iControl DCS - iPad Virtual Cockpit

boarder2

The app does not work under IOS10 it says. Will there be an update so it does in the near future?

I don't think there's anything that should prevent it from running under iOS 10. Can you open a ticket by clicking on the Support icon at https://bit-shift.com and attach a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, the second screen has to be on the right side. But is there a way to set it on the left side? I have my second screen on the left side and every time that I using this app in the game I have to switch from left to right in Screen-properties.

Your left screen can still be arranged on the left as long as you make it the primary monitor in Windows, that's the key part.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I got this setup working for the a10c but if I switch to the huey the UI all messed up.

The red box that show your controls is much bigger and the crew screen on my other monitor really big as well.

I don't understand why its changing anything to do with another module?

Thanks for any help.

I got this setup working for the a10c but if I switch to the huey the UI all messed up.

The red box that show your controls is much bigger and the crew screen on my other monitor really big as well.

I don't understand why its changing anything to do with another module?

Thanks for any help.

Can you open a support ticket by going to https://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html and filling out the form in the bottom left corner of the screen?

I don't see the behavior you're talking about when using the UH-1H module myself. If you could attach screenshots of what you're seeing that would be helpful as well. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Cannot get it to work with 2.5. I am using the android version. Works on my 1.5 version.

ALienware aurora R7, Windows 10 home 64 bit, i7-8700, RTX2080ti, 32 GB Ram, 2TB SATA hard drive, 250 GB M2 SSD, 500GB SATA SSD, Warthog Hotas, Thrustmaster tpr pedals, jet seat, BenQ SW2500PT, Oculus rift S

Cannot get it to work with 2.5. I am using the android version. Works on my 1.5 version.

Beta versions are technically not supported.

However, if you change the Save Game and DCS:W directory to the ones for the beta install it'll probably work.

• 1 month later...

Ive owned your icontrol for sometime now. Ive just got back into setting up and playing dcs...i only play with one monitor and i know that mfds gotta stay on the screen unless you have a second monitor.

My question is, could i just use another ipad and run duet for a extended desktop and put the screens on that to get them off my main screen? Thanks for help...

Also, if theres another way i could do it, i have an extra ipad and a droid tablet

Edited by Dave73

Ive owned your icontrol for sometime now. Ive just got back into setting up and playing dcs...i only play with one monitor and i know that mfds gotta stay on the screen unless you have a second monitor.

My question is, could i just use another ipad and run duet for a extended desktop and put the screens on that to get them off my main screen? Thanks for help...

Also, if theres another way i could do it, i have an extra ipad and a droid tablet

I know Duet won't let the tablet be the primary display, but if it's just attached as a second one it very well may work. Just make sure it's a secondary display and arranged to the right of the primary display in Windows. Then run the server setup again and move the MFCDs to the secondary display, save and re-run the script installer.

Let us know how it works!

Well got it to go...works great!!! Maybe this can be another out for those that use only one monitor...thanks for a great program and look forward to anything you build in the future!!!

Awesome! What solution did you go with? Duet on a second ipad?

Yes sir! I took my old ipad and threw them on that, i have your app on my air2 and i close the lid on the old ipad and out of sight out of mind...

Nice thing is duet doesnt use much resources but, being im only useing it for those two screens i can turn down all the options in duet so it really doesnt use anything!!!

Thanks again!!!

Yes sir! I took my old ipad and threw them on that, i have your app on my air2 and i close the lid on the old ipad and out of sight out of mind...

Nice thing is duet doesnt use much resources but, being im only useing it for those two screens i can turn down all the options in duet so it really doesnt use anything!!!

Thanks again!!!

Awesome, enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Well i got to thinking..moving to the next step...if i purchased a couple cheap android tablets could i purchase the andriod app and make a designated screen on each tablet? Also would this have bad lag due to so many apps running? My ipad icontrol have no lag to pc...i flip a switch and its simultaneous...is the android version like this or slower? Thanks

Well i got to thinking..moving to the next step...if i purchased a couple cheap android tablets could i purchase the andriod app and make a designated screen on each tablet? Also would this have bad lag due to so many apps running? My ipad icontrol have no lag to pc...i flip a switch and its simultaneous...is the android version like this or slower? Thanks

There will be a slight amount of overhead with every additional device you connect to the server but I've used 3 devices at a time without issue. Really the only major problem you might run into would be running out of bandwidth on your wifi network if you have repeated exported displays (MFCD, CDU) across all the devices. If you just have left MFCD on one, right MFCD on another and CDU on another, that should perform pretty well!

Awesome..thats what i was thinking of doing...one tablet for a mfd another for the other mfd and one for the cdu...i saw there is some other programs that other people are useing for touchscreen monitor but i dont understand all that scripting stuff... Also do you have any plans on making the gauges for the aircraft?

Awesome..thats what i was thinking of doing...one tablet for a mfd another for the other mfd and one for the cdu...i saw there is some other programs that other people are useing for touchscreen monitor but i dont understand all that scripting stuff... Also do you have any plans on making the gauges for the aircraft?

No plans on gauges at this time!

• 6 months later...

Installed the lite version to test first before i pay up, took me a while before i got it to work due to connection problems. Somehow Windows didn't save the first time i added port 22268 to the Firewall settings which took me on a hugh detour to find out what was wrong. Adding TCP port 22268 a second time finally did it.

2 questions:

- In the light version i only have the UFC, some buttons and switches and a lone radio. No MFD's. I guess MFD's are only available in the payed version?

- When the 2MFD's are added to the PC screen, performance takes a hugh dive from 126 FPS down to a steady 49. Is this normal?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 2 weeks later...

- When the 2MFD's are added to the PC screen, performance takes a hugh dive from 126 FPS down to a steady 49. Is this normal?

i'd presume it would be due to rendering your MFCD's multiple times rather than only once

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek x45 Hotas

Canadian!

Can this be checked/set somewhere?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!