Default commands

mikethemadmonk

I had that problem once... thought there was something wrong with my joystick but turns out I didn't press it right :) But it's weird that K doesn't work. Do you press K long aswell? See if it's bound in the game.

You'll learn them over time :)

My DCS stream

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Past broadcasts, Highlights

Currently too much to do... But watch and (maybe) learn something :)

If you'd like a list of the keys, default and custom, open DCS and goto Options > Controls > click MAKE TXT. This will create a set of text files showing all controls. It should automatically open the folder containing the new text files, but in case it doesn't the path is X:\Users\NAME\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\InputLayoutsTxt

If you'd like a reference for the HOTAS functions, I've created a reference card that makes it easy. My example is for the X52 Pro, but there's a spreadsheet included so you alter it to your customizations or stick.

HOTAS Functions Reference

If a key on your keyboard isn't working as it should, check to make sure it's not hooked by another application (i.e. set to key for 'calibrate' in TrackIR). I've had this happen to me when I set a custom key combination for a Windows shortcut and it happened to coincide with a DCS combo.

If you'd like to shut down all non-essential applications and services when you fly DCS, try GameBooster. All that it does is end process on known memory hog apps (e.g. Windows Print Spooler) while in Game Mode. After you're done flying, just click 'Normal Mode' to stop GameBooster.. and everything goes back to normal. Very simple but effective app.

GameBooster

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Is there a setting for the default commands for the Hotas warthog? I cannot get the coolie hat, right long, or K (keyboard ) to make soi, work.

How does any one remember all the joystick and throttle commands? No, I'm definately too old!:cry:

make sure nothing is sending keystrokes that is saturating the game.

start up a key event monitor like the one in target script etc..

If you have the option to map DX buttons that is certainly the best choice to stop this sort of problem.

cheers

The "Make TXT" feature is intended to 'output' all of your controls to a text file, giving you a list of the key bindings currently set up in your installation.

In your case for example; open the file A-10C_keyboard_default.txt and search for the letter K. Then open A-10C_keyboard_keyboard.txt and search for the letter K. You can see what the default binding is for K, and also what your personal setting is for the letter K. The files from "Make TXT" are only a convenient way to display keys used, they do not provide input for new key bindings.

New key bindings procedure:

- Click Options > Controls

- Popdown Aircraft and choose "A-10C Sim"

- For Catagory, either leave "All" selected, or select the Catagory where the key you'd like to change resides. In this case we can assume it's "HOTAS"

- Doubleclick on any binding to edit that binding, in the keyboard, stick, or mouse columns

- Press the key or function you would like to assign to that binding action

- Click OK

You can find more information in the manual installed in your programs files called "DCS A-10C GUI Manual" on page 17.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Thanks again StrongHarm, yes, was barking up the wrong tree, thought they were replacement profiles that you could just insert. Now, if I used Target, could I replace the profile, from the stored Txt files? Just out of curiosity.

The txt files are just to look at. You can not use them or import them into the sim in any way.

If you use Target, you will need to remap everything as your Stick and Throttle will become a single controller with its own configuration.

Note: The default lua file that it will want to use does not work correctly either so you will need to modify that as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: