warthog calibration ?

is there a calibration page for the hotas warthog somewhere other then the windows cali.

my stick is pulling to the right even after i calibrated it in windows, kind of annoying spending 380.00 for a stick that pulls. :joystick:

Thermaltake Tsunani Dream black case, AMD Phenom II X6 1100t Black Edition --- ASUS M4A79T Deluxe - 790FX MOBO--- G.SKILL 8GB DDR3 --- Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM--- SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6670 1GB ---- SWIFTECH APOGEE H20-220 "Ultima XT" Liquid Cooling, TrackIR5 TrackClip PRO , TM Warthog Hotas:music_whistling:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1084321&postcount=7: for the Throttle.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1293634&postcount=36: for the Stick.

Every Warthog owner should do this. And many initially reported a pull to the right that was cured by the above (including me).

P.S. If this is a new stick, be sure to flash with the latest firmware: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=3&pid=311&cid=1

P.P.S. I just typed 'Calibrate Warthog' in the Search window, and the above thread was the first result :D.

Edited by hassata

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

interesting stuff.

tm indicated that the warthog does not need calibration..... kool find.

Never saw that. The fact they have released the tool to calibrate it says otherwise.

;)

It works out of the box with DCS A10C but it still needs to be calibrated for a majority of people.

You can check in TARGET to see if it is off centre.

Edited by Fleshpiston

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] AEF Flesh | 161 SQN

System: 965BE / 5850 Toxic / TrackIR 5 Pro / 120gb Corsair Force 3 GT / 2TB Raid10 / 6GB RAM /TM HOTAS Warthog / G13 / Combat Rudder Pedals..... and lots more :doh:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1084321&postcount=7: for the Throttle.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1293634&postcount=36: for the Stick.

Every Warthog owner should do this. And many initially reported a pull to the right that was cured by the above (including me).

P.S. If this is a new stick, be sure to flash with the latest firmware: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=3&pid=311&cid=1

P.P.S. I just typed 'Calibrate Warthog' in the Search window, and the above thread was the first result :D.

So I calibrated my throttle and it works great, after the cali it confirmed the cali was complete, as for my stick, that's another story. It asked me to plug in the stick usb, went thru the 4 point and space bar for the stick, told me to unplug it and no confirmation of sucess. Then it tells me to plug it in and goes thru it over and over and never asks for buttons .... It still pulls to the right and climbes. I trim it in game and it gets close but not right and if put on autopilot it goes back to the default :( Is this how it worked for any of you guys or do I have a bigger issue?

Edited by glazier1333

Thermaltake Tsunani Dream black case, AMD Phenom II X6 1100t Black Edition --- ASUS M4A79T Deluxe - 790FX MOBO--- G.SKILL 8GB DDR3 --- Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM--- SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6670 1GB ---- SWIFTECH APOGEE H20-220 "Ultima XT" Liquid Cooling, TrackIR5 TrackClip PRO , TM Warthog Hotas:music_whistling:

The Warthog doesn't require calibration - that is the beauty of the position sensing system!

You do not need to flash it either - DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS IT IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY as you risk creating problems/bricking the unit(s)!!!!!

I have a low 1000 s/n unit and no probs. Perfect out the box, and not flashed.

Best regards,

Tango.

The Warthog doesn't require calibration - that is the beauty of the position sensing system!

You do not need to flash it either - DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS IT IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY as you risk creating problems/bricking the unit(s)!!!!!

I have a low 1000 s/n unit and no probs. Perfect out the box, and not flashed.

Best regards,

Tango.

I would double check this info on not flashing the firmware. I am not sure this is correct.

It was my understading that the bricked throttle failure has affected fewer units since the latest firmware. It would be too late to flash it to the latest revision once the throttle is bricked. I also have a very early unit which has never given me an issue. I flashed it to firmware 20 from 18 as soon as it was released. The LED's now go dark as they should at shut down. I would not hesitate to flash it to the latest and I believe that is the general consensus of most current WH users. Of course it is up to you. :)

Out

Edited by PoleCat

It is highly advised to flash to the latest FW, and the WH does require recalibration from time to time.

Dont use the windows calibration app, if you already have, you should go back to the controllers property's page and reset it to default then use the TM app to recalibrate your stick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

I agree, I have an early version and updated the firmware as soon as it was available and I've had no problems with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 2 weeks later...
So I calibrated my throttle and it works great, after the cali it confirmed the cali was complete, as for my stick, that's another story. It asked me to plug in the stick usb, went thru the 4 point and space bar for the stick, told me to unplug it and no confirmation of sucess. Then it tells me to plug it in and goes thru it over and over and never asks for buttons .... It still pulls to the right and climbes. I trim it in game and it gets close but not right and if put on autopilot it goes back to the default :( Is this how it worked for any of you guys or do I have a bigger issue?

I have the same problem. I can't get the calibration to finish on the stick. It keeps repeating the same procedure again.

Have you found a way to do it, or does anyone else know to fix it? The firmware is updated and I've tried different USB slots but just get the same thing.

Many thanks

I must be doing something wrong. The joystick calibration keeps repeating itself.

When it says something like "Push the stick forward SLOWLY, then press space" I push forward for about 5 seconds then hit space, let it centre again then follow the next instruction. But at the end it says the same thing "Plug in joystick to start"

When I use TARGET Device Analyzer, and move the stick about, both the values always return to 32768. Does that mean it's properly calibrated?

The only reason I ask is because when I mess about flying (not pressing buttons) just moving the throttles at the same time, the plane always starts turning right a lot.

Is this a natural characteristic of the A-10, or is my stick not set up right?

In over 30 years of gaming, I've never experienced anything like this before. I'm up to page 148 in the flight manual and every sentence is so hard to understand, and I've forgotten most of what I've read, but there's something so awesome when I'm up in the air. I'm determined to get it right.

Please someone put me out of my misery, what am I doing wrong?

I have the same problem. I can't get the calibration to finish on the stick. It keeps repeating the same procedure again.

Have you found a way to do it, or does anyone else know to fix it? The firmware is updated and I've tried different USB slots but just get the same thing.

Many thanks

From what i've read and experienced, it's the dynamics of the sim. I've noticed that when ever I change my drag ( Firing Mavricks or releasing bombs I need to reset my trim in flight,) is this a common thing ?

Guys I had this same issue with my stick always pulling to the right etc. I can tell you it was NOT a calibration problem. There are 8 black screws 4 in the top and 4 in the bottom of the stick that will loosen up over time. No idea why there is no locktite on them..

The 4 on top are under the chrome trim ring, you have to remove the joystick handle then the 8 chrome screws holding the trim ring, once you get that off there are 4 black screws. the ones on the bottom all you do is remove the bottom plate and they are right there. Just CAREFULLY tighten them back up. Note: DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THEM (mine feel like they are half stripped out from the factory) my guess is someone didnt have their clutch set right on the assembly line.... Also you need to do both sides because the top and bottom screws go into the same posts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Guys I had this same issue with my stick always pulling to the right etc. I can tell you it was NOT a calibration problem. There are 8 black screws 4 in the top and 4 in the bottom of the stick that will loosen up over time. No idea why there is no locktite on them..

The 4 on top are under the chrome trim ring, you have to remove the joystick handle then the 8 chrome screws holding the trim ring, once you get that off there are 4 black screws. the ones on the bottom all you do is remove the bottom plate and they are right there. Just CAREFULLY tighten them back up. Note: DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THEM (mine feel like they are half stripped out from the factory) my guess is someone didnt have their clutch set right on the assembly line.... Also you need to do both sides because the top and bottom screws go into the same posts.

my stick is brand new

• 3 years later...

Did anyone ever get a resolution to this problem without returning the stick?

I've just brought one and I am having this same issue.

On average my X Axis in the device analyser only goes down to 2-3000 with occasional errors on the other Axes as well.

• 4 years later...

bit of an old thread but i thought id see if i could get a reply. i have the warthog and recently no matter if i have the stick axis inverted or not, when i turn the stick left the plane goes right and this is annoying. any idea on how to fix?

Edited by Pandemic4444

My PC specs: Windows 10 v1903, LG 70" 4k HDR Tv, GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro Motherboard, Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake CPU @4.7Ghz w/ NZXT Kraken M22 Liquid Cooler, GIGABYTE GTX-1080 Xtreme Gaming Edition + EVGA Gtx-1080 SC in SLI, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4 2400Mhz RAM, 3TB of Hard Drives, 1300 watt EVGA SuperNOVA G2 power supply, Antec 1900 Case.

Which plane(s) are you trying with?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to resolve this right pulling issue with the WH joystick yet?

Please post the resolution here...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie: