DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edge / Nevada

Ok I've bought another few modules to support, I still love flying the A10 I'm now two years into my PPL and almost there. Is it too soon to ask for an update on when we can get a new map?

Don't shoot me down I've been here from the start and enjoyed the Nevada map before it disappeared in a beta upgrade.

Ian

The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics are pleased to announce that DCS: Strait of Hormuz map will be coming to DCS World in the winter of 2014. This will be the first, new combat theatre maps for DCS World 2!
If you only want an answer that will have any kind of weight in it you should only look at the Official Updates section of the forum. The quote above is from the latest Newsletter.

Oh yes and "it'll be ready when it's ready" isn't the reply I'm looking for thanks

dont worry :) 3 more months

or less ;)

Before you ask... we plan to release DCS World 2 later this year.

Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) Map:

Once this effort is complete and DCS World 2.0 is available, we plan to release this map soon afterwards.

DCS: STRAIT OF HORMUZ MAP COMING IN WINTER 2014

sign-pic4.jpg

If you only want an answer that will have any kind of weight in it you should only look at the Official Updates section of the forum. The quote above is from the latest Newsletter.

To be Technically Clear:

Winter 2014

Winter Season Starts December 21st 2014. (Winter Solstice)

Winter Season Ends on the First Day of Spring 2015 which is March 20th, 2015, (Spring Equinox)

So you guys prolly shouldn't be expecting DCS Hormuz anytime in the next 2 or 3 months. (Technically Speaking)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

if we are talking about winter of 2014 then that winter is shorter in 2014 (december) than the "same" winter but in 2015 (january and february) :D

but Wags mentioned 2014 :P

Winter 2014 Starts in Dec '14 and Ends March '15

Winter 2015 Starts in Dec '15 and Ends March '16

And So On.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Winter 2014 Starts in Dec '14 and Ends March '15

Winter 2015 Starts in Dec '15 and Ends March '16

And So On.

That is kind of silly. If there is a year put on something, then it should be during that year, not the next one (nor the previous one, car companies). If the Strait of Hormuz map comes out in 2015 then I will consider it delayed. I don't have a problem with it being delayed (and I won't criticize ED since delays are normal in software), but I am not going to make up an excuse for it. (Oh, see, but this is really what we meant, you just didn't understand us.)

If ED really means it as you say it, then they should make an official statement clarifying this soon.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is kind of silly. If there is a year put on something, then it should be during that year, not the next one (nor the previous one, car companies).
This is pretty much costumery with most cultures around the globe.

If the Strait of Hormuz map comes out in 2015 then I will consider it delayed.
You will be in a very small minority, prepared to be disappointed, go ahead and type up your "ED Hate Post" and remember to include: "if they really cared about their customer base" , "I'm never buying a DCS product again" , "[insert game title/company] doesn't do this."

I don't have a problem with it being delayed (and I won't criticize ED since delays are normal in software), but I am not going to make up an excuse for it. (Oh, see, but this is really what we meant, you just didn't understand us.)
Sounds like you are already doing just that. They don't need to make excuses, they haven't given a firm release date yet.

If ED really means it as you say it, then they should make an official statement clarifying this soon.
NO... They have already made an announcement, "digest" that as you please.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

That is kind of silly. If there is a year put on something, then it should be during that year, not the next one (nor the previous one, car companies).

^^^ This is kind of silly.

Do you really think Wags meant 'During the last 10 days of the year'?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

To be Technically Clear:

Winter 2014

Winter Season Starts December 21st 2014. (Winter Solstice)

Winter Season Ends on the First Day of Spring 2015 which is March 20th, 2015, (Spring Equinox)

So you guys prolly shouldn't be expecting DCS Hormuz anytime in the next 2 or 3 months. (Technically Speaking)

NO... They have already made an announcement, "digest" that as you please.

Yes, yes and yes. I am pretty sure that, as always, you guys are technically perfectly correct. Yes, when the readers' understanding of each and every word in a game announcement does not strictly conform to scientific definitions, it is the readers' fault.

But when it comes to PR management, how much weight do you put in technical correctness? Just look around the forum and count how many people are citing the news letter as saying 2.0 will be released in "2014".

Relying on technicalities to save one's ass when false hope has been arisen (for a long time)? I call that great arguing skill, great technical awareness, and, last but not least, horrible PR management. :doh:

Edited by blackbelter

Talk about being pedantic, and reading too much into a simple update. No one is talking about the astronomical winter. Who does that??? Winter of 2014 is Nov/Dec time frame. Come on now....

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

DCS World 2?

I noticed several references to DCS World 2 while visiting ED's Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics

These were specifically mentioned in the new map DCS: STRAIT OF HORMUZ section.

What does DCS World 2 mean? Does that mean an actual sequel or does it mean DCS World 2.XXXXXXX? Are our modules about to be outdated?

Can someone please Clarify?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A very quick look at the Official Announcements section will tell you everything you need to know.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129630

DCS World 2 is effectively just a new patch/update. It's the fact that it delivers the new EDGE graphics engine that's made ED denote it 2.0 as opposed to 1.3 (which is what it was originally slated to be called).

Your modules are not about to become outdated.

Edited by Pizzicato

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Most of the info you're looking for can be found in the most recent newsletter here. A quick summary: new graphics engine, new planes, new maps, lots of new awesomeness. No, current modules will not be outdated, and can be flown in DCS World 2(as far as I understand).

It's what we are all waiting for....

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

• ED Team

Nobody wants this out more than ED, believe me... but they want it to be as polished as possible... we just have to be patient... also remember that me, and other moderators and testers are not official word on anything. So the last news you got from an official source, be it an ED team member or a press release or newsletter is what you should still be going on until they say differently.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Sounds like you are already doing just that.
I am not criticizing ED, but the naming convention, which is apparently standard. It annoys me that car companies and sports game developers release their "2015 edition" in 2014, and it annoys me that 88% of "winter 2014" is actually in 2015. Both of these conventions are misleading if you are not familiar with them.

Judging by other posts I have seen, I would say there is a large amount of confusion (even to the extent of someone thinking winter 2014 could include November). People here appear to fall into two categories of: "It obviously means before the end of 2014" and "How could you possibly not realize that 2014 means 2015?" (usually a more courteous version of that).

go ahead and type up your "ED Hate Post"

I am not going to come back to the forum and type an "ED hate post" because ED did not come up with the convention. I realize I am being a bit ranty, but my hostility is not directed at ED nor any other specific person here.

In any case, software development in general almost always takes longer than planned, so I honestly don't have a problem with it being released in 2015. Release dates are guesses, not promises, and I would rather have release date guesses that get missed every time than no release date at all. This is most likely the last time I will even make a post regarding the Strait of Hormuz release date statement.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^^^ This is kind of silly.

Actually, yes. How else would you take "we plan to release DCS World 2 later this year." ?

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Will this make the Sabre looks shiny?

And I also just read this: Unified GUI that eliminates the need for separate GUI and simulation .exe while also speeding up mission load times. Later, this will also allow us to integrate simulation elements into the Encyclopaedia and Mission Editor

It makes me very happy)

Edited by Sceptre

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5