Maple Flag Missions

Greetings,

We provide flight sim enthusiasts with the most realistic, exciting and entertaining combat simulator missions available.

We invite you to browse through our website and review the different missions and campaigns custom built for your favorite DCS aircraft or vehicle.

We provide a mix of payware and free missions and campaigns. You can download the free mission files from the DCS User Files section.

If you have a suggestion for a mission or campaign you would like to see please contact us @ mapleflagmissions@gmail.com.

Our current Campaigns available from the ED Store:

A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification

A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification

F-5E Basic Fighter Maneuvers

For 2017 our roadmap includes the following:

1. Release the F-5E Air Combat Maneuvering Campaign

2. Release the A-10C Tactical Training Qualification Campaign

3. Release the F-15C Basic Flight Training Qualification Campaign

Plus a few others that we can't advertise yet.

Your feedback is much appreciated and helps to make our campaigns and missions better and better.

We want to thank all our current customers and supporters and look forward to continuing to serve this great community.

All the best to you and yours for the coming year.

Edited by Sabre-TLA
Updated Road Map
  • Like 1

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Maybe a good idea to give a sample at least so we know approximately what were paying for...

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Short track/tracks is a good idea.

How much are the pay to play missions ? one price or will they vary ?

How often will they be updated to allow future DCS add-ons and game updates either by DCS or other people ?

Please understand I wish you well with this venture but these missions will have to be some of the best ever made for the games, but in this present economic climate people maybe slow to pay for missions.

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Short track/tracks is a good idea.

How much are the pay to play missions ? one price or will they vary ?

How often will they be updated to allow future DCS add-ons and game updates either by DCS or other people ?

Please understand I wish you well with this venture but these missions will have to be some of the best ever made for the games, but in this present economic climate people maybe slow to pay for missions.

Sabres work for the DCS A-10C trainning missions are quite immersive and remind me of the sort of missions FighterOps is supposed to have.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

How will you prevent someone from recording the mission as a play through and postin it in YouTube?

I too wish you well but am curious how this can work

Third-party pay ware had a tough history among combat flight sims so here's looking forward to a superior product ! :)

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I can't stop people from posting videos of the missions but the mission file does contain a restricted use license like any purchased 3rd party software does.

Our missions are well researched and we strive for attention to detail, accuracy and immersion so hopefully that will set us apart.

For pricing I'm starting at $0.99 USD per mission (ala the Itunes and similar music download models). Campaigns will cost more and pricing will be based on the number of missions and work / complexity to create them.

We are committed to ensuring the missions are playable through updates and patches to the underlying games. Once a mission key is purchased you will not have to purchase another one for any mission updates.

thanks for the great product. I think if they help us learn this great sim its a good investment. The in-built training only goes so far, and not at all in BS2!

I prefer short vids, as tracks dont replay well on my setup, and it would be a shame people get the wrong impression due to track replay error.

I'd only suggest on your website to clearly state that your install keys/license are not delivered instantly.

• Like 1

I'm please to announce the launch of Maple Flag Missions http://mapleflagmissions.ca

This is a new company dedicated to making custom missions for popular combat flight simulators.

We have a few missions for our launch and many others on the drawing board.

The attention to detail and entertainment value we hope will distinguish us from other mission designers.

Please send all questions or comments to mapleflagmissions@gmail.com

We look forward to serving you with many challenging and enjoyable missions.

edited:

I disagree with this concept

Edited by Tyger
  • Like 1

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

edited:

I disagree with this concept

Its acceptable in the EULA as long as an agreement is made with ED regarding it.

Its still a pretty grey area. There are plenty of examples out there where the playerbase uses the tools provided by the developer to create new content. However the easier it is to make the content, the more unlikely it is to require payment for said content. Even then I can't think of many examples where player content needs to be purchased for other players to access it. Team Fortress 2 sorta fits that model, but all content doesn't require payment for access. I personally feel that DCS/FC2 is closer to LittleBigPlanet, in that creating new missions with the tools provided is pretty straight forward, you can still do complex stuff with it, the distribution of the content is simple, and that building/sharing missions is a fundamental part of the game.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Its acceptable in the EULA as long as an agreement is made with ED regarding it.

Interesting.

ED? have you? because if you have and you deem it acceptable, then maybe although those fine missions out there already that are extremely proffessional that have been given to the community via the DCS Files area, that i find hard to believe can be made 'more' proffesional or commercial than they already are, should be costed and royalties distriubuted accordingly.

This is the single most obnoxious and outrageous idea i have ever seen on ED Forums, and my god we see a lot. Payment for 'high quality' training videos firstly and now missions?

Is the wordwide econmoinc downturn that bad that every single aspect or potential to make a buck from someone else has to be exploited?

I know what would happen to these people in 'Tygerland'. It would involve a field and high fence and some firepower! Kenny Everett style.

Thats it, i`m outa here!

Edited by Tyger

Main Banner.PNG

I just paid the 4,99 USD (= 3,98 €) for the complete BFT 12-mission-campaign.

Of course I would prefer the campaign to be free, but if my money helps making further development possible, I am gladly willing to pay a few bucks. In my country, you pay 2-3 times the amount of money to watch a movie in a cinema.

Just look at this thread. Sabre and his team started work on these missions in the end of 2010 and kept updating them until now. For this dedication and the fun I already had with these great missions I personally see no problem at all with supporting them.

• Like 1

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Has overtones of the outcries when BS2 was released..

I have no problem paying for good quality content for my sim that I paid for, along with all my hardware, sticks and screens. Now if people are happy to create it out of love, enjoyment and prestige that is great! I certainly do that myself. There is no-one forcing me or anyone to purchase these missions, at the price of a cup of coffee. Its yet another option available.

hm... I just had a bit of thought about this, I see no harm if someone wants to make missions and sell them, users are still free to chose if they like to get those missions or not and if not people still have oportunities to make their own for free or use other's that are for free also.

I can see though that this might start a trend where others who have been making missions for free now wish to follow and start charging for their missions also. Little touchly subject I think.

No longer active in DCS...

I just paid the 4,99 USD (= 3,98 €) for the complete BFT 12-mission-campaign.

Of course I would prefer the campaign to be free, but if my money helps making further development possible, I am gladly willing to pay a few bucks. In my country, you pay 2-3 times the amount of money to watch a movie in a cinema.

Just look at this thread. Sabre and his team started work on these missions in the end of 2010 and kept updating them until now. For this dedication and the fun I already had with these great missions I personally see no problem at all with supporting them.

And these missions differ to the versions distributed by ED at the file area how exactly?

In fact, thats irrelevant, and i`m not inciting argument here, so forgive the terseness, but come on! selling missions? where will it end? It shouldn't be allowed, simple. If you bought them, more fool you. And as a tester, you need to learn how to fly the aircraft (BFT missions) ?????

Hell, pop on our server anytime, i`ll run you through your paces for free!

Edited by Tyger
  • Like 1

Main Banner.PNG

And as a tester, you need to learn how to fly the aircraft (BFT missions) ?????

Hell, pop on our server anytime, i`ll run you through your paces for free!

Thanks for your offer, Tyger.

Believe it or not - even as member of the vJaBoG32 squadron, knowing the ins and outs of the sim - I have fun playing these missions or watch some of my friends trying their luck :megalol:

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

In answer to some of the questions, yes we do have a publishing license with ED and they get a portion of the revenues.

As one of the earlier posters said, it is your choice to purchase or not. Like a good book some will get read others ignored.

Not all hard work should be free. It should be the authors choice which we have decided to do here.