ETA for 1.11?

Fudd

I totally agree! :cool:

I disagree. A full implementation of the advanced flight physics engine across all featured aircraft would appeal most to the hardcore flightsim enthusiasts (like me :p ). The problem is, that there aren't very many of these people and most of them should have Lock:On already.

UBI tried to pitch the first release of Lock:On at a more mainstream market, which failed to get the kind of sales they were hoping for (largely due to forgetting to market the product properly, misunderstandings about what the program was really about, etc.)

I don't believe that there are large numbers of potential customers for Lock:On out there that don't know about it yet. So expanding the customer base is out, what now?

Eagle have gone over to creating a sequence of product updates taylored to the flightsim fan that keeps a stream of entusiasts coming back for more at every update. Thus they don't need to increase their customer-base so much as create a base of repeat-customers. And since those customers are raving nutters about everything flight simulation related ;) Eagle can charge much more for the product (i.e what it is really worth IMO).

I really hope this business model works out for them and I for one WILL keep coming back for more!

I disagree. A full implementation of the advanced flight physics engine across all featured aircraft would appeal most to the hardcore flightsim enthusiasts (like me :p ). The problem is, that there aren't very many of these people and most of them should have Lock:On already.

UBI tried to pitch the first release of Lock:On at a more mainstream market, which failed to get the kind of sales they were hoping for (largely due to forgetting to market the product properly, misunderstandings about what the program was really about, etc.)

I don't believe that there are large numbers of potential customers for Lock:On out there that don't know about it yet. So expanding the customer base is out, what now?

Eagle have gone over to creating a sequence of product updates taylored to the flightsim fan that keeps a stream of entusiasts coming back for more at every update. Thus they don't need to increase their customer-base so much as create a base of repeat-customers. And since those customers are raving nutters about everything flight simulation related ;) Eagle can charge much more for the product (i.e what it is really worth IMO).

I really hope this business model works out for them and I for one WILL keep coming back for more!

I agree that lockon, with advanced AFM on all flyables , bug free and with network optimised for multiplayer and playable on good systems at acceptable FPS would be something ...

In the present state of things , and considering that ED went with starcrap activations... I really advise not trying to charge more $$

I love the game and support ED big time , but I won't pay more then what I paid for FC to rent a game .

Also I'm sure that if the game ran good and bug free on good computers that a lot more people would jump at the chance to get into a fighter jet given a little more publicity and ease of acquiring the product.(without starcrap)

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

Good analysis and if this is the case ED need to start working out how to

maintain this customer base by improving their communication about upcomming patches and updates.

Too many marketing own goals with the release of FC already, even enthusiasts get bored and look elsewhere after a while.

I don't believe that at all, Eagle Dynamics has done a great job at maintaining communication with the customers and providing support and patches. I see that some people are impatient but you have to be patient as such things take a while. Isn't some or most flyables getting AFM in "Tank Killers"? Its much better that the aircraft recieve an AFM with full avionics than just getting AFM.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I've seen a lot of maligning of StarForce, but has anyone actually suggested or implemented a better copyright protection scheme yet?

:) the tone of my post is of constructive criticism :)

I don't know if starcrap is good or not... I am against invasive programs , soon if we let some companies run free we will have dozens of programs working in the background reporting what we own, update and where we go .

It's not because someone sells me something that I agree to let them roam in my personal computer. Yes , I know they got EULAs that say just that but I'm still against it .

I want to own the game I bought and be able to reinstall it at my convenience on any machine I may own in the future without having to ask some company for permission to do it.

Only us the customer have the power to say NO , enuf is enuf , we like the product but won't rent it or have our privacy invaded by it .

If I hadn't been a big ED fan already I would have never bought FC with starcrap . I'm sure piracy is an issue but I don't think it's big enuf to justify me losing my privacy . Funny thing is , it's a big possibility that way more people would have bought FC if it was starcrap free.

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

No, SF is not a privacy issue ... you've got much larger privacy issues every time you purchase somethign with a credit card online.

Basically, devs really have two choices for very good CP ...

Either something like SF (and no matter how you slice it, it will be 'invasive' in some way - SF is invasive in that it uses drivers which may interfere with dvdrw's and cdrw's, but you can just delete the drivers and they should work again - they will reinstall when you run the SF protected app, no reactivation)

OR we will end up having the TPC initiative's chips installed in every single PC's motherboard, which will tie the game to that specific mobo, for example, or some sort of combination of hardware+software (ie your own private) key plus comms with some network service to ensure that you only install on a single PC at a time (but unlimited installs. Just never more than 1 or 2 concurrent installs). In addition, other software will use the TPC (like windows) for activation and security, and software piracy of any sort will become much more difficult, and in some way, you might think a lot more 'invasive' since your own computer hardware would be preventing you from doing some things.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Exactly what I'm getting at... it's too much ... it's exagerated...

we have the power to say no, and we have to do it now before it's too late , we are not sheep who are only good for shelling out $$$ so that this and that company become rich ...

I'm all for companies making million$ , but do they really have to make zillion$ ?

It's like those cable or satellite TV companies , we shouldn't have to pay to watch TV ... they should GIVE us 35 minutes of programming if we watch 25 minutes of advertising... they already make a bunch of money selling those advertisements, but they have started charging us to watch it on top of that and people said ; OK we'll pay !! cause we are sheep !!

anyway... I'm ranting and sorry about that my friends but our money oriented society is ruining our environment and our freedom (under the guise of protecting it) and we let them do it and that's what really pisses me off .

PCs are one of the most beautifull tools ever invented for creativity ,culture , arts, community etc... we can't let money grubbing companies make it a tool for policing us .

I say NO ...

I just wish my opinion counted for something

You don't have the power to do anything: All this stuff will soon simply become mainstream, and it'll be their way or the highway, and that's it. People WILL keep using those products, basically. Additionally, some of this stuff will become mandated by law.

What's more, those features are actually quite useful; but they will certainly end up being abused. That's just reality.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You don't have the power to do anything: All this stuff will soon simply become mainstream, and it'll be their way or the highway, and that's it. People WILL keep using those products, basically. Additionally, some of this stuff will become mandated by law.

What's more, those features are actually quite useful; but they will certainly end up being abused. That's just reality.

Honestly not trying to start anything here but above is one of the worst reply's ever posted on this forum. If we don't believe we have the power to change things why do we write in here. Remember its the people/customers who have the power. It just takes a while for companies to realise it when they start losing money.....sheeesh (its a Gaelic term)

I disagree. A full implementation of the advanced flight physics engine across all featured aircraft would appeal most to the hardcore flightsim enthusiasts (like me :p ). The problem is, that there aren't very many of these people and most of them should have Lock:On already

Well said! And Eagle Dynamics is doing right by introducing helicopters into series!

Next project should have all that we are asking for, and that is:

-game engine must be optimized to fully utilize curent hardware technologies

-dynamic campaign

-addition of flyable aisplanes (F-16's and if any possible some european, such as Mirage or Tornado)

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Honestly not trying to start anything here but above is one of the worst reply's ever posted on this forum. If we don't believe we have the power to change things why do we write in here. Remember its the people/customers who have the power. It just takes a while for companies to realise it when they start losing money.....sheeesh (its a Gaelic term)

That's in discord with reality - people keep buying stuff. YOU might not, but everyone else sure will so long as its made relatively convenient for them and any minor inconvenience is explained away. That's how it works. You, as the consumer, are effectively powerless against that. If you get EVERYONE else to do things your way, then more power to you. If you don't, then you don't accomplish anything. That's all there is to it. And the truth is, people don't care. They'll keep buying.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You, as the consumer, are effectively powerless against that.

Amazing words GGTharos! I am not sure that you are aware of what you are saying? Your rhetoric is not doing any good for Eagle Dynamics!

That's all there is to it. And the truth is, people don't care. They'll keep buying.

I care! I will buy a product that I deem to be good!

This discussion is pointless ...

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

So for all future, in Squad games some pilots will fly "really" modeled Su-25T's, and the rest of the community will fly arcade like machines, like A-10, F-10 and so on?....

This starts to bother me too. The more I fly the Su-25T the more I get the feeling of an arcade game in the other planes. The fun of actually just flying a plane is decreasing. You know that it is partly not a simulation. Or did I get something wrong?

I really hope AFM gets implemented for the other planes in 1.2. In fact I expected it for 1.11, but it seems to be harder to do than I expected. This and a more dynamic, immersive campaign is far more important to me than the Ka-50.

That's in discord with reality - people keep buying stuff. YOU might not, but everyone else sure will so long as its made relatively convenient for them and any minor inconvenience is explained away. That's how it works. You, as the consumer, are effectively powerless against that. If you get EVERYONE else to do things your way, then more power to you. If you don't, then you don't accomplish anything. That's all there is to it. And the truth is, people don't care. They'll keep buying.

In the end the customer is always right because companies/ED needs to sell we all don't need to buy from specific companies/ED and can go elsewhere. This means that customers do'nt need to be co-ordinated since the bottom line in any company's profit sheet shows how well they've listened to and met their customers needs. Its very simple its called the market economy, dangerous to try buck the market.

Wrong, they do have alot of power, Apple just learn't that lesson the hard way when they released Ipod nano. Negative feedback can kill future sales if a product has a bad reutation.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]