Diveplanes DCS A10C audio mod package

Once we get all the info we can all make a rational choice about if "we" think its worth it. I certanly look forward to clips and demo's that showcase what this mod does and will not hesitate to invest in it if I like it..

edit: oh and it wont surprise me this time if I get more negative rep for supporting a payware openly on the forum

edit2: Diveplane, Will your sound mod be available in an enhanced format for those of us running a "buttkicker"? That would be very cool! :)

Edited by spikenet
buttkicker
  • Like 3

Good luck with your sound paymod.

Just be sure you don't include copyrighted audio files from other third-party mods and/or steal sounds from videos posted by individuals on YouTube. That is if you intend to copyright payware that is already copyrighted.:D

perfectly said

As the owner of several copyrights, I can verify that anything you charge money for (payware) has to be comprised of 100% original, non-previously copyrighted material composed by the author (diveplane) or used via written permission of the original author(s).

This means no sounds from any other games or any video or sound source that isn't verified to be public domain. Even pulling it from a free mod of another game is not advised since you don't know where that author got their original audio.

So, if you've bee ripping your audio from other sources such as games or non-public domain videos/sound clips, even if you have tweaked it in an audio processing program, then you cannot charge a penny for it Diveplane.

Making a sound mod is alot of work to get it just right and it would be nice to be compensated for the work. Now, if you recorded the audio yourself from the source or compiled it all from written persmission or public domain sources, then I support you going the payware route. If not, then I advise you to either keep it private for yourself or put it out as freeware. You'll be under alot of scrutiny on this one and I wouldn't doubt if people tried to cross reference your sounds to copyrighted material.

Edited by Total

I've got no problem paying for content. I've been doing so in rise of flight for a long time and they are still powering on with development of new planes over 2 years since release.

Same with iRacing.

Looking at the criticism some free mods get, I'm sure you know it had to be top quality!

It's always the first that suffers the most heat but good luck.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

I have no problem paying for mods to this game. Im not rich at all (probably u earn 4 times more working in McDonalds than i do by doing what i do) but i understands that if u want quality stuff u need to spend some cash on it.

Freeware is great...but as said before, developer is sacrificing his free time to do something for us SIM'ers. But on the other hand...its dangerous for anyone to do things like that and get cash for it... ACTA SOPA and other nasty laws...u copy something from YT and US Airforce can lock u up just for using their jet sounds in the game...;/ Donating would be the best option in my opinion.

Still Diveplane u do a great job for the community! keep it up!

I'm down for paying for a good product. Some people put an amazing amount of effort into their hobbies. Nothing wrong with trying to recoop some of that cost. There are untold numbers of companies that started out from someone's hobby. Give the guy a break. If you don't want to pay for it, don't buy it. Pretty easy concept. I don't understand the bashing that goes on from someone who's thinking outside the box and putting legitimate effort. For people who buy $500 joysticks, $2k+ computers, with video cards costing in excessive of $500, rudder pedals, full on pits, a few bucks for a payware mod is nothing.

As far as copyright goes, it definitely must be 100% original work in order to market and sell. So that is definitely something to contend with.

Good luck Diveplane. I for one will definitely preview your product and if its worth will have no qualms buying it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Recruiting open for A-10C and/or KA-50 Squadrons

http://www.firstfighterwing.com/forums/content.php

hi everyone little update on the audios,

1..first of all the main announcement is that these audio mods will be payware only, and will be digital downloadable content, kindly hosted and advertised directly here at DCS site for everyone to purchase download and enjoy.

2..two full ingame audio mod packages will be available, one for dcs a10c other blackshark 2 pc.

pricing wont be available yet to early to announce...

for now will provide little update and vids here on this thread for yous to enjoy, atm work continues on both versions of the audio mod, below is a small video of the fighter jets

afterburner audio effects on take off.

thx everyone diveplane.

f18s take off from carrier.

http://youtu.be/Y2JbhbhIROk?hd=1

The beginning of the end. Not good Dive. Not good at all.

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG