superserb

...WONDERFUL....:D

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Is it possible to change that model so we can have a better-looking F-15C model? The old flyable models should really be improved before we jump into new AI/flyable aircraft. Btw...that's a very nice looking model, hope someone could finish it up.

Nope. If there was there would be new models EVERYWHERE. That Foxbat and that Foxhound definately needs a build-up. Along with just about every other plane in the game.

I'll get the hacksaw as long as you keep watch. :p :D

My ESP is telling me you are thinking of the Lock-on tutor/trainer function. Great. :D

Pitty they didn't keep the LAN version in. :(

How did you guess? ;)

Yes, it's what I'm thinking of . . . . but I don't know if it'll ever be brought back in. The word is that they outright binned the entire LAN code - so any new dual-control code would have to be written from scratch. Still, they did it once, and I'm hoping that one day they'll do it again. We may not be able to use an F15D model any time soon, but if we have one standing by . . . . grin.

Nope. If there was there would be new models EVERYWHERE. That Foxbat and that Foxhound definately needs a build-up. Along with just about every other plane in the game.

Erm . . . . it should be possible to create a new, animated, damagable, textured F15C model from scratch, though, right?

The only problem would be that it isn't on ED's wishlist, so I'd imagine they'd expect you to do all the work.

Anyway, to clarify . . . . we can create models, we can animate them, and we can create damaged versions. BUT we can't convert them into a format that we can use in-game. Only ED can do that (proprietary plugins), and their time is limited.

Wonderfull F-15E model you have there suberseb. Excellent work :)

I wonder what happened to Mirage, Jaguar and Predator models, that were also made?

The Mirage F1 is still on track according to knellknell, the man behind the project. You can read his latest update here:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=105873#post105873

Regarding the Jaguar, nothing has been heard about that project since those screenshots were shown end of 2004. I guess the project is death. I am aware that those screenshots were not ingame screens, but model renders layed over Lock On screenshots. Still the model was looking very good and was real and I had the impression then that it was built with the usage in Lock On in mind. I guess I was wrong.

I guess the same applies to the nice AV-8B model of wich a rendered movie over Lock On footage was floating around.

I am glad to say to you all, that I am send the model to man who already work on F-14D (gys71),wich will be very helpful to him to build that fantastic swing-wing bird. I hope soon (or later) he will finish him !

Besides, nothing is more important then our final enjoyment!

Best wishes to all from SUPERSERB!!!

:beer:

Don't ingore my question.

Post a Wire and a unsmoothed clay plz.

THX

Hmm, don't get me wrong, the F-15E looks great, but it could use some improvement. Just a little tweaking - it seems to be missing something right now that says it's an F-15. For example, the profile of the whole forward fuselage is not accurate - the shape is not quite straight, but more "bumpy". I had some real good 1/72 scale drawings of the F-15E, but I'm in university residence right now, so I can't possibly help you.

sigzk5.jpg