Server Lags and pings increase

Alvarez

Ive been runnin FC2 (and occasionally DCS) server for more than one year. Now its almost unusable because terrifying lags and ping increase.

Net connection is cable 120/10Mbs. There is a cable modem, then router and than different PCs - one of them the server. Never mind if other PCs use the net in that time. I set up the mission, guys connect and pings start growing from some 100, 200ms to 500, 1000 in few minutes. Also the lags are appearing. The router is D-Link DIR-635.

The real speeds measured by networx are something like 30/5Mbs, but I thing its enough for 10 hosts (if each need 250kbs upload).

The real used connectivity when server is running are something like 200-500kbs upload in ten hosts connected.

Is it probable that router change can solve the problem? Provider told me kick out the weak router, but I need some. If I connect server directly to cable modem then everything is OK.

If changing the router, what type I need to look for? Ive also try to change QOS engine settings manual uplink speed to 4096 but with no success.

Thanx for any info..

The Tunnel at the End of the Light

Ive been runnin FC2 (and occasionally DCS) server for more than one year. Now its almost unusable because terrifying lags and ping increase.

Net connection is cable 120/10Mbs. There is a cable modem, then router and than different PCs - one of them the server. Never mind if other PCs use the net in that time. I set up the mission, guys connect and pings start growing from some 100, 200ms to 500, 1000 in few minutes. Also the lags are appearing. The router is D-Link DIR-635.

The real speeds measured by networx are something like 30/5Mbs, but I thing its enough for 10 hosts (if each need 250kbs upload).

The real used connectivity when server is running are something like 200-500kbs upload in ten hosts connected.

Is it probable that router change can solve the problem? Provider told me kick out the weak router, but I need some. If I connect server directly to cable modem then everything is OK.

If changing the router, what type I need to look for? Ive also try to change QOS engine settings manual uplink speed to 4096 but with no success.

Thanx for any info..

I use Linksys router..never had any problems...

I use Linksys router..never had any problems...

Thanks for the tip. What type of Linksys do you use? Im afraid, that not every type can solve my problem.

And what bandwidth your clients use (and how much of them)?

Edited by Alvarez
bandwidth

The Tunnel at the End of the Light