CD Drive no Longer working

609_Recon

Ever since I installed Lomac my CD RW drive isn't able to burn cd's.

How do I fix this?

Hi,

Maybe it's some sort of incompatibility with StarForce drivers. You should check Starforce site for help on this. Sometimes it's just a matter of reinstalling the burner software, IIRC.

Regards,

Asterix

Hi,

Maybe it's some sort of incompatibility with StarForce drivers. You should check Starforce site for help on this. Sometimes it's just a matter of reinstalling the burner software, IIRC.

Regards,

Asterix

I had this problem with my older PC......

I just pulled out the optical drive and replaced it with a new one......

I used an OMI so I had to search for an installer which took a really long time...

I found one called Back Pack which did the trick, you can Google this for the down load if you need it......

But you might want to try and install some new burner software first, but dont forget to uninstall the old stuff first.....

I had a Nero CD lying around from when I built my last system which works super !!!!!

Good luck

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

i read somewhere once about a clash with nero and starforce/lockon 1.1 now i cant remember if it was lockon or starforce that was the cause but there was a fix for it somewhere in these forums, use the search function as it was ages ago i read about it..

Yup, mine refuses to burn CD's as well, and neither my DVDR or CDRW can rip stutter-free MP3's now. Luckily I have a laptop for these things. Does Starforce suck, or does it suck?

no starforce works perfectly without any issues so it must all be in your imagination. oh. you meant something else stopped working? that's just purely coincidence and has nothing to do with starforce at all.

;)