DCS: P-51D Mustang Coming in 2012

Wags

I'm sure there will be a follow on at some point :)

@GGTharos...it would be very easy to impliment into our Ladder Competition's...and if DCS does add other planes of that era to include into their vision..the more the better..but yea for now it could be P-51D vs P-51D until they add the FW-109 :thumbup:

I am very Looking forward to the P-51D..more than anything..I am excited..:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! - lets talk again when it's released in the upcoming thread: "Why the motor just keeps exploding ?!"

Haha! I can see the threads now - "Plane veers to left violently and ground loops on takeoff...HELP!!! :helpsmilie:"

:megalol:

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Haha! I can see the threads now - "Plane veers to left violently and ground loops on takeoff...HELP!!! :helpsmilie:"

:megalol:

:D

I can also see a few people not wanting to accept that their IL-2 habits are N/A. "But in IL-2 ... ..." :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

My question was rhetorical :) My point is there is a market for High Fidelity WW2 birds in a modern environment.

Nate

Sure there is. I bet ED will sell at least few copies, but it would be nice to have an environment that actually makes sense.

How someone can´t love this ?

These are my favorites: to your ears :music_whistling:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Will there be a possibility to pop the canopy and then jump out? Will this be a matter of hitting ctrl+e three times or will we have to first pop the canopy with a dedicated switch and then do something additional to actually jump out? Would be cool if the latter, and also it would be cool if you made buttons to "stand up", and "jump out", as well as "sit down" after having stood up, so ejecting is a lot harder than in say the Ka-50.

So if I want to bail out, I pull the canopy ejection handle, press ctrl+e to crouch on the seat, losing control of the airplace naturally, shift+e to sit back down, or ctrl+e to continue jumping out. Also, another ctrl+e while falling would pull the parachute cord and deploy the parachute. This would put some real immersion into bailing out, which I personally think would be appropriately realistic, seeing as how bailing out back then was a fairly big deal compared to today.

Cheers, looking forward to flying this thing with a real FM, not the boring and well aged Il-2.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

I just dont get all the ugly flack. We have a chance to fly a warbird that will be in a sim like DCS that is unmatched by none, the high quality and fidelity that DCS produces. Online if you dont like it on your server then dont. I bought MSF sim just to fly the Warbirds. I have done all those sims CF1,CFS2, European Air War, Janes, Il2, CLOD,Screamon Deamons and the whole line of DCS. Now I get a chance to fly a warbird in DCS. WOW.

O yea Now I get it, it was not a Mig, Yak or the precious 190.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sure there is. I bet ED will sell at least few copies, but it would be nice to have an environment that actually makes sense.

The environment makes as much sense as you want it to make. This is once again a matter of mission design.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The environment makes as much sense as you want it to make. This is once again a matter of mission design.

Come on. I understand why ED want to expand their product base, but what you're trying to say doesn't make sense, at least with Black Sea and Nevada maps. How many WW2 units we will have to make a mission?

Wrong.[/Quote]

You're wrong.

DCS is a lot more than just a modern air combat sim.[/Quote]

You're wrong again. But with enough reprogramming, it could be used for the engine management system in a Honda.

Fuse fizzled out. :D

Yes, you did fizzle out, so actually, you were right for once.

:doh: all the info to counter most of this argument is in the announcement. It's funny how you as with such certainty what Ed should and shouldn't do without knowing 0.0000001% of any info to make such a claim.

Sorry but the reasons given in the announcement seem like an ill attempt to justify this course of action.

1. DCS Mustang will feature the same level of model fidelity and dynamics created for previous DCS titles. Combined with full combat capability, we believe it will offer a new and unique warbird experience to the flight sim community.

There are already WW2 flight sims that do what they do very well. I don't see how they think this will be a "new and unique warbird experience".

2. As a powerful, single-engine, propeller-driven combat aircraft, the Mustang will provide entirely new and different challenges and gameplay variations to the DCS player.

We decided to take our simulation of reality and turn it into a new alternate universe where you will be challenged to wrap your mind around A-10Cs dogfighting with P-51 Mustangs.

3. We are always working to improve and expand the technological base of our simulation software. Having already developed high fidelity helicopter and subsonic jet models, DCS Mustang represents a new milestone in our capabilities and further demonstrates the power and flexibility of our core software engine.

Look, we're trying to justify this engine to the military and needed to show its versatility, so we decided to use you all as our guinea pigs and make a few bucks at the same time cause you lot will buy anything.

4. We are, after all, aviation enthusiasts. Representing the largest collection of World War 2 era aircraft in Europe, including a fully restored and flying P-51, it’s an honor for ED/TFC to pay tribute to one of the most legendary aircraft in history and the men that flew it into combat.

Basically, we are going to do whatever the heck we please so just put up with some self-serving projects even it they don't really fit right.

KA, BOOOOOOM!!!

Oh, you just babble on, sir. The world will be moving right on by you. :D

You're wrong.

You're wrong again. But with enough reprogramming, it could be used for the engine management system in a Honda.

Yes, you did fizzle out, so actually, you were right for once.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Your bleak outlook is your own problem, this forum isn't the place for it.

For sure dude. The world is moving in such a good direction right now, pardon me if I don't follow it off a cliff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You've shown your outlook through your posts. You're not challenging anything, you're just bent on gushing vitriol.

You've said your piece, no one censored it.

You know nothing about my outlook, and you don't want me here because I challenge your thinking.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]