A-10 easier to run than BS2

shea1980

Hi guys,i was just wondering does bs2 use the exact game engine as a-10?because for me a-10 works way better than bs2,i have all setting mostly on high on a-10 and i get around 43 fps most of the time and on bs2 i have things on medium and i only get 30 fps,anyone notice this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Probably due to the respective altitudes that these aircraft operate at.

Nope.

I get lower fps in BS2 as well. I can buzz rooftops in A-10 with all settings on high and get > 60 fps. In BS2 its 35-55 fps, so it's not the altitudes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I get the same. The KA-50 IMO is a little more graphically intense with the model. You have visible rotors through the windscreen and the sound seems a little more complex. The cockpit seems a bit more graphical to me. The A-10 has a no overhead and the KA-50 has a very detailed roof rather than a clear canopy. Remember, this is just my opinion but it makes sense to me.

I think that's probably right! All those moving parts on the rotors must be taking! I'd imagine the flight model for a chopper is more taxing too? Could be completely wrong but I presume there are more forces at work!

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

I'd imagine the flight model for a chopper is more taxing too?

It is certainly more taxing on me!!:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It's Russian, everything has to be at least 10% more difficult or taxing than any US counterpart :music_whistling:

Which does not extend to women - after all, we all know Russian women are 10% better than US women, and French are 10% better than Russian!

Unfortunately English women are bottom of the pile, coming in at 20% below even the Welsh.

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

the ka50 was made without normal maps. so it has more polygonal details.

Can you clarify? normal maps? you mean bitmaps? define normal as apposed to?

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

I am not sure of exact numbers but I would say the A10c collectively inside and out has a much higher polygon count, speaking from a purely visual based opinion.

I am getting around 20 FPS less in BS2 than A-10C. I have played around with the various settings and have matched the display options for both sims yet cannot get BS2 to run as fast as A-10C.

While I am not overly concerned, maybe a patch will smooth things out? In any case, the Alt-tab situation definitely deserves EDs attention.

Edited by mjolner

You could try hitting ctrl+scroll-lock twice to get the detailed FPS display which shows you where the renderer is spending its time. Might tell you something interesting. Then again, it might not. And it might be worth waiting for the 1.1.1.0 patch for Warthog before comparing.

Unfortunately English women are bottom of the pile, coming in at 20% below even the Welsh.

And the Welsh Ladies come with a backup, They wear Wellies :music_whistling:

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

might be worth waiting for the 1.1.1.0 patch for Warthog before comparing.

Good point.. presently in BS2 is quite a bit more resource intensive than A10c..

P.S my wife is Welsh :music_whistling:

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Good point.. presently in BS2 is quite a bit more resource intensive than A10c..

P.S my wife is Welsh :music_whistling:

Any time you want to talk about it...We're here :D

Compared to BS1, they may have increased the view distance. BS1 used to have these horrible bricks when an object was too far away and I haven't seen them yet.

If I stay with a single screen I can get 55-60fps at 2560x1600 so it's not too bad.

A-10C though I could run multi monitor 2560x2600 and still 55fps

There was a water tweak you can use, change it to 0 in the config file and it's a big help even when miles from water.

The config files location seems to have changes now though so check that if trying it.

The other killer is Supersampling, don't use it and FPS goes up. I have that off and HDR off.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

My performance is as ugly as a hairy tart in some of the campaign missions and even on some of the single player ones. The situation gets even uglier if I load some more demanding Custom Missions.

Black Shark 2 will have to go through the normal list of patched after release. Just like A-10, it'll take quite a few months for this sim to be polished out and be as playable as DCS-A10 is on high settings. :pilotfly:

My performance is as ugly as a hairy tart in some of the campaign missions and even on some of the single player ones. The situation gets even uglier if I load some more demanding Custom Missions.

Black Shark 2 will have to go through the normal list of patched after release. Just like A-10, it'll take quite a few months for this sim to be polished out and be as playable as DCS-A10 is on high settings. :pilotfly:

For you maybe. I'm playing everything maxed now with 30-50 fps on 5760x1080. No graphical patch needed. It's very polished now and I'm loving the new graphics in the BS.

Same for me actually - I've getting extreme slow down when using the Schkval (or whatever it's called!).

Going to shelve this one until I upgrade to a rig that can run it!

For you maybe. I'm playing everything maxed now with 30-50 fps on 5760x1080. No graphical patch needed. It's very polished now and I'm loving the new graphics in the BS.

It's not the graphics WynnTTr, but the performance that needs optimizing :). There's no denying the game is pretty, but it's considerably more hardware demanding than DCS A-10 in its current post-patch state. Even if I fly at the same altitude as the helo, I get considerably better results than while flying the Shark.

It's, therefore, safe to say that some patches that could better optimize performance will be released, just like they did with DCS A-10. :thumbup:

You could try hitting ctrl+scroll-lock twice to get the detailed FPS display which shows you where the renderer is spending its time. Might tell you something interesting. Then again, it might not. And it might be worth waiting for the 1.1.1.0 patch for Warthog before comparing.

I tried this. In both sims put player craft on takeoff from runway batumi. All settings maxed and equal.

I opened the detailed render data and all the values also for cockpit are roughly equal. The only BIG outlier is objects.

If you look right towards downtown batumi trough the trees, the value for objects in a-10 goes to +/- 15 maximum, but in BS2 it is easily 25. That increases the value for frametime a lot hence lower fps.

In any case the fps is 29 vs 22 when looking right from batumi runway and then finding the spot where fps is lowest. When you look straight ahead fps is almost equal. But straight ahead is only runway and then the sea to render. So for some reason the rendering of objects is harder for the engine in bs2 then in a-10c because (at least for me) the more stuff there is on screen the bigger the fps difference between a-10 and bs2.

But I don't see why it is harder to render the objects, is the object density increased for the presets low/medium/high? I didn't notice it.

At least I hope this doesnt get patched into A-10 with the new patch :)

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

I run blackshark at about 20fps average. What are the specs of your computer WynnTTr?

Just curious.

Havn't tested BS2 yet but soon

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series