VAC Friendly Radio Mod

• 4 weeks later...
I've been using this mod for a few months and it works very well. Only issue I've come across is that many of the allied flight calls are not being heard, although the subtitle appears on-screen.

Easiest way I find to reproduce is to create a fast mission and when you start flying the allied flights/choppers etc. start calling in 'Ford 2-1, enemy armor detect at bullseye 352, 15 miles. This text appears but the radio call doesn't. Funnily enough the call 'Ford 2-1 is rtb at 1200' works fine.

Removing the ModMan patch brings all the audible radio calls that disappeared back.

Formski

Formski, as I'm updating the mod for DCS:W I'm also trying address any of the existing bugs. I haven't been able to reproduce yours however. If you're able to send me a mission where this clearly happens that might help. I've created a couple of missions myself and the AI units are making the radio calls correctly, along with subtitles.

Thanks!

Formski, as I'm updating the mod for DCS:W I'm also trying address any of the existing bugs. I haven't been able to reproduce yours however. If you're able to send me a mission where this clearly happens that might help. I've created a couple of missions myself and the AI units are making the radio calls correctly, along with subtitles.

Thanks!

Hi AJ,

Have responded to your PM about this issue.

Formski

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Formski,

Have just tested the first two missions of the Devil's Cross campaign and so far it's looking good. All of the allied flight reports played correctly and I didn't see any instances where a subtitle appeared but no voice message was played.

Will probably be another week or so before the mod is ready and I might just wait for FC3 and accompanying patch for DCS:W before I put out a new version of the mod.

Any particular unsupported installation procedure for DCS World A-10C 1.2.0.0 and up?

Can't wait for updated mod ;) Anywayz FC3 will be released this month, so I guess I will undust my VAC soon.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 4 weeks later...
shamandgg, the latest release of the mod is only compatible with DCS A-10C 1.1.1.1. I'm working on a DCS:W 1.2.0 compatible version as we speak. It's nearly ready but I want to do a little more testing this time around.

In the time you've been working on a version compatible with DCS World 1.2, they sneaked in v1.2.1 :p Have you tested at all with this version?

Definitely looking forward to this update. I use it on my standalone A-10C and love it.

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to a BS2 version of this.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 2 months later...

Would be sweet to have VAC friendly mod for DCS World =p

tail# 44 or 444

• 1 month later...
Wish I had the time to work on this some more :( Haven't even been able to fire up the sim for months. Hope someone else is able to pick the ball up and run with it for you guys!

Thats a great pity. Your mod is one of the best. I'll have to investigate it myself then, just looks very complicated though!

Regards,

Milli

• 1 year later...

I am using VAC all the time, I hope devs listen. Never used this mod though, I was always fine with default, but in game option to volume off own AI dialog or to speed voice up could be nice to see and try.

tail# 44 or 444