[SP] The Valley Run

Hi all. This is first mission i have ever made. It is very easy and short just for fun. This mission was intended just as ME practice but i decided to post it here. I was inspired by Repsol and his amazing missions but i am definitely not even close to his work. Feel free to post bug reports and your feeling about the mission. :-) (Sorry for my english)

============================================================

[sP] The Valley Run

Tested only with v1.1.1.1!

SITUATION

Two days before your mission start the SEALS unit Jaguar 1-1 was deployed in the valley near the village Tsageri. Their mission was to locate secret documents (even we dont know what these documents suppopsed to contain). They located two heavy armored bunkers during their journey across the valley. But no secret documents found - until now.

The current position of Jaguar 1-1 is northeast tip of village Mestia located height in the mountains. Jaguar 1-1 informed us, that they found out two possible locations of secret documents in that village. They need to search those locations/buildings but insurgents presence was detected. They cant handle it on their own. They need your help.

OBJECTIVE

Your mission has two parts.

At first you have to destroy two heavily armored insurgents bunkers detected by Jaguar 1-1 during their jurney across the valley (TRG1 and TRG2 in your FP). During this part of the mission the satellite support (Eye 1-1) will be provided to you. Eye 1-1 will be confirming target hits and maybe help you with threats detection.

After the destruction of bunkers you will fly to IP and provide CAS to Jaguar 1-1 during their search mission. Jaguar 1-1 will be picked-up by heli (UH-60, Ford 1-1) after reaching LZ. They will contact you when you reach IP. Jaguar 1-1 must to survive!!

Before your mission start, 2x F-16 SEAD

mission will take place in order to destroy insurgents mid/long range antiair.

MISSION:

1. Take-off at 2030 from Kutaisi (ramp)

2. Destroying TRG1

3. Confirmation by Eye 1-1

4. Destroying TRG2

5. Confirmation by Eye 1-1

6. Orbit at IP until Jaguar 1-1 contact

7. Provide CAS to Jaguar 1-1

8. Wait until clearance to RTB

9. RTB

COMMUNICATION:

SEALS (Jaguar 1-1) = JTAC guy (if available) => 30MHz VHF FM

ATC - Kutaisi - 134 MHz VHF AM

F10 - Other menu

UPDATE v1.4:

1. Message correction (edited one message at the end of the mission)

2. Trigger corrections (player on IP wider area)

UPDATE v1.3:

1. Enfield 1-1 (2x F-16 SEAD) => assigned frequency 134 MHz VHF AM (same as ATC)

2. Typo correction

UPDATE v1.2:

1. Issue with LZ pickup by Ford 1-1 fixed

UPDATE v1.1:

1. JTAC update

2. Sounds during radio messages

Mission.thumb.png.5f73363ff587d44f63b36e226ca054d6.png

TRG1F.thumb.jpg.be583a2c24c821bc53ed1c806e684032.jpg

TRG2F.thumb.jpg.38f237cb98cb9f7f323c69f50766440f.jpg

The.Valley.Run.v1.4.miz

Edited by Mauser55
  • Like 3

Hello, Mauser55 :)

Your mission sound like a good one...I will do my best to help Jaguar 1-1 out.

Will try it tonight...

Regards Repsol :pilotfly:

Dont expect anything cheesy. But i am working right now on second mission called "The Summit in Tbilisi". I beleive it will be more sophisticated mission but still "one man show" :-D. And "story" will be stronger.

Im gonna try this out mauser, but I would ask that you make a Multiplayer version as well... Its generally not too hard and the guys that fly online will really appreciate it.

Also chicks dig mission maker that make SP / MP missions.

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

Im gonna try this out mauser, but I would ask that you make a Multiplayer version as well... Its generally not too hard and the guys that fly online will really appreciate it.

Also chicks dig mission maker that make SP / MP missions.

:lol:

As i mentioned in my first post. This is my first mission ever made so even if multiplayer mission is not much harder to create i am not there yet. But more importantly. I am not playing MP so i dont know how to test MP missions. I am a weekend player so i am not competetive in MP (dont have TrackIR and playing on keyboard :-D). So maybe sometime but not anytime soon. Sorry. :(

AAlrighty, just flew it and its very good!

I really liked the action at the base... very well done and immersive

The first 2 targets went smooth and worked well... I liked how well you hid target 1 behind the trees.

Never got in touch with jaguar 1 or found their smoke. the map didnt seem to show the town i was looking for. I flew low and slow over where I thought they would be and called for smoke but no luck. I bombed markpoint "Z" and that was about it. JTAC never answered (2 separate mission runs)

Other than not finding jaguar it was a very good mission! congrats and thanks!

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

AAlrighty, just flew it and its very good!

I really liked the action at the base... very well done and immersive

The first 2 targets went smooth and worked well... I liked how well you hid target 1 behind the trees.

Never got in touch with jaguar 1 or found their smoke. the map didnt seem to show the town i was looking for. I flew low and slow over where I thought they would be and called for smoke but no luck. I bombed markpoint "Z" and that was about it. JTAC never answered (2 separate mission runs)

Other than not finding jaguar it was a very good mission! congrats and thanks!

I tryed it right now and it works for me. When you reach IP Jaguar 1-1 should contact you (only text message - no sounds) and after that you should have JTAC option in you radio menu. Dont know where is problem :(

On jaguar position is not any mark or smoke because JTAC gives you position of enemy group which is very close to jaguar (close to first building to search). But in your radio menu (F10 - Others) you should have option "Jaguar 1-1 green flare". When you use this option Jaguar will fire green flare on their actual position. Key on this mission is to keep track on Jaguar which was intentional. But if JTAC is ****ed up then it is simply impossible. Beacause you dont have initial coordinats of Jaguar.

And i dont have markpoint "Z" in any flightplan.

Please can you give me more details. THX

Edited by Mauser55

Hmmmm... Both times when i flew the mission JTAC would show up and I would call them on 30FM and no response... tried 5 times with different loiter times.

The "Z" markpoint was on a small enemy position in the mountains... maybe it was one of the bunker sites at TRGT 1 or 2. it was there both times.

Ill take a look at the mission in the editor.

Hmmmm... Both times when i flew the mission JTAC would show up and I would call them on 30FM and no response... tried 5 times with different loiter times.

The "Z" markpoint was on a small enemy position in the mountains... maybe it was one of the bunker sites at TRGT 1 or 2. it was there both times.

Ill take a look at the mission in the editor.

The "Z" was given to you by "Satellite" (Eye 1-1)?

First post updated.

If it was then it is ok. It is MANPADS

OK, I fiddled with it and marked waypoints on the seal teams (do you know that you have one team as russian and the other as US?) I think I may have broken it because when i was starting up the message came in that they were starting their search #1 at 20:22.

When I got to the town at about 20:45, the 8 men were still standing there at the 1st search area.

Im trying out the new version now... I was just thinking you should have audible alerts when messages come in... good job!

okay,

just tried again and no JTAC response.

I saw the same 2 groups of guys near search1 and they didnt move.

do i have to kill the manpads before anything else will happen? or do I have to fly through the "FORD" zone?

Edited by jeffyd123

okay,

just tried again and no JTAC response.

I saw the same 2 groups of guys near search1 and they didnt move.

do i have to kill the manpads before anything else will happen? or do I have to fly through the "FORD" zone?

No, destroying MANPADS is optional.

Yes they should be two groups near Search 1. One group is Jaguar 1-1 second group is enemy infantry. But problem is that you are telling me that you get message about the Search 1 in the momen when you starting up whitch should not suppose to heppen.

But it would be nice if there is somebody else who tried this mission too and tell me if he has problems too.

THX for reporting jeffyd :-)

Edited by Mauser55

Hello...:)

I have played your mission and it is a fine one...

- Like Jeffyd123 i like your airfield setup.

- Nice sundown mission.

- good use of infantry moving through the village.

I had no problem with TRG 1 and 2 and i got the mess to contact JTAC

when i reached the IP waypoint and that worked fine...I got coordinates right on top of that infantry group and took them out with rockets.

When Jaguar moved out again I lost track of them...Got the message about the IFVs and contacted JTAC again (worked fine)...Then i messed something up and it took me quite some time to get thoose coordinates into the CDU ( my fault).

When i finally did i could not find the IFVs...I did find Jaguar outside an other building (LN 1591769033) ...building two i think...I tried to contact JTAC again and he answered but did not have any targets for me (no IFVs).

I will try this mission again and try not to mess up.

The flare function was working for me...no problem

Some small suggestions so far...:

- Put the F16s on a frequency the player can hear (134 AM or 30 FM or give them a freuency of their own and put that in the briefing).

- Have Jagaur give a confirmation message when they fire the flare.

- I found a small typo in the second target destroyed mess from Eye 1 "EYE 1 OU" should be EYE 1 OUT" i guess...

All in all a good first mission and i'm looking forward to your next one :thumbup:

Regards Repsol

Edited by repsol

Hello...:)

I have played your mission and it is a fine one...

- Like Jeffyd123 i like your airfield setup.

- Nice sundown mission.

- good use of infantry moving through the village.

I had no problem with TRG 1 and 2 and i got the mess to contact JTAC

when i reached the IP waypoint and that worked fine...I got coordinates right on top of that infantry group and took them out with rockets.

When Jaguar moved out again I lost track of them...Got the message about the IFVs and contacted JTAC again (worked fine)...Then i messed something up and it took me quite some time to get thoose coordinates into the CDU ( my fault).

When i finally did i could not find the IFVs...I did find Jaguar outside an other building (LN 1591769033) ...building two i think...I tried to contact JTAC again and he answered but did not have any targets for me (no IFVs).

I will try this mission again and try not to mess up.

The flare function was working for me...no problem

Some small suggestions so far...:

- Put the F16s on a frequency the player can hear (134 AM or 30 FM or give them a freuency of their own and put that in the briefing).

- Have Jagaur give a confirmation message when they fire the flare.

- I found a small typo in the second target destroyed mess from Eye 1 "EYE 1 OU" should be EYE 1 OUT" i guess...

All in all a good first mission and i'm looking forward to your next one :thumbup:

Regards Repsol

THX

I tested it out again and JTAC gives me good coordinates of those IFVs (they are in 45m radius from given point (in treeline) and they are marked by IR).

Definitely will do. thx

Have Jagaur give a confirmation message when they fire the flare.

I dont know i believe it could be annoying when you use this function in short time after each other. I will consider it.

I found a small typo in the second target destroyed mess from Eye 1 "EYE 1 OU" should be EYE 1 OUT" i guess...

It is fixed by now.

THX for your report i need feedbacks

• Like 1

Thanks for the mission Mauser, it was fun.

I did have one bug that I wanted to share:

At the end of the mission a blackhawk helicopter (Ford 1-1) shows up to extract Jaguar. The helo never landed and picked up Jaguar. There was no RTB message. It just hovered over the road by the LZ and all five members of Jaguar just sat around at the LZ waiting for it. I gave it some time but eventually just flew back to base and landed. There was nothing I could do.

I did notice in the mission log that the helicopter took AK-47 fire from the last group of infantry that rushes the LZ. Maybe the damage it took prevented it from continuing on with the mission.

Otherwise, it was a nice mission. Having to keep an eye on Jaguar in the TGP throughout their mission was difficult. The green flares they put down were impossible to see at that time of day so I just had to scan the area until I found them again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont know i believe it could be annoying when you use this function in short time after each other. I will consider it.

Good point !

One thing you could do is to use a FLAG in a counter function to also limit the number of times the player will be able to request a flare..(i guess they have a limited supply of thoose) and have a different answer each time...

example...

If Jaguar 1-1 has 3 flares avaliable:

- player request fire flare 1st time.

radio mess..."copy...Jaguar 1-1 firing green flare"

- player request fire flare 2nd time.

radio mess..."copy...firing flare again. Be adviced..we only have one flare left"

- player request fire flare 3rd time.

radio mess..."copy ! firing last flare.."

after flare 3 have been fired you remove that radio item from the F10 menu...No more flares !

This is just a suggestion...It might still get a bit annoying if the player request fire flare many times in a short time period though...

again...good mission ! :pilotfly:

Thanks for the mission Mauser, it was fun.

I did have one bug that I wanted to share:

At the end of the mission a blackhawk helicopter (Ford 1-1) shows up to extract Jaguar. The helo never landed and picked up Jaguar. There was no RTB message. It just hovered over the road by the LZ and all five members of Jaguar just sat around at the LZ waiting for it. I gave it some time but eventually just flew back to base and landed. There was nothing I could do.

I did notice in the mission log that the helicopter took AK-47 fire from the last group of infantry that rushes the LZ. Maybe the damage it took prevented it from continuing on with the mission.

Otherwise, it was a nice mission. Having to keep an eye on Jaguar in the TGP throughout their mission was difficult. The green flares they put down were impossible to see at that time of day so I just had to scan the area until I found them again.

THX for kind words. I suppose you played first version of mission. In version 1.2 is pickup from LZ fixed.

When i tested the mission it seemed to me not too hard to keep eye on Jaguar. You have to just locate them once. Then they telling you in the radio that they are heading to west and you just slew TGP along them. I believe that flares should "shine" a little bit more but in TGP in FLIR mode are visible but you have to know probable position of Jaguar.

Other change in v1.2 is concern about the rushing insurgent infantry group which is much closer to LZ so you have shorter time to kill them

Edited by Mauser55

Good point !

One thing you could do is to use a FLAG in a counter function to also limit the number of times the player will be able to request a flare..(i guess they have a limited supply of thoose) and have a different answer each time...

example...

If Jaguar 1-1 has 3 flares avaliable:

- player request fire flare 1st time.

radio mess..."copy...Jaguar 1-1 firing green flare"

- player request fire flare 2nd time.

radio mess..."copy...firing flare again. Be adviced..we only have one flare left"

- player request fire flare 3rd time.

radio mess..."copy ! firing last flare.."

after flare 3 have been fired you remove that radio item from the F10 menu...No more flares !

This is just a suggestion...It might still get a bit annoying if the player request fire flare many times in a short time period though...

again...good mission ! :pilotfly:

It would be definitely more realistic, but as you can see, even with unlimited flares is hard to keep eye on Jaguar.

Update v1.3 posted (minor things)

Overall, very nice mission, I enjoyed it a lot. Everything worked fine for me. However what I did notice is that it is hard to see Jaguar flares. May marking them with the green marker would make them easy to spot in the TPG

Stay Sharp.

Overall, very nice mission, I enjoyed it a lot. Everything worked fine for me. However what I did notice is that it is hard to see Jaguar flares. May marking them with the green marker would make them easy to spot in the TPG

Truth is that i tried flares separately in ME and i found out that flares are hard to spot in any day time under any conditions. Even in dark night if you want to spot them by naked eye you have to be extremly close and you have to know where to look.

Smoke is fine but it is good for marking "static" position. In case of repeated calling for smoke there will be like ton of smokes on the groud and i believe that smoke is hard to spot too in daytime which i set. You can spot flare even when firing unit is hidden behind the trees or building (especially in case of sharp angle).

I know that flares are not best option but i dont know any other suitable solution. (And i dont want to use mechanise unit with ELPRS)

Edited by Mauser55

Will this mission work in 1.1.0.9? I ask because this an a couple of other recently uplaoded missions are not loading? When I select the mission it brings me to the loading screen and then freezes? Do I need to patch up to 1.1.1.1 to play you mission? Older missions still work.

Will this mission work in 1.1.0.9? I ask because this an a couple of other recently uplaoded missions are not loading? When I select the mission it brings me to the loading screen and then freezes? Do I need to patch up to 1.1.1.1 to play you mission? Older missions still work.

Hi, aguy0523. I have v1.1.1.1 so it's tested only on this version. If it will work on 1.1.0.9 I really don't know. But i believe you should updated to the newest version possible as always. It's fixing a lot of bugs and brings improvements.

Hi, aguy0523. I have v1.1.1.1 so it's tested only on this version. If it will work on 1.1.0.9 I really don't know. But i believe you should updated to the newest version possible as always. It's fixing a lot of bugs and brings improvements.

I know your right but I was hoping to stick with 1.1.0.9 for the smooth frame rates. 1.1.1.1 is horrible perfomance wise. core 2 dou @ 4.2ghz w/a OC'ed GTX 460 V2. thankyou.