Software Suggestions?

SuperKungFu

I decided to try my luck at creating some new 3d models for lomac, so does anyone have any good suggestions which software to buy? Everyone seem to use 3d max...so is version 7 the latest one and do i need any previous versions for it to work. And how much does it cost.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Between GMAX and 3d Max, what are the difference. I mean there has to be some advantage 3d max holds that cost so much.

Yes, highend rendering engines, special effects, and a lot of additional movie making tools, and even more additional options and tools you will not need as a MOD maker. 3DSMAX is humongous application that eats every common PC resources completely. You need a dedicated computer to run it fast. It also costs an arm and a leg. Though with it you can make another Lord of the Rings move from scratch :rolleyes:

However from what I see you just want to make 3D models with texturing, and animation for games. GMAX is enough and it is like stripped 3DMAX that is totally free!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Start with the free tools. Gmax is probably your best bet, cut down version of a very rock hard industry standard application. There are other free tools out there you may also consider. But do your research and decide for yourself..... Asking questions in forums i definately the right place to start.

Go and check out some of the homebrew game developer sites also, ask around there. gamedev.net is a place to get started.

This is definately a decision that you will want to make based on research and advice from people in the know and the industry. Make it well and if you are good it may take you down a creative and lucrative career path. But be warned, learning these tools is not something that you are going to master in an hour. But the benefits in the long run are well worth it. I work for a military defence contractor that makes land and flight based simulators, Maya is the standard dev tool for visual editing (along with a buttload of other tools).

Just my 2 cents. hope it helps. :)

err... Correct me if i am wrong but you cant use gmax for making models for lomac..or can you?

Can anybody answer this question?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

You don't need a somesort of plugin.

Just make your model in Gmax and send it to the dev's.

Games like fs2004 support Gmax and that means YOU can add plane's and stuff whenever you want. Lo-mac DOenst have this and you CAN make your model in Gmax but you need to send it to the DEV's and They will import it for you. (if the model is good engough.)

• 2 weeks later...