DCS BS2 Stutters.

Pit_Toyuwo

Hi there.

Got BS2, great. Except that like A10c it stutters at low altitude. I get small freezes frequently like each 10 seconds or something like that. The problem is that in the KA50 you stick to the treetops, so it means a world of never ending stutters. It stutters on low and high settings. It stutters with high framerates. It seems to be somewhat related to the dynamic loading of the meshes in low altitude of LODs or something like that since it doesn't stutter when you are flying high. Doesn't seem to be related to the cpu, it is 33% busy at all times.

So anybody here got rid of this in A10? Anybody got the same problem in BS2? Any patch coming to address this? Basically I want to know the cause of this.

BS1 runs fine, no problem at all.

Just a foreword, I saw the thread about the stuttering in a10 on the lockon forum... I did try some things suggested over there but it did not fix anything. I am NOT going to turn off paging or hyperthreading for one game, it is DUMB. I am not also going to change the configuration of my SSD drive with data written on it, this is downright dangerous.

My machine is an I7 with windows 7 64 bits 8gigs ram, SSD drive, some Nvidia video card dual GPU. That thing is one year old and runs everything maxed and is optimized for heavy duty 3d since it's related to my job.

Anyway tell me what you think.

I got some pretty bad stutters whenever a MBT fired his main gun at me. I can't recall if it was a T72 or a T80. I know it's the PATROL mission.

If you want to test, blow a few ones up and then overfly the rest. You'll most certainly get blown to bits, but whenever they fire at me I get a half a second freeze that's sure disturbing.

I'll investigate it further this week, too.

The game is still 1.0, and there are still quite a few bugs to be polished off.