Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

I am thinking there would have been a lot less bitching if ED had released a free compatibility patch for BS along with a paid upgrade for BS2. But having said that i will still pay the $20 to upgrade BS. But i can also see where people are coming from.

• Like 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember DCS:BS being presented from the beginning as a modular system, where each new module will be compatible with those previous. Do you find it correct, when customers now have to pay once more to get what was promised to them?

Point made - now move along ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Congrats on nice surprise!

But, on download page you have following items:

1) DCS: Black Shark 2 Patch (English download version)

2) DCS: Black Shark 2 (English download version)

Item 1 implies that it is a patch for item 2.

Especially cos - by official statement - BS2 is NOT a regular patch, but an upgrade.

I presume that item 2 is "full install of BS2", and that item 1 is "BS1 upgrade for ENG version of BS1" (I have not purchased or downloaded at this moment). If so, then please change titles accordingly.

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

This is how it was intended, but this was never a promise. Further, Black Shark 2 is not just a compatibility patch - there's a lot more to it.

Reality changed things. Do you find it correct to ask people to do work for free?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember DCS:BS being presented from the beginning as a modular system, where each new module will be compatible with those previous. Do you find it correct, when customers now have to pay once more to get what was promised to them?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Download page also has it in big red lettering;

The "DCS: Black Shark 2" upgrade requires "DCS: Black Shark"!

:)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Good point, thank you for pointing that out.

Congrats on nice surprise!

1) DCS: Black Shark 2 Patch (English download version)

2) DCS: Black Shark 2 (English download version)

Item 1 implies that it is a patch for item 2.

Especially cos - by official statement - BS2 is NOT a regular patch, but an upgrade.

I presume that item 2 is "full install of BS2", and that item 1 is "BS1 upgrade for ENG version of BS1" (I have not purchased or downloaded at this moment). If so, then please change titles accordingly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Like I said. You could have a base simulator and add aircraft on to it like FSX. This would mean though that for the most part the simulation graphics would remain the same. The only work to be done would be the aircraft and weapons. Instead ED have chosen to upgrade the actual engine itself with each module. The pro is that the engine improves the con is the increased work to bring in a new aircraft. This work needs to be paid for. Simple as that.

The pro of keeping the engine frozen and just adding aircraft is that less time is needed. We would already probably have the next DCS module if it was done this way.

At the end of the day plans change and it is no easy thing to do. Regardless, paying for work done is fine by me, least we have no kick ass developer making sims that we enjoy anymore.

Oh,Oh,I tried to uninstall Bs 1.02 patch and add BS 2,No Joy.I then tried new install of BS 1.01 from DVD and found out my DVD drive is not recognizing any CD's or DVD's:doh: What a way to find out my PC is screwed up!!Funny thing is,the last time I used it was probably 3yrs ago installing BS:lol:

Oh well,my weekend plans just changed!!:megalol:

Patrick

mini.gif

Download page also has it in big red lettering;

:)

It is crystal clear to me, to you, and to anybody that carefully follows this forum.

BUT, it is not clear to average user, and it is very confusing to those that are not proficient enough in English language.

I already received two questions from members of my community in regard to this issue, and I anticipate even more in future.

@GGTharos

Just trying to help, pretending to be bigger noob then I actually am :D

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Ok, I'm again officially in love with your, Wags.

No problems during install (procedure was: "uninstall all" in modman, uninstall 1.0.2, install 2.0), setting up my axis statements, loading an old mission and whoops! I'm in the cockpit, hearing the ****IN' RAINDROPS! <3

Great job (even with my previously stated critism ;P).

There's no "Overkill". There's only "open fire!" and "time to reload".

Specs: i7-980@4,2Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2x GTX480, 1x 8800GTS, X-Fi HD, Cougar, Warthog, dcs-F16-pedals

Did you guys ever notice in WH that the Batumi Harbor area has moving cranes..?! Batumi area is great from helicopter perspective (except on fps counter :D)

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

The sounds are much better, much more uniform during start up, the old one used to go up a notch suddenly during the engine 2 start, but this is no longer the case. The Rotors also and much deeper chop to them which sounds brilliant. Cant wait to see missions that invovle the Ka50 and the A10c lol. Could be intresting.

The sounds are much better, much more uniform during start up, the old one used to go up a notch suddenly during the engine 2 start, but this is no longer the case. The Rotors also and much deeper chop to them which sounds brilliant. Cant wait to see missions that invovle the Ka50 and the A10c lol. Could be intresting.

Yeah one of the things not mentioned in the press release is the new surround sound engine, I think that is new to Black Shark

Nate

I've read through 55 pages (yes, a do need a aspirin now. And yes, i'm bored at work)

Call of duty DLC - 13,99€ (few maps and weaps added)

Farm Simulator DLC 3 - 7,99€ (you get a new plow and some other 'hot' stuff)

Starcraft 2 will release 'expansions' aka. DLC with two new singleplayer campaigns. I can bet my salury that they will cost 29,99€ each.

WOW is 12€ish per month!

20$ is nothing for BS2, stop complaining please. If you don't like it, don't buy it, don't play it. And for the love of everything, stop making crap posts in this thread, make a whine thread instead.

• Like 1

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Stop whining about the people telling you to stop whining...

:P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Im surprised, happy and very dissapointed at the same time. Even if ED did a great job and deserved 20$ for this product. What will be the next "upgrade" we have to pay for? Its okay for me, if you offer a buyable DLC(would have bought this). I guess the next step would be micropayment for Vikhr´s:thumbdown:, right?

Will there be a BS3 or 4, maybe a Warthog 2 or 3 just to keep the modules compatible to each other. I absolutely agree with everybody who has a problem with what ED is doing right now. I better prefer a Product which cost 60$ without buyable "upgrades" in the future. That´s my opinion, yours may be different.