Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'll buy it. I will have to think about it.

The compatibility with A-10 is nice and all, but most of the improvements don't interest me that much.

I would get it in an heartbeat if it included the the Ka-50Sh/N, even if they aren't in production, but I think I'll pass for now.

The ROF guys cheat through making a WW1 sim. :P

:D

Well, not really cheating, but I'm sure you agree that there's a certain difference in complexity between simulating a WW1 bird and WW1 battlefield, and doing the same for modern aircraft and the modern battlefield.

I think it's fair to say that the level of complexity of a whole WW1 aeroplane to a contemporary HSI (horizontal situation indicator) :D

EA's Origin software spies the daylights out of your PC. They then feed you advertisements aside from selling your data to who-knows-where.

I'm stuck here... I used to describe some companies as 'privacy whores' and now I don't know how to call EA :huh:

How ever I'm loving the new flight characteristics.

Much more realistic.

lebowski-opinion.jpg

Just kidding ;) What I am trying to say here is that the detailed list of changes has to be posted. The one from the press release is to vague. Especially for those who participated in the 'outstanding bugs thread'.

• Like 2

Tried replacing the installer with one I downloaded 2 seconds ago, still gives the error that BS must be installed..

Both with the HTTP downloaded exe and with the torrented.

what gameversion do you actually have? I mean the Black Shark 1 Game...just for curiousity? The english version?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Yes 1.0.2 english version.

erghh...sorry...please what?...1.0.2? Haven´t you read about the need of BS2, BS1 1.0 Version to be installed and not 1.0.2 Verion? If the new installer hasn´t been uploaded yet, so try it by removing the whole thing and install it again and do not patch the game. Just leave it blank. Go ingame shortly, return and exit. Then try to install BS2.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Yes I have Memphis. In response to EB's post (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1320769&postcount=910) I tried a "new" exe. And yes I've read extensively what's happening/happened and what needs to be done.

Pardon my ignorance if you did so already, but did you try uninstalling the 1.0.2 first? E.g. go to Control Panel -> Uninstall a program -> "Black Shark 1.0.2" (and NOT "DCS Black Shark") -> Uninstall? It might be tricky to find it if you're expecting the patch installation entry to be named the same as the game but for some reason it's missing the "DCS" in front of the name.

Just went through the same procedure on my laptop and it worked.. I was hoping that the BS2 would run better on my laptop than BS because I had the same feeling that the Warthog runs better and I believe it does (those micro stutters are gone now, I'd say).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Have a solution, worked for me (tested yesterday online, no issue and every personal config retained):

1. Rename BS1 vers. 1.02 folder.

2. Uninstall BS1 (won't touch your renamed folder);

3. Install BS1 vers. 1.00 in the same old position;

4. Install BS2.

5. Delete BS1 vers. 1.00 folder and rename the BS1.02 backup folder as before.

Give a try, maybe... but I can't guarantee: too many possible unknow issues ;)

• Like 1

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Exactly.

That's why I'm waiting for a fixed exe.

I was just about to propose the same. Just make a copy of the entire folder, uninstall 1.02, install BS2.

Then reinstall 1.02 and run it again to see if everything checks out. If not, just copy your backed up folder over the installation and it should be ok. If anything goes wrong, just uninstall the whole BS, reinstall it, reinstall the patch and copy your backed up folder over it. You can't lose your work. The only thing in question is whether your mods are potentially blocking the 1.02 uninstallation, but I think the uninstall will just ignore any possible errors and continue till it's done.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

It's a professional business, not some shady here-today-gone-tomorrow discount website.

A while ago, my boss called me at home and asked if I visited a Russian website. I know my boss periodically asks to see the sites employees visit at work from IT, but I don't know how this stuff shows up as on these report.

• Like 1

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

What a Game Version do you have installed, english or somethings different?

What the heck ist Direct2drive.com?

Get the files directly from the ED Homepage, you dont know what files you got from direct2drive.com.

Download

After you finished the download, install it and get into the game, if a activation is required so theres somethings different to your previous version, which means that you´re on a good way.

get into the game and leave it again, apply BS2 installer, it should work then.

You shouldn´t need to uninstall any previous versions, or even do not run any regestry cleaners. Just download, install and start the BS1 installation. That should work.

Crossing fingers for you, mate

Okay so I've downloaded the version from the website and the Black Shark 2 exe could not find my installation as well. So I've noticed that with both the Direct2Drive installation and the downloadable version from the website the game never prompts me to enter a authentication code; I have to enter the game's directory and manually run the protect.exe to activate when I do this a code is already there and nothing needs to be entered.

Guess I have to wait for the updated exe to get uploaded to the site.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Is that 1.0.0, 1.0.1, or 1.0.2?

It installed (torrent DL) without objection on 1.0.1 for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The BS2 patch won't install for me either, it complains with the same message: DCS Black Shark must be installed. It is installed. :cry:

Nice...well, not really.

I purchased all my DCS titles directly from DCS so it's not a Steam issue. Hopefully a fix is released soon but until then, it's back to BF3.

Intel Core I7 2600K, DP67BG Motherboard, 12GB Ram, MSI GTX460, Saitek PRO Flight X-65F, Dual 1080P Monitors

Flight Sims:

* DCS: A-10C Warthog

* DCS: Ka-50 Blackshark

* Lock On Platinum

* Rise of Flight

* Enemy Engaged - RAH66 Comanche Vs KA-52 Hokum

Hello, I'm trying to pay for BS2 and I get this... anyone have a solution?

Transaction Registration

Sage Pay Server returned a Status of INVALID

Sage Pay returned an INVALID status. The data sent was Invalid because "3138 : The BillingState format is invalid."

Edited by hollywoody

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://WWW.VFA-113.COM

Win 8.1 i5-3570 3.4ghz-Trackir5-TM Warthog - Pro-Saitek Combat Rudders-Viso 43" 4k"

Hello, I'm trying to pay for BS2 and I get this... anyone have a solution?

Transaction Registration

Sage Pay Server returned a Status of INVALID

Sage Pay returned an INVALID status. The data sent was Invalid because "3138 : The BillingState format is invalid."

Looks like you entered your state code incorrectly?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is that 1.0.0, 1.0.1, or 1.0.2?

It installed (torrent DL) without objection on 1.0.1 for me.

Patching to 1.0.1 and trying the Black Shark 2 installation did not work. My frustration is peaking now. I for the life of me cannot understand how this installation fiasco was not picked up on prior to the product release :cry:.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Patching to 1.0.1 and trying the Black Shark 2 installation did not work. My frustration is peaking now. I for the life of me cannot understand how this installation fiasco was not picked up on prior to the product release :cry:.

You've tried downloading 1.0 from DCS's website. Installing it somewhere else, not patching it, running it, starting a mission and activating it with your BS1 key, closing it down then installing the BS2 patch? That worked for a friend who wasn't able to get his BS2 running properly.