Rfactor 2

DarkSoul

No problem DarkEagle. i haven't seen an option for lifetime license. In case you missed it though, you get a lifetime license for single player and 18 months for MP if you pre-purchase. It is only MP that you would pay for again. An interesting pricing model for sure.

For real.. Pay extra for multiplayer!?

Guys...

Multiplayer IS included. 18 months if you purchase during the beta, and 12 months if you purchase at the time of release.

Then I believe it's $12(US) a year after, which is a $1 a month. For those that use iRacing, this is mearly a drop in the buck if you consider paying for tracks, cars, etc. Add to the fact that if iRacing goes underwater, so does your ability to use it any more.

Like it or hate it, the $12 fee after the first year is mearly to offset the costs of progressing the game further down the line after release. From what has been said, the initial release will not be it, they have plans to further push more updates and features down the line as time progresses, not just bug fixes.

Guys...

Multiplayer IS included. 18 months if you purchase during the beta, and 12 months if you purchase at the time of release.

Then I believe it's $12(US) a year after, which is a $1 a month. For those that use iRacing, this is mearly a drop in the buck if you consider paying for tracks, cars, etc. Add to the fact that if iRacing goes underwater, so does your ability to use it any more.

Like it or hate it, the $12 fee after the first year is mearly to offset the costs of progressing the game further down the line after release. From what has been said, the initial release will not be it, they have plans to further push more updates and features down the line as time progresses, not just bug fixes.

Then go the DLC way.. I much prefer getting a first big purchase.

There is also the option of paying $80+ upfront and getting life time multiplayer.

I like the beta so far. It has a really good feel. Racing the old F1 cars in the 60's Spa circuit is fun.

It is only beta, but what I don't like is the lack of forcefeed back tweaking, the jagged shadows (like DCS before it was fixed). Finally, while the graphics were improved, they are not spectacular. My favorite sim is GTR2 with a F1 mod and rFactor graphics aint much better. I am looking more forward to GTR3. Still, I am happy with rFactor2 as I know it will improve and there will be many free mods for it.