Clickable ejection handles

92nd-MajorBug

Nice idea but only with security like 3 second or 3 rapid click for avoid clicking by error...

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

If I need to eject to save my tail I would much prefer the easy target of a keyboard key. However, as long as the keyboard function remains and the eject handle requires more than a single click then I certainly would not object.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Exactly what I meant with "several times", but you stated it more precisely ;)

Just holding it for a second or more would be enough for security (e.g. like weapons release is done now). Doesn't it work like that in real life, anyway?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Doesn't it work like that in real life, anyway?

Like "something went FUBAR, and you're using the last resort to save your butt and you're well aware that it can kill/cripple you...it's likely that you're using it at the last possible moment and your survival depends on every second......sooo, let's wait 5 seconds because of a 'my airforce lets dumb people fly' precaution"?

My wild uneducated quess would be no...it doesn't work like that in real life. ;)

Edited by winz

Doesn't it work like that in real life, anyway?

The ejection handle or the initiation of the ejection sequence?

No delay whatsoever. You pull the handle an you will be out of the jet in less than two seconds.

Edit

.20 out of the jet

1.8 sec 300 feet away from the jet separating from the seat

>5 sec floating on your chute

(depending on you speed, altitude, ect)

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Better to have USB Ejection Handle(s). You could mod those USB online penis/vagina thingies. Three rapid strokes and... Just mind what you stroke... Could be less then three, if you spend too much time online...

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

I assume it's a lot harder to actually pull the real thing by mistake, than to click the virtual thing by mistake, especially since the handles are near the maximum angle of view and the trackir tends to get a bit wild there

Hence the need for some kind of misclick security, like clicking 3 times, pretty much like the ctrl+e e e command works right now ;)

92nd Kodiak Air Force - May the Greuh be with you

I assume it's a lot harder to actually pull the real thing by mistake, than to click the virtual thing by mistake, especially since the handles are near the maximum angle of view and the trackir tends to get a bit wild there

And that the handles are much easier/quicker reached in real life than in the sim.. :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I changed eject button to Tab. Easy fo find and easy to hit three times...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, turning on the-- OH CRAP

Whats more funny (or sad) is when someone assigns eject to their HOTAS. We had one guy who accidentally ejected, right as we were making the final leg towards Baghdad in the middle of a 3 hour mission.

DON'T PUT EJECT OR LANDING GEAR ON YOUR HOTAS.

I learned the hard way about landing gear myself. I had it deeply buried ("I'll never touch that by mistake!") on my X52 profile for Falcon 4. Well, in the middle of an intense combat mission, behind enemy lines, a connector came loose from my X52 and activated every button in my profile. The landing gear on my F-16 came down at 500 knots wrecking the gear, and it almost got me killed in the mission (because the stuck-down landing gear makes you fly very slow).

The real pilots have to take their hands off the stick for those actions, for good reason, and so should you :D

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.