Files panels A10C....

reactorone

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Updated with the "Emergency Flight Control" Panel, see my first thread for download the file.

-Ice >> I'm sorry, how did you build these???

Please look here, it's in French but the pictures will explain better than my English.

Here: http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=145633

Regards,

ReactorOne

RectorOne, thanks for sharing this excellent link. I noticed that in the same thread, someone (Goupil) showed a panel glowing in UV light. I don't read french, google translation gave me some idea what was being said. I suppose the panel was made of acrylic painted black, then engraved with white lettering, then the UV LEDs were placed below to make it glow?

Is the UV paint transparent under normal light? I noticed the first picture it showed the panel looking normal, then in the second pictured in glowed in the dark and the lettering nicely visible in the dim light.

I know EL sheets would give really good, even backlighting compared to spread LEDs around. I wonder if this UV approach is just as good? At least it showed be cheaper than EL sheets.

Reactorone

I've downloaded your files for the panels - such as the AN_ARC_164 UHF - there are two files in the zip a TIF Image and and EPS file. I open the TIF but I am not familiar with the EPS file format - what does it show?

Secondly are the TIFF panel images to scale? If I cut them out are they ready for mounting?

Third each panel looks like it has three layers can you describe what each layer does, their thickness and how they are attached

Finally it would be very helpful if you had a parts list for the various knobs and switches you are using - and a supplier.

This is awesome work - looking forward to actually building these panels - MUCH THANKS for all the work you are doing.

John

French Translate -----

J'ai téléchargé vos fichiers pour les panneaux - tels que l'UHF AN_ARC_164 - il ya deux fichiers dans le zip d'une image TIF et et le fichier EPS. J'ouvre le TIF, mais je ne suis pas familier avec le format de fichier EPS - Que faut-il montrer?

Ensuite sont les images TIFF du panneau à l'échelle? Si je les couper en sont-ils prêts pour le montage?

Troisième chaque panneau dirait qu'il a trois couches pouvez-vous décrire ce que chaque couche ne, leur épaisseur et comment ils sont attachés

Enfin, il serait très utile si vous aviez une liste de pièces pour les boutons et commutateurs différents que vous utilisez - et un fournisseur.

Ce travail est impressionnant - impatients de construire réellement ces panneaux - MERCI BEAUCOUP pour tout le travail que vous faites.

• 6 months later...