Somebody Stole My Russian Betty!

ericinexile

Please bring her back! The English one? Well nothing against her but she kills the mood. I don't know, maybe it's the accent. But my Russian Betty? Ahh, she always sounds great. She's always cool under fire scolding me with that femine baritone that says, "I don't really care that you aren't listening". And of course I wasn't. It didn't matter that I didn't understand a word. We got along for four years and I honestly don't think I can handle a long-term relationship with this English speaking chick. Bring my Betty back ED, please!

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

You mean overall betty in easy mode or ALMAZ computer voice? If so it is failure :| I love listening of sound actress in Almaz, she is so cool ^^

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Myeah that's actually my only complaint about BS2. That and the lack of the old menu music. :(

First time I started it up in BS2 I heard the English Betty throttling up the engines, and I literally looked around thinking "the hell was that" before realising it was from the Almaz. It's just not the same.

Seriously ED, this will just not do. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS A-10C: putting the 'art' into 'warthog'.

(yes, corny. Sorry.)

I hope there'll be a mod for this eventually :)

I looked into it and I think it requires code changes to work as the russian soundfiles are split up and the english ones are not. I guess I could take a stab att digging through the lua files again but I am not sure if anything comes out of it.

I would probably not have bought the game had I known about this.

Edited by Irregular programming

No, I am not sure at all.

When I got the game I started renaming files from BS1 to see what was possible, translating the wingmen should probably be working by just renaming and switching out the soundfiles. However the russian almaz has begining and endings soundfiles, while the english sounds in BS2 do not.

When I get home I can look at this again but I was looking in the almaz folder.

I guess waiting for the russian BS2 version to come out might solve it.

Edited by Irregular programming

Ok I had a quick look, the Russian BS2 sound files and the Russian BS1 files are in some places the same (Almaz) and in other very very different. It will require the BS2 Russian files and what ever code tweak to get them to work.

I'm also not sure if ED will sanction such a mod.

Nate

In BS 1, if you flew with a russian cockpit you get a russian betty and if you flew english cockpit you get english betty.

Why was this changed?

I fly with the russian cockpit. To have a betty with a horrible russian accent talk to you in english takes away from the authenticity of the Ka-50.

Even in the hypothetical scenerio of the Ka-50 being exported to an english speaking county, do you think they would get a woman with a russian accent to do their english betty?

Bring back russian betty! Her voice was beautiful :)

I am the alpha and the omega

To have a betty with a horrible russian accent talk to you in english takes away from the authenticity of the Ka-50.

Oh, I get it...I did not realize that was supposed be an accent.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Myeah that's actually my only complaint about BS2. That and the lack of the old menu music. :(

My thoughts exactly! So much more immersive with Russian Betty.

That's something that made IL-2 great as well... all AI spoke in their native language.

Who was so "wise and intelligent" to make English voice in Ru choppa? FTW Cmon Ru betty is as same as Eiffel Tower in Paris, like Pyramids in Egypt. It just can't be other way :P

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Re. Russian Rita - I've packaged the required files and have uploaded it to the Main ED User files awaiting moderation.

In the mean-time if you own BS1 - good news, copying from BS1 to BS2 works.

Copy

\\Sounds\speech\russian\almaz

to BS2

\\Sounds\Speech\Sound\RUS\DCS Ka-50\Almaz\Messages

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--