DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

I am a little worried that the ship wake effect might not sit well with the 3D waves (clipping issues), and that the ocean looks too reflective in general. But the lighting itself looks great, a huge step up from what we currently have.

I wonder if some of the effects or lack thereof that you mentioned my be a result of limitations of the old map?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap those are amazing. Cant wait to see them on a screen other than my iphone.

And I thought the current map would not run in EDGE at all? Or did I miss a post?

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

And I thought the current map would not run in EDGE at all? Or did I miss a post?

You missed a post... somewhere. :)

The last update was that the current map will work with EDGE, but won't benefit from all of its features. No one has been specific about the details yet, though.

Edited by Pizzicato

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

You missed a post... somewhere. :)

The last information was that the current will work with EDGE, but won't benefit from all of its features. No one has been specific about the details yet, though.

Either way nice. It certainly looks a lot nicer.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Looking great...but the water still seems too flat. I know at one point there were some experiments with a new water render which looked amazing but ED removed it due to performance issues it was removed. It would be nice to see some stormy seas, the ships riding the waves etc.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Looking great...but the water still seems too flat. I know at one point there were some experiments with a new water render which looked amazing but ED removed it due to performance issues it was removed. It would be nice to see some stormy seas, the ships riding the waves etc.

I am not a graphics expert but I think it's a good guess we should consider things like water, explosions, fire etc. not as part of the graphics engine but rather as assets, similarly to e.g. models and textures.

Nothing except ligting (and maybe also haze) on those screens http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2051862&postcount=7 is what Wags wanted to present us with. So, if you're being presented with lighting, don't complain about water :)

Another way to look at it is: engine ~ possibilities.

Edited by Bucic

Still nothing on the Nevada map? I saw a post recently where they said they had just finished the lighting. However, I saw a post months ago that Nevada map was complete, but that they just had some gating issues integrating it into DCS? Would be nice to know what's happening with it instead of reading one thing then another.

Thank You for the update,I see Matt posting more Pictures with DCS Modules in them,instead of just static EDGE Objects,I'm taking this as a good sign that DCS World integration into EDGE is going well? Would love to see/hear more about this if possible? Thank You.

Patrick

mini.gif

Nothing except ligting (and maybe also haze) on those screens http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2051862&postcount=7 is what Wags wanted to present us with. So, if you're being presented with lighting, don't complain about water :)

Agreed! Considering what we have with the current map now how can we complain when we are getting better visuals for it through EDGE? Although it wont be able to fully benefit from EDGE at least it wont be left behind and get nothing.

Still nothing on the Nevada map? I saw a post recently where they said they had just finished the lighting. However, I saw a post months ago that Nevada map was complete, but that they just had some gating issues integrating it into DCS? Would be nice to know what's happening with it instead of reading one thing then another.

I believe they're close to the finish line with NTTR, but it now a matter of balancing visual and performance now IMO. I do agree though it would be nice to see more on it, but there was a recent post from Matt...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2045930&postcount=16

:)

NASCAR... bah.

Some fun CA possibilities...

attachment.php?attachmentid=97059&d=1397772339

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

I am not a graphics expert but I think it's a good guess we should consider things like water, explosions, fire etc. not as part of the graphics engine but rather as assets, similarly to e.g. models and textures.

Another way to look at it is: engine ~ possibilities.

I understand...it wasn't complaining...but more so a suggestion.

Similarly, the dust kicked up while low level chopper flight/flight is almost like a plane in some angles...not volumetric. Here's hoping edge brings us some new special fx which are more efficient and gpu based.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Similarly, the dust kicked up while low level chopper flight/flight is almost like a plane in some angles...not volumetric. Here's hoping edge brings us some new special fx which are more efficient and gpu based.

Traditionally ED sucks at particle effects :D But then just look at what they've achieved with the recently updated effects like wingtip trails etc. Well done.

But again, assets, not a matter of engine.

Hey my American cousins, is it best to eat before you get to NASCAR or are there restaurants inside. Oh and where is the best drive-in:)

Plenty to eat on the inside! :) With NASCAR being a "southern" thing, you can count on plenty of BBQ! :music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

So, they say that the Nevada map will be free for the people that bought the A-10C beta

does that mean the people bought it way back when it was its own standalone thing, or something else?

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

does that mean the people bought it way back when it was its own standalone thing,...

That would be the only time it was in beta, so yes.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Traditionally ED sucks at particle effects :D But then just look at what they've achieved with the recently updated effects like wingtip trails etc. Well done.

I agree, the wingtip trails is now very good! :thumbup:

In my opinion, a 200x200k +- theatre can only be a demo and not a full add on product for a jet simulator...

EDIT: please delete my duplicate posts. It was a problem with my internet connection or something :)

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

In my opinion, a 200x200k +- theatre can only be a demo and not a full add on product for a jet simulator...

It is a Training Range.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• ED Team
It is a Training Range.

In more ways than one... this is ED's first map in EDGE for DCS World, why would you start so huge that if you had an issue and had to rebuild it would take forever... its smart to start with a smaller map.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It is a Training Range.

I never doubted about the purpose of this terrain, I only objected on the size of it. Which is TERRIBLY small. (but that is my poor opinion and nothing more)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

NTTR have 360x360 Km long.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1902741&postcount=4

Attached is an image that displays the area covered by the NTTR map for DCS. This is a 360x360 km area that includes three functional airfields: Nellis AFB, Creech AFB, and Groom Lake (aka Area 51 / Dreamland). The focus of this map is the NTTR. I've attached an image of the new lights being worked on for the airfields.

And that can be "extended" with the time.

I just hope that integration will finish soon and ED will release some tools to 3rd party devs so we can see a light in the tunnel. For me, NTTR will be only a ''demo'' and nothing more...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

DirectX 9 isnt really a good API to do particle effects on anyway, I've seen alot of companies struggle with Particles on DX9 and 10 for that matter.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs