•Laser guided bombs can now be released without TGP on board.

ericinexile

• Laser guided bombs can now be released without TGP on board.

Does this mean that the pave penny is now functional?

Edited by ericinexile
Posted in wrong place...please delete

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

What has being able to release LGBs without a TGP fitted got to do with Pave Penny?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Negative - TISL not functional.

As it states, GBU-10/12 can now be dropped via CCIP/CCRP without TGP on aircraft - not possible in 1.1.0.9.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Can a GBU be guided by another buddy with TGP while dropped from an A-10 without TGP?

AFAC? Yes, provided that your codes are set up correctly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I meant by the question is can I receive a laser signature and drop on it without a TGP? Without TISL I didn't think this was possible. Thanks for the responses.

Edited by ericinexile

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

What I meant by the question is can I receive a laser signature and drop on it without a TGP? Without TISL I didn't think this was possible. Thanks for the responses.

You will drop the LGB like you would a dumb bomb (either by CCIP or CCRP). During the fall the bomb will look out for the assigned laser code and will try to guide itself to the target if such laser is found. If not, the bomb continue to fall as a dumb bomb.

Your Buddy will be lasing your target/SPI so in theory if done correctly your bomb will track and impact on target.

Essentially gives you a fire-and-forget capability with your Buddy at stand-off range.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great. Thanks. My initial question was due to an interest on my part to "dumb" the jet down to a A-10A using HARS and TISL. Of course there is no practical reason to do this other than to acquaint myself with lower levels of sophistication. So I was a little excited at the prospect of a working Pave Penny. I certainly appreciate the desire not to devote resources to modeling a little used system when there is so much else on the ToDo list. Still, t would be nice to see it someday. I think it would make for some interesting missions.

Smokin' Hole