Strike Fighters 2: North Atlantic

Cedaway

Just found this... Have a nice day

Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic is a jet air-combat game set in hypothetical Cold War Soviet invasion of Iceland. The player flyable aircraft include F-14 Tomcat and A-7 Corsair II.

The campaign is set in 1979 hypothetical "Cold War gone Hot" scenario - what if the Soviet Union had decided to invade West Germany in 1979? The key to Soviet victory in Europe rests in the capture of Iceland and its vital strategic US base located there. With the Soviet in control of Iceland, the NATO forces would not be able to contain the Soviet Northern Fleet, and the American reinforcement fleets would not be able to reach Europe.

Join the US Navy and USS Nimitz Carrier Battle Group sent to reinforce the Iceland defense, protect the carrier from Soviet long-range bombers, and strike the Kiev battle group of the Soviet Northern Fleet!

The game is designed for Windows 7/Vista and DX10 capable video card. It can be merged with other games in the series (Strike Fighters 2, Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam, Strike Fighters 2 Europe, and Strike Fighters 2 Israel) for additional aircraft, maps, missions, and campaigns.

WARNING: This game does not work on Windows XP or on DX9-class video cards! You must have Windows Vista or later, and a DX10-class video card (nVidia GeForce 8-series or better, or AMD HD2000 or better)

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

I bet, it's quite "arcade"... Had played the first SF back in the days and i wasn't too impressed about it.

Haven't read through it but the manual is 82 pages, FWIW.

No, I did not buy it.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The modern fighters are pants compared to lockon, plus no mp, I wouldn't recommend it at all except for the old Vietnam and Yom Kippur war era jets like the F-4 and Mig-21, which are more enjoyable as you don't expect much from the low tech radars. Combine this with an average dynamic campaign makes it light entertainment.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Well, it's out..

https://store.thirdwire.com/store.htm

I'm not a Strike Fighters fan, but I got it to reward them for giving "us" some more 80s Cold War magic. Too bad the whole thing's rather bland, from the FM to the campaign. I wish ED focused on the 80s with their releases.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I always had much fun with the Strike Fighters series, in this latest installment you fly the Tomcat.

I wouldn't call it arcade, but it is a "light" sim indeed. It's more about gameplay and modding than about simulation accuracy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]