Screenshots or videos from BS2?

Mirtma

that's good to hear. :thumbup:

but i meant, if the nvg in bs is now similar to the one in the a10.

i always found the a10 version better to use, but i never was sure, if it is because the engine is better, or it is modelled different, because the nvg in the real hog is better then the one in the shark. bit confusing, eh? :D

I did some testing last night... making a night mission and the NVGs give you much better sight at night. You can actually use the Schval and shoot missiles...guiding them with the schval...just cannot lock target since not enough light. Big improvement...more night missions I think are going to be made.:thumbup:

I did some testing last night... making a night mission and the NVGs give you much better sight at night. You can actually use the Schval and shoot missiles...guiding them with the schval...just cannot lock target since not enough light. Big improvement...more night missions I think are going to be made.:thumbup:

yay! :thumbup:

• i5-3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX660Ti, SSD, Win7 64Bit
  • Warthog Base + Cougar Stick, Cougar Throttle (el cheapo HAL-Mod), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
  • Blackshark 1&2, A-10C, P-51, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F86-F, MiG-21Bis, Combined Arms, FC3, Falcon BMS, Rise of Flight

Some screens from the first three campaign missions of Operation Medvedev II. I love the new engine and it's basically what I've been waiting for. Just wish there was a Shkval-sensor update, because imo it kinda lacks that authentic feel.

All in all very very happy now :)... because allthough i enjoy flying A-10C, I feel alot more at home behind the stick and collective of a helicopter :). :joystick:

1.thumb.png.d9614c429511911dc3aa5e2cd4a85df6.png

2.thumb.png.796ea5b9f615c33f0e61bc211428151e.png

3.thumb.png.88d3c4a3c8e66cc9dbb53bb041d900df.png

4.thumb.png.6f23f36b25d898cbf08ac105f2bf0304.png

5.thumb.png.2b67b6d47bf30f7f6af57770a4537f99.png

6.thumb.png.2d5c913389ed0bf0ae68ea8d6f388714.png

7.thumb.png.8f7fc687be427d55a77a14399ee62bec.png

• ED Team
Some screens from the first three campaign missions of Operation Medvedev II. I love the new engine and it's basically what I've been waiting for. Just wish there was a Shkval-sensor update, because imo it kinda lacks that authentic feel.

All in all very very happy now :)... because allthough i enjoy flying A-10C, I feel alot more at home behind the stick and collective of a helicopter :). :joystick:

Nice shots. If you have not already noticed, as you progress in the campaign you will have SEAD and CAS flights on call to assist you (from Other selection in radio menu).

Nice shots. If you have not already noticed, as you progress in the campaign you will have SEAD and CAS flights on call to assist you (from Other selection in radio menu).

Amazing! It will make the new Georgian war come alive. I assume you made the campaign Wags? Dying to jump into it.

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

I love that wind-affected smoke!

For A-10C to practice cross wind landings someone put down an Abrams and a few enemy trucks so that he could judge the wind from the smoke from the vehicles that the tank blew up at mission start. Was pretty cool.

No but that's a cool idea.

Nate

Actually it's a bit surprising ED implemented this but not rain on the canopy. I mean, those splashes are a very nice touch to be sure, but somewhat pointless in a flight sim - rain distortion like in RoF would actually add some gameplay/realism value. Most likely the splashes were simply a lot easier to do, although the DCS engine can already handle refraction (heat blur)?

... those splashes are a very nice touch to be sure, but somewhat pointless in a flight sim - rain distortion like in RoF would actually add some gameplay/realism value.
It would affect your vision and therefore affect flying the Ka-50/A-10/... It surely affects my vision when I'm driving a car ...

Definitely something I'd like to see somewhere in the future. (nice to have)

rain would be nice but very very heavy on the old performance. Im not sure how Railworks did it to be honest, I really like the rain in that however I get only small drop in performance. Nearly every flightsim that has some kind of rain effect has a big penalty to it.

It would affect your vision and therefore affect flying the Ka-50/A-10/... It surely affects my vision when I'm driving a car ...

Definitely something I'd like to see somewhere in the future. (nice to have)

Yes, that's what I meant - the splashes in the sea are a bit pointless as you'll rarely see them during regular play and even then they're little more than a gimmick (albeit admittedly a nice one). Rain water on the canopy however adds quite a bit of realism to flying in inclement weather, so I would have much preferred that effect.