Maple Flag Missions

Indeed. Perhaps a viable option would be to tie in a paypal or similar service account to missions and files uploaded to the ED file server. Those who value the work could make a donation that is split between ED and the content creator. The missions would still be free to download and play, but at least it offers the author something better than "rep" on the forums.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

After watching this post I've decided I agree with Tyger and a couple of other posters, paying for missions / possible campaigns in the future to me is just wrong, (maybe if all the money went to ED for future products I might think about it)

No doubt some people will decide to pay but if I want a "superb" mission I'll take a week or even a month making my own, as I have done since the Lockon / FC / FC1 day's.

I know what I like to see in missions, be it a quick 10 minute mission or a campaign that lasts a week or more. I've just spent 2 weeks researching details for a single mission from Tblisi, finding online photo's and other info about the surrounding area including as much flight info data as I can find but I'm sure it will be at least another week or so before the mission is complete.

Good luck in your venture but I will not be taking up your offer.

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

All photographs and images have been sent to me via e mail from the respective owner's, IE: Tblisi Airport / TAV Georgia and of course the local Tourist office, it's amazing what you can get if you ask properly. I have links to photo's and other info that I won't use but it was kind of them to e mail all the info and then some.

EDIT: They are also sending me local info etc via snail mail which I must admit I'm looking forward too.

Edited by BrumTx

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

• 2 weeks later...

IMO ED should hire Sabre to make missions after testing his BFT missions when he first made them they are quite good. :thumbup:

I'm going to download the BFT campaign today for the A-10C and when completed I'll be getting the FC2 ones. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I got a bit carried away and bought all of them but its ok I have a few spare pennies with the exception of the fact I do not have BS2 yet just BS1.:doh: So now I'll have to frekin buy that next week no worries. The minute I get the missions going though I'll make a video so everyone can get an idea of whats involved in these missions.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

The minute I get the missions going though I'll make a video so everyone can get an idea of whats involved in these missions.:thumbup:

Good idea. One of the amazingly frustrating things of these missions is you forget one little switch, or make a small mistake after 10minutes (or more) of startup and its over.. It would be nice to see a complete successful flight of each mission, would certainly save some headaches. I'm bloody awesome at startups now, not so awesome at shutdowns as I rarely get that far :)

I found the First kill mission to be a history lesson about Israeli Air Force F-15s vs migs based on their first combat mission. The immersion is not as good as the BFT missions for DCS A-10C what it needs is a bit more added in that area. For a good payware mission or campaign you want immersion added to as high a level as possible maybe even going as far as having wingmen with personalitys, missions based fully on real combat missions including the sort of stuff in DCS A-10C BFT missions eg the formation mission. Scripted RESCAP so in the event of a downed wingman the flight remains until the rescue helicopter and other air assets arrive. Scripted emergency landings such as declaring an emergency and then having fire trucks responding on the runway. etc You have scripts and triggers to play with so all of that is a possibilty.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
For those interested this video might be of help at 6mins.:thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8QEV8do83E&feature=relmfu

What a cool dogfight.

That's not a dogfight! It's a massacre :D

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sounds good, keep up the good work.

Can't wait on the next A10C Tactical Training Qualification.

Can you explain the topics it covers?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]- I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

Impressive list.

I'm really curious about the "Airborne Forward Air Controller (AFAC) Tactical Stage:" and the "Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) Tactical Stage:"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]- I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, roadmap looks good :thumbup:

Tactical A-10C & Huey stuff form me

I had enjoyed your AdvancedATQ for A-10

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Great news! These missions are top notch. Can't wait to try the WWII qualifications campaigns.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...

We do intend to complete the following in 2014:

1. Complete the A-10C Tactical Training Qualification Campaign (which covers all typical combat operation tasks, CAS, BAI, AFAC and CSAR).

2. Complete both UH-1H and Ka-50 Basic Flight Training Qualification Campaigns (based on the actual UH-1H Qualification program).

3. Start a new A-10C Combat Operations Campaign (based on a fictional invasion of ABKHAZIA but simulating actual missions flown during the 1991 Gulf War, Bosnia and recent Iraq / Afghanistan conflicts).

We have decided to delay the P-51 Basic Flight Training Qualification Campaign until DCS WWII is available so the training can be done in an historical context. We have secured some 1940's vintage training videos containing check ride information so we will make the missions as historically accurate as possible.

Your feedback is much appreciated and helps to make our campaigns and missions better and better.

If you have any ideas for future campaigns or missions please let us know.

Hi Sabre-TLA. I picked up the A10C Basic Flight Training Qualification and am really enjoying it so far. It is a far step above the DCS training missions and has helped me understand the aircraft and systems extremely well. I was just wondering if you still feel that you will meet this schedule as I am looking forward to what you have available for the UH1H and the Ka50. Thanks for putting together such a high level of detail on the A10 I'm sure I will be picking up the rest of the A10 missions and the uh1h and ka50 as their packs become available.