Radeon HD 7970 Inbound

I get very good frames with this setting in DCS World! FPS generally over 60.

I'm surprised you don't max everything out with that card. I'm sure it could handle it. Or have you gotten used to 60+ fps?

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised you don't max everything out with that card. I'm sure it could handle it. Or have you gotten used to 60+ fps?

I'm taking it in steps. I need to change one of the internal fans as the CPU now gets a bit hot. Just trying to keep a stable system but I will max it out as that is why I bought this OC version.

(HJ)

But water looks so nice in high settings :D I'm looking to add some of the features now as my frames is so good! I increased the power by 10 as i got the "GPU has reset" message a couple of times, noot seen after increasing power.

(HJ)

I use water on low also, it looks better then high IMHO. On high it looks nice but fake.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since I have posted, but I got a new setup and am pulling very good framerates with a single HD7970+i72600K at 4.8GHz. About 50-60FPS average at 2560x1600.

Settings:

Textures: High

Scenes: High

Civilian Traffic: High

Water: Low

Visibility: High (modded .lua per Kuky's thread)

Heat Blur: On

Shadows: High

Single Monitor

Resolution: 2560x1600

Cockpit Displays: 512

MSAA: 2x

HDR: Warm Colors

Clutter: 500M

Trees: 9964M

Preload: Max

VSYNCH: On

TSSAA: On

Mirrors: Off

However, what is most disappointing is that like with Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead--the OTHER game that I play a lot of--Crossfire performance is lacking. In my experience, in Kashauri Gap Multiplayer (with three ships):

1. Startup: AVG 57FPS with Single HD7970, 30FPS with Crossfired HD7970s

2. Taxi and Takeoff: AVG 43.5FPS with Single HD7970, 28FPS with Crossfired HD7970s

3. Flight to Fence In: AVG 57FPS with Single HD7970, 33FPS with Crossfired HD7970s

4. Fence In to Fence Out: AVG 54FPS with Single HD7970, 31FPS with Crossfired HD7970s

Performance was immediately and noticably better with a single card, so my recommendation is certainly to avoid the expense unless you have titles that have benchmarked very well with a Crossfire setup.

Any other 7970 owners experiencing buildings and objects flickering black before you fly past them?

Also with warm hdr turned on there is some black flickering in the cockpit where the sun light is supposed to be?

I have the black flickering in the sky but can't say I have seen any black buildings.

I dropped a couple of CBU 87's tonight and the sim completly frezes for 10 seconds if watching the impact in TGP or visualy. In MP that was.

(HJ)

I saw occasional black dots flicker in the sky but not on the buildings

EDIT: maybe I should add that I don't notice any more flickers like this in DCS World 1.2.0

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...