g940 profiler question/problem

DocW

Hi all,

I own BS since it release, but I never made it into it until a few weeks ago. I am hooked. I flew with my G940 WITHOUT using the profiler and was satisfied.

I recently decided to try the profiler software to use options like the "shift" function and other things to get the most out of it.

I set up my commands, used "persistent profile", closed the profiler and launched BS.

No button worked. I did the notpad test, and it looks like only keystrokes and not the commands work from the bigger base throttle bottoms, but not from other buttons, though the buttons are all recognized in the profiler (and in the game without using the profiler). And the axis work.

I run the profiler in admin mode.

Anything I overlooked ? could someone with a working setup read through this and point me to the mistake ?

Michael

Let me get this straight in my head, commands and keystrokes work for most buttons but only keystrokes work on the square buttons on the throttle?

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

thx jib :thumbup:.

Yes, that seemed to be the case. But...

At the very moment, I am trying to set up a profile again ( a new one), and - it seems to work:D. Don't know what makes the difference. I deactivated my AV software. I have no explanation for this, since I am fiddling with it the better part of the evenings for 3 days now.

The only thing I noticed is that the profiler seems to loose the bindings, but when I bind the for a second time, it works. I did not notice that the days before, and perhaps I overlooked it.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Michael.

There are quite a few bugs that you get to learn with the profiler.

I find that if you use the mode switch and try to make a new command on mode 3 it will put the command on that button on mode 1 and over right it.

I Also think i had trouble with putting numbers (e.g. 2) in the names of commands.

Make sure you export your profiles every time you change something or you are likely to lose it them and cry :(

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

There are quite a few bugs that you get to learn with the profiler.

Yes, that seems to sum it up. I was not patient enough to get accommodated with its quirks.

I noticed the same regarding the mode buttons.

Michael.

Quick tip for programming the mode buttons: Select the mode number you want to assign the function to, 2 or 3 with the slider switch. Then select the button you want to assign the keystroke or command to in the profiler. You'll notice that when you select assign keystroke/command it will default back to mode one. Just slide the mode selector switch back to mode one, then back to the mode number you would like. Select the command or keystroke and click ok. Again, it will reset you back to mode one, but you should find that it assigned the function to the mode switch you had selected when you clicked OK. Make sense?

I have found that it works best to use the profiler for FFB, axis, and zone settings. For all else I use the in-game input setup. It gives you all the choices you get with the profiler, including shift, without the headaches.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

I have found that it works best to use the profiler for FFB, axis, and zone settings. For all else I use the in-game input setup. It gives you all the choices you get with the profiler, including shift, without the headaches.

thanks. How would that work, I mean, how would I get shifted input in game ?

Michael.

Well I'm not at my PC but the game lets you assign any button or key as a modifier. So let's say you want S1 to be speedbrakes out and pinky-S1 to be speedbrakes in. First make pinky a modifier. Then when you assign speedbrakes in simply push the pinky and push S1. It works just like the Logi profiler but it's much easier to manage and change in the game. I no longer have any Logi button profiles.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

I also assign a "shift" key in game (but only because the logitech profilers shift key didn't used to cover all devices in older versions of the profiler) , but I manly use the profiler for key bindings.

Especially for Flaming Cliffs 2 where you would normally have to setup hotas profiles for each plane the profiler is a godsend.

I also assign a "shift" key in game (but only because the logitech profilers shift key didn't used to cover all devices in older versions of the profiler) , but I manly use the profiler for key bindings.

Especially for Flaming Cliffs 2 where you would normally have to setup hotas profiles for each plane the profiler is a godsend.

wasn't aware of that, thanks :thumbup:

Cheers,

Michael.