Need some help over here.

Man 1.1 brought alot of improvments on game features but its very buggy in what concerns multiplayer.

All it takes, is the host to place a few AI ground or air units on the map and my PC goes to a crawl during loading times. When the message "awating for server" apears the HD activity gets frenetic, the bakground music goes nuts and then it resets.

Since now everybody is hosting more complete missions I get this 70% of my atempts to join. Just came from 169 server because I had 5 consecutive resets not counting those that ocurred in between when my system fails to even load windows the first time.

It starts to worry me if this somehow can damage my PC.

Is there a way to go around this?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Thanks Gaze, will do.

Yeah. Fix whatever's wrong with your computer.

Im not the only one having this, and the fact that the game in the current version is the only thing that does it, not even 1.02 did it.

It all sugests the problem is outside the hardware itself. Dont be tempted to dissmiss it just because you are tired of whiners.

My PC specs below:

Hi,

Automatic restarts are mainly due to any hardware malfunction (including CPU overheating sometimes), or to a faulty driver.

In the first case you should try to fix whatever hardware issues you might have with your machine. Most probable candidates are memory and VGA card. Try i.e. to extract one by one your memory modules (alternatively) to see if without anyone of them your machine runs fine.

For faulty drivers, you should first be sure that you have "Automatic Restart" option turned off. I can't remember right now how to deactivate it, but it's somewhere in Control Panel. With it turned off you should receive a BSOD (Blue screen) telling you what driver has caused the error. This should help fixing it.

Regards,

Asterix

Man 1.1 brought alot of improvments on game features but its very buggy in what concerns multiplayer.

All it takes, is the host to place a few AI ground or air units on the map and my PC goes to a crawl during loading times. When the message "awating for server" apears the HD activity gets frenetic, the bakground music goes nuts and then it resets.

Since now everybody is hosting more complete missions I get this 70% of my atempts to join. Just came from 169 server because I had 5 consecutive resets not counting those that ocurred in between when my system fails to even load windows the first time.

It starts to worry me if this somehow can damage my PC.

Is there a way to go around this?

Hi,

Automatic restarts are mainly due to any hardware malfunction (including CPU overheating sometimes), or to a faulty driver.

In the first case you should try to fix whatever hardware issues you might have with your machine. Most probable candidates are memory and VGA card. Try i.e. to extract one by one your memory modules (alternatively) to see if without anyone of them your machine runs fine.

For faulty drivers, you should first be sure that you have "Automatic Restart" option turned off. I can't remember right now how to deactivate it, but it's somewhere in Control Panel. With it turned off you should receive a BSOD (Blue screen) telling you what driver has caused the error. This should help fixing it.

Regards,

Asterix

My CPU is runing at 36ºc degrees idle and rarely exceeds 50ºC under full load.

My GPU runs smoothly 70ºC under load, as it always had.

I have A thermaltake silent tower, plus one 90mm fan at the front of the case and 2 more 80mm fans at the back.

The PC only resets at the "awaiting for server" moment and never in solo play. That alone excludes anything else but the game.

My PC specs below:

I get it at the waiting for server too , after all the loading has been done

memory reference blablabla cannot be read ....

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

My CPU is runing at 36ºc degrees idle and rarely exceeds 50ºC under full load.

My GPU runs smoothly 70ºC under load, as it always had.

I have A thermaltake silent tower, plus one 90mm fan at the front of the case and 2 more 80mm fans at the back.

The PC only resets at the "awaiting for server" moment and never in solo play. That alone excludes anything else but the game.

OK, your GPU is somewhat hot. This could be very well the cause, but I don't know. If you say that it has always run at that temperature, well... I still think it's a bit too hot.

Anyway, you can be sure that a game in XP CAN'T restart your system. At maximum it can crash and XP will show you the usual message about "this application has caused an error etc etc...", but it can't alone make your system reboot.

This only can be caused by, as posted before, as hardware issue or a faulty driver. It's for this I said you to disable the automatic system restart on crashes. This way ff it's a driver you'll get a BSOD with a message telling you what driver has caused the error along with a some cryptic message indicating the reason (something like "Invalid IRP call stack" or whatever...).

But if your system simply reboots inmediately without any BSOD then it's for sure a hardware-related issue. If it only appears with 1.1 is maybe because this pushes limits a little bit harder that 1.02 ;).

Regards,

Asterix

A quick glance at your task manager will reveal the panthers server grabbing as much as 1.6GB of pagefile in addition to the 800MB RAM to load the mission depending on what other background stuff you have running at the same time. The forced restarts are most likely do to a questionable RAM address that normally never gets used until now when your filling it up. These larger style "Big Box" missions are going to require "Big Box" Ram (2GB or more).

Side Note: To prevent memory leaks endeavor to match server settings for Scene files. The Panthers server is set to High most of the time. If your comp is set to Medium leaks can occur gobbling up precious memory space ;)

When all else fails, Eject then read the manual.

Oh, and a good wingman helps.

Anyway, you can be sure that a game in XP CAN'T restart your system. At maximum it can crash and XP will show you the usual message about "this application has caused an error etc etc...", but it can't alone make your system reboot.

And what kernal mode driver got installed with LO? ... I hate to say it ... StarForce :)

I dont think it coild be my drivers, I have changed them about 3 times, after a complete clean, that since FC came out, and it always did no mater the driver.

Made a major maintenance job on my PC now, changed swap file settings as well as Gazehounds advice. Ill try now.

Edit: Ok guys, apart from gaze hounds advice I have also increased the swapfile size to 2 GiG's as oposed to 1.5. I have always used this for LOMAC, and the fact windows never returned a message to me about the depleted systems resourses, I never suspected the swap file could be the problem.

Managed to enter S77, jabog 32 and 504 servers without a restart. Need to check on 169th server later when its more full.

Thx for the help guys.

My PC specs below:

Pilotasso, i was having the same problems as yourself after i upgraded my motherboard and CPU a few weeks back and had to loose one of my 512 RAM sticks, this was due to the nForce3 chipset limitations with dual/single channels (3x512 = single chan, 2x512=dual chan), got stuck with 1GB of RAM.......after receiving and installing my new Ballistix Tracer 2x1GB PC4000 however, all those issues just went away.......

Thx :) , I have sorted it out. It was the swap file. I have it at 2 Gigs now. Strange the OS never gave me a warning. It normaly should. Thats why I didnt think of it before.

Crashes have ceased to occur.

My PC specs below: