DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guessing it's the Channel Map at $16-99 for ROF?

I was talking about that one time when fighter ops developer took a water demo from some university project and tried to pass it as their own in-game engine. They were posted in their area51 and someone leaked it here around the time when ED announced DCS Black Shark. As faith would have it, a savvy dcs forum member recognized it and posted a link to the water demo which I downloaded and voila, they were one and the same.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Aaaah yes I remember that :megalol:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I hope the new cloud settings in EDGE allow more of a gradient to be set.

For example, at the moment if the clouds are set to 8 in the mission editor, they cover about 30% of the sky. When you set them to 9 they cover 100%!

It seems that they are rendered differently and just go to 'blanket mode'.

I'd also like to be able to set cloud cover in Oktas from the mission editor.

Did anybody noticed a slight change in Wags announcment: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2082048#post2082048 ?

ABOUT DCS WORLD

Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a free-to-play digital battlefield game, focusing on a military aircraft simulation. It includes a FREE TF-P1D Mustang and a Su-25T attack aircraft. DCS World includes a vast mission area of the Caucasus region that encompasses much of Georgia - the location of the 2008 conflict. Further maps will be available in 2014. Additionally, DCS World includes:

Is about maps :D !

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Did anybody noticed a slight change in Wags announcment: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2082048#post2082048 ?

Would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

How did you get that about that?? well, except for the plural :)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Can anybody add Nevada and Normandy together and get 'maps'?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It always said that, the change made to the F-86 Announcement was removal of a few words that caused confusion regarding Korea,

Which was mentioned as the area where the F-86 and MIG-15 did battle, and everyone assumed it meant a Korea map was coming.

Both announcements always said "Maps".

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It always said that, the change made to the F-86 Announcement was removal of a few words that caused confusion regarding Korea,

Which was mentioned as the area where the F-86 and MIG-15 did battle, and everyone assumed it meant a Korea map was coming.

Both announcements always said "Maps".

Maybe the just mean the "updated" Georgia map and NTTR?

With the news that RRG has folded and ED is going to pick up the slack, does this mean we will see EDGE before this century ends?

Glad EDGE wasn't a kickstarter project, otherwise it would be just a pipe dream

Edited by Winfield_Gold

With the news that RRG has folded and ED is going to pick up the slack, does this mean we will see EDGE before this century ends?

Glad EDGE wasn't a kickstarter project, otherwise it would be just a pipe dream

http://combatace.com/topic/82986-dcs-is-getting-ridiculous/

EDGE will debut with DCSW 1.3.0

Until there is an announcement saying otherwise, nothing has changed.

The Doomsday attitude and sarcastic comments regarding release days is starting to get stupid.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'll second that... EDGE is indeed looking to be released with 1.3.0

EDGE is already in Testers build (with bugs of course) and WIP but it is getting there, so relax, its definitely not a pipe-dream :)

No longer active in DCS...

The Doomsday attitude and sarcastic comments regarding release days is starting to get stupid.

It seems to be happening quite a bit on the F-18C thread too....

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Question:

Since EDGE is (probably) managing all terrain loading stuff, will it be able to preload objects/textures more efficiently. I would like it to be able to detect if player is having TGP and preload some terrain to memory, just in case. No one likes when it's racing for data on HDD with high latency (stuttering). RAM is cheap, just add a slider or something in settings.

Можно узнать будут ли столкновения с деревьями?

You can find out wether a collision with trees?

В инкарнации 1.3.0 - нет.

In incarnation 1.3.0 - no.

incarnation = release???

Just saw this over in a russian EDGE thread. If I´m not misreading the google oracle the statement seems to leave the question unanswered if this will or will not be implemented in the future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Well I dont know but I would imagine tree collisions would be dependant on new maps as well as EDGE, they havent said if we are getting anything but EDGE in 1.3.0 have they? I cant see EDGE adding tree collisions to the Black Sea map.

Thought the same, it´s just the renderer. So we´ll have to see what the change log includes upon release. The last statement about collision before today left it very unclear wether it would be feasible at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

I'll second that... EDGE is indeed looking to be released with 1.3.0

EDGE is already in Testers build (with bugs of course) and WIP but it is getting there, so relax, its definitely not a pipe-dream :)

I thought that was the idea of having a beta run alongside of the Sim. The beta is work in progress everybody knows that, so how come we don't get to try it and squash the bugs a bit quicker? When is 1.3.0 patch going to be released, is this the next patch or do we have some other patches to come before this 1.3.0?

How long have people been anticipating this Edge stuff now, it must be years for some.

Edited by Dudester22