OPFOR "A Call to Arms !! "

Manawar

The 104th proudly announce our 3rd community wide event for 2011:

OPFOR 11-3

phoenixopfor-1.jpg

When:

Saturday 10-Dec2011 Time: 20:30 – 23:30 GMT (updated)

Both Blue and Red forces comms will be hosted on the 104th Phoenix TeamSpeak Server.

Where:

104th Dedicated Server. Password to be given during TS briefing

How:

This will be a closed password required event. In order to sign-up, please post in the OPFOR 11-3 thread on the 104th forums that you wish to join. Make sure to include the names of all the pilots you would like to have participate including their 104th forum user name so that they may be setup with access to their respective planning room. Also include your preferred side to fly, the type of aircraft, and the airbase for every pilot. Note that you may not get your preferred plane slot and may be allocated differently in the interest of team balance. Participants will be accepted up to 48 hours before the event if there are available slots still left. All squadrons and individual ‘lone wolf’ players are welcomed. Once you have been signed on to the event, you will have access to a private planning room for your chosen side, either Red or Blue.

If you are not sure you can make it to the event or stay the duration of the mission, then please do not sign up! For the next event, you may not be allowed to participate if you are a no show. People with older PCs and/or internet connections should consider if their PC is up to the task of handling this event. Make sure to turn down all graphic options. Event is limited to 64 players maximum. 32 per side.

Mission Description:

TBA.

The mission will be edited from on of the current version so that both sides have equal distances to targets. The final mission with briefing will be available soon in the planning threads. The winning team will be the team to score the most points at the end of the 3 hour event. Intel on point values/mission goals to follow soon in this thread. Statistics and scoring for the event are tracked and will be posted on the 104th forum after the event. Mission will remain on "Pause" until all players are ready to start as monitored by the server admin.

Legal payloads: (TBA)

Match Rules

- 1 Life per player. Players must exit the game server immediately after their death or a penalty will be applied.

- You may exit flight after landing and coming to a full stop at a friendly base to refresh game or choose a new available slot. This will not be counted as a loss. Ask admin for permission to rejoin before exiting.

- Pilots may land and rearm only at friendly available bases. Landing anywhere else will be considered a loss.

- Assigned player slots can be changed between pilots of the same team, if agreed between both pilots or if an empty slot is available.

- You cannot quit in flight intentionally during the event for any reason and rejoin. Players disconnected due to a game crash or internet disconnection may only rejoin if granted permission by an admin (as admin for permission to rejoin). You will not be allowed to reconnect at any time if you were engaged with any enemy.

- All pilots must land BEFORE the end of the event. A notification will be given when there are 10 minutes left in the event. Any pilot still in the air at the end of the event will be counted as a loss and any points obtained by that pilot during that last flight will be revoked.

General server rules as listed in 104th mission briefing apply to this event. Max ping 400ms will be manually enforced by admin.

Turn down as many graphic options as you can.

Even more than you would normally flying online. Turn down all but textures.

textures high (for instrument readability)

water = normal

visib range = medium

heat blur = off

shadows = active planar

Connection speed in MP options = ASDL 256/128

Edited by Manawar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, good very good. I will post it on our website with hope that my fellow comrades will join this fight against imperialists. But i can not promise anything since we are in GI and this alone consumps hell of a lot time. Give us like week or so, I will contact you. Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dominik "Camper" Krejci, #95 of the 51st PVO Regiment

A full house with 64 players! There is no doubt when it comes to online play, head to head A2A is really what is missing in DCS. It is going to be an epic mission. Lots of goals for the strikers and the fighters. Breifings posted in the team sections of the 104th forums.

Thanks to all those that signed up.

BLUE - MAX 32

TOTAL SIGNED UP: 32

A2A: 23

A2G: 09

RED - MAX 32

TOTAL SIGNED UP: 32

A2A: 23

A2G: 09

(LW=LoneWolf)

----------------------

BLUE - SIGN UP CLOSED

FARP Camp Victory: 08 Ka50s

LW Fangav

LW Ironstrike

LW Foxx

LW Blix900

Kobuleti: 12 F15

104th_Riptide

104th_Mogas

104th_Crunch

104th_Crow

104th_Maverick

LW A.S

UVAF-Mad_Max

UVAF-Peter

LW Rush

LW Chacal

LW Mac

LW WARGO

Kutaisi: 06 MiG 29S

104th_Presing

104th_Pharaoh

LW Sett-Seth

UVAF-Zig

UVAF-Backfire

=WRAG=OSA

Kutaisi: 08 Su27

UVAF-Recoba

UVAF-Prok

UVAF-Bond

UVAF-GregOzby

LW Flankerator

Senaki: 04 A10a

Senaki: 05 Su25t

=DW=Schtuzer

=DW=Fritz

=DW=Wizard_VVS

=DW=Omny

LW Bob!

---------------------------

RED - SIGN UP CLOSED

FARP Kalitka: 08 Ka50

=4c=Yambo

=4c=Nikola

51st Case

51st Redeagle

Kuznetsov: 04 Su33

279KIAP Kunz

279KIAP Snake

VAO*Vecko

Min' Vody: 04 F15

=4c=SandmaN

=4c=RAPTOR

SVK_COBRA

SVK_Trup

Min' Vody: 08 Su27

=4c=ZigZag

=4c=Don

SVK_Teddy

SVK_FOX

SVK_Benjo

Alpha 01

Alpha 02

51st Gandalf

Min' Vody: 06 Su25t

LW Airbat

51st Frostie

51st X-man

51st Teknetium

51st Soviet

Nalchik: 06 MiG29S

=4c=YUfighter

=4c=WhitePony

Alpha 03

Alpha 04

Nalchik: 04 Su25a

Sochi: 04 F15

NFI_651/bird-1

NFI_101/bird-2

NFI_107/bird-3

NFI_131/bird-18

Sochi: 04 Su27

VAO*Zoky

VAO*Rale

Edited by Crunch

Sorry but great? After server pause......OMG what ws that?......I was killed by enemy fighter, I only noticed that I am dead without warning. So for me this was weird. Please let me know If you are going to pause server during fly, I will release my slot for anybody else.

The server pause was an accident it was not intentional.. Everyone in the servers game paused at the exact same time and was un-paused at the exact same time so no one had an advantage due to it so you cant really use that as an excuse for being killed.

I was killed by enemy fighter, I only noticed that I am dead without warning.

You did get a warning, thats why it shows you going defensive to try and defeat the missiles on the track of the event when RIPTIDE's 120s go active on you.

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Sorry but great? After server pause......OMG what ws that?......I was killed by enemy fighter, I only noticed that I am dead without warning. So for me this was weird. Please let me know If you are going to pause server during fly, I will release my slot for anybody else.

11 miles shot at you, you simply didnt noticed Riptide, with or without pause, high chance to be dead, at this point.

Pause effected everybody for the 5-10sec. what it was I believe, and btw., Riptides missiles got launched after the pause, about 30-40 sec.....

And as Mav said, you go defensive around 2 miles away from the AIM-120`s where the travel with 1.416 kts TAS on you headon....

:huh:

You did get a warning, thats why it shows you going defensive to try and defeat the missiles on the track of the event when RIPTIDE's 120s go active on you. - No I didnt, I did that because rocketdog warned me that there is enemy who shoted him down, and he is somewhere real close to me so my plan was to turn back to WP3. Reason why I didnt noticed warning was maybe because that A120 was in position where my plane isnt able to capture missile "signal" or maybe I was in rush, who knows, I will analyze it with my doctor :D

You are right- the exact same time so no one had an advantage due to it so you cant really use that as an excuse for being killed - pause occured for everybody, but sorry it isnt normal behaviour on the events like this could be, especially when you are under stress when your teamate was under fire and he is screaming that there is enemy somewhere close to you.

Sorry but it is like when you are driving car, making hazardous moves on the road, because you would like to overrun somebody and in one second STOP.... :D :D and than again START :D :D Grab your steering wheel check your gear and try to recover to normal and so and so... you are in fact out of concentration.

You are right that I cant survive that for 99 percent, nobody is going to negate it, but for me this was unprofessional to pause server during event like this. As you all know maybe :D I fly lockon many years and I love events like GI and OPFOR and also everytime Im enjoying it and everytime I taking it really seriously and I was really surprised last time :lol:

• Like 1

Fox. For OPFOR disputes please be so kind as to supply your track to the moderator 104th_Ironmike over at the 104th forums. If there is some issue with RWR functionality with pauses or whatever then you can always troll NATE_IRL in the FC3/FC2.0 bug thread. Or my favourite, PM GGtharos directly and give out to him :D

Srsly though if you have a genuine query address it to Ironmike.

As for the pause: I know why it was paused. A key press across VNC from the moderator while he was answering questions in Server chat and TS duties caused him to hit the pause key that was mapped, while outside of the chat window.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to note though Fox, we (the 104th) are sorry that you had a bad experience during OPFOR mate... your right 100% the pause was bad news however it was a genuine accident... I hope we see you and your team again and this has not put you off!

Until next time my friend

S!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

It wasnt perfect event as I said, but of course It wasnt bad experience like last friday night after 9 havanna club rum sprint. I recovered from that and I will from this :D

Riptide thank you for advice, anyway...ehm....I know GGtharos and I cant create or to make communication with him, cause of my personal feelings, but that`s another story. ;)