics cards. Considering swithcing to Nvidia if they continue to perform better in DCS.

Wonder how the Mac Pro would rock this game with 2 x D700 6GB coupled with one of the higher clocked Xeons.

For a desktop recycle bin I guess it will drop jaws, looking at how loud, large and clumpsy gaming rigs are.

If there wouldn't be that price tag....

Bit

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I thought the D series cards were for rendering and not necessarily playing games. I remember a friend getting a Radeon FirePro or XL and he couldnt run Unreal as well as the guys running ATi 9700's.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

Didn't mean better than Nvidia, but more equal to Nvidia, with new EDGE engine. Last year I upgraded from older Nvidia card to a newer AMD, but almost no increase in performance when comparing graphics cards. Considering swithcing to Nvidia if they continue to perform better in DCS.

This game doesn't really stress the GPU as much as the CPU. To make that statement you would have to look at the load of your GPU in something like GPU-Z while running the game and see if it's close to 100%. Depending on your specs, you're probably bottlenecked by your CPU. That's what edge is going to bring to the table for a lot of people. With multicore support we won't need 6 GHz CPUs!

Cheers

This game doesn't really stress the GPU as much as the CPU. To make that statement you would have to look at the load of your GPU in something like GPU-Z while running the game and see if it's close to 100%. Depending on your specs, you're probably bottlenecked by your CPU. That's what edge is going to bring to the table for a lot of people. With multicore support we won't need 6 GHz CPUs!

Cheers

But it won't bring divisibility for all cores (nowadays it is 4 mostly), as far I understand everything will be like it is now, but there will be support for multi GPU, which is rarely used.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Cheers

Well it doesn't stress my Cpu either, but still runs bad when lots of units are on screen. I have looked at my Cpu when this is happening and my Cpu is nowhere near stressed. My Cpu usage was around 65% when the sim started to struggle.

Well it doesn't stress my Cpu either, but still runs bad when lots of units are on screen. I have looked at my Cpu when this is happening and my Cpu is nowhere near stressed. My Cpu usage was around 65% when the sim started to struggle.

Since DCS is not using all cores it will never use anywhere close to 100% of your CPU. You need to look at each core, not the whole thing.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes! it's planned that EDGE would have drops on the canopy, but not in the short time schedule:

The question:

А что с погодными условиями? Будут ли отображаться капли дождя на фонаре? Снег?

(Googletrad: And what about the weather? Will be displayed raindrops on the lamp? Snow?

The answer:

Капли на стекле давно в плане.

Googletrad: Drops on the glass for a long time in terms of

Source

EDIT: on the same thread, it's confirmed that EDGE will be released this year (as it was previously announced).

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

• ED Team

Nice info, he also talks about the "Opacity" of trees.

(of course from Chrome's built in translation):

"Opacity" of trees is one of the planned features. Will do.

Yes! it's planned that EDGE would have drops on the canopy, but not in the short time schedule:

The question:

(Googletrad: And what about the weather? Will be displayed raindrops on the lamp? Snow?

The answer:

Googletrad: Drops on the glass for a long time in terms of

Source

EDIT: on the same thread, it's confirmed that EDGE will be released this year (as it was previously announced).

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png