Newest EDM Model Tools

Any help :?

Should I maybe downgrade my plugin? I'm using both the latest plugin and the latest edmodelviewer.

Error: Parser error:[string "p={MapChannel:1 = UVMap..."]:1: '<name>' expected near '1'.. Node: Sphere. File: .build\x86_64\vc120.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2014\Exporter\EDModelExporter.cpp:525.

Error: Parser error:[string "p={MapChannel:1 = UVMap..."]:1: '<name>' expected near '1'.. Node: Plane_031. File: .build\x86_64\vc120.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2014\Exporter\EDModelExporter.cpp:525.

Error: Parser error:[string "p={MapChannel:1 = UVMap..."]:1: '<name>' expected near '1'.. Node: Circle_032. File: .build\x86_64\vc120.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2014\Exporter\EDModelExporter.cpp:525.

Error: Parser error:[string "p={MapChannel:1 = UVMap..."]:1: '<name>' expected near '1'.. Node: Plane_021. File: .build\x86_64\vc120.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2014\Exporter\EDModelExporter.cpp:525.

Error: Parser error:[string "p={MapChannel:1 = UVMap..."]:1: '<name>' expected near '1'.. Node: Plane.031. File: .build\x86_64\vc120.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2014\Exporter\EDModelExporter.cpp:525.

Error: Parser error:[string "p={MapChannel:1 = UVMap..."]:1: '<name>' expected near '1'.. Node: Circle.032. File: .build\x86_64\vc120.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2014\Exporter\EDModelExporter.cpp:525.

Error: Parser error:[string "p={MapChannel:1 = UVMap..."]:1: '<name>' expected near '1'.. Node: Plane.021. File: .build\x86_64\vc120.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2014\Exporter\EDModelExporter.cpp:525.

Material nodes http://imgur.com/4Jmc9fm

Edited by daza7

Probably what Joey said. Make sure you have standard materials and have clicked the 'make cool' button in the ed plugins

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

It's a Incompatible Material on the Mesh names Listed,

I get the same errors when I forget to remove MentalRay and Advanced Shaders and Such from models before exporting.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

You're material is set to Phong, set it to Blinn. Then make all the materials "cool" with the EDM plugins.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you need to slot the specular texture, for it to be exported correctly?

the normal map and diffuse are fine, but i can't get the specular to work properly.

Also does the reflection value in 3dsmax play a role in the specular textures intensity ingame?

also How can i change the normal maps intensity?

Edited by karambiatos

Specular Level map slot, and the reflection value does change the intensity of the reflections in-game, not necessarily the specularity. But you could keep that set to 100 and adjust the reflection values by using the RGB channels in the specular texture.

Thanks, i got it sorted out.

Though i have a problem with the smoothing groups not being exported at all, how does one go about fixing this?

No, this is for exporting 3D models for the sim. What you're talking about are effects, a whole other type of mod.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi:

I'm trying to export a model to .edm and this is the error I got:

Error:Parser error: (string"p=(mapchannel 1=1.-")): 1'(name)'expected near '1' ..node viper-dcs-export-001:layer1 file: .build/x86-64/vc120.release/utils/ngmodel-maxplugins/2012/exporter/edmodelexporter.ccp:525. 

If any one know how to fix this please tell me.

Best Regards

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's possible to put a single building into a specific place? I Mean, i have a 3d buildin model compiled into 3dmax and i want to make it avaliable somewhere in the map.

Or it would only work in replacing buildings?

Who cares...

Hi:

I'm trying to export a model to .edm and this is the error I got:

Error:Parser error: (string"p=(mapchannel 1=1.-")): 1'(name)'expected near '1' ..node viper-dcs-export-001:layer1 file: .build/x86-64/vc120.release/utils/ngmodel-maxplugins/2012/exporter/edmodelexporter.ccp:525. 

If any one know how to fix this please tell me.

Best Regards

Do you have multiple layers? I would unlayer everything/ temporary delete any unused pieces

It's possible to put a single building into a specific place? I Mean, i have a 3d buildin model compiled into 3dmax and i want to make it avaliable somewhere in the map.

Or it would only work in replacing buildings?

You would have to make a Mod so you could add it as a static object in the mission editor. There is no way to have it 'automatically' be placed at a desired spot

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Thank-you

Do you have multiple layers? I would unlayer everything/ temporary delete any unused pieces

You would have to make a Mod so you could add it as a static object in the mission editor. There is no way to have it 'automatically' be placed at a desired spot

Oh! So it's possible to add in editor? :D So where could i find one of these mods to use as reference? I have my 3Ds models, but i'm pretty sure this isn't just "paste" into game...

Who cares...

• 3 weeks later...

For lighting instruments in the cockpit I used Target Spot option 3d max, and rendering in all good works. After converting the EDM model sees only a certain number of lamps.

Does ED plugin has a limitation in the number of light emitting elements that can be converted into EDM model?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i am having a very big curiosity: Is it possible to add in the diffuse slot a mix of two maps? I want to add a painting map separately from the dirt map. What i mean is a two-textures material, both having different channels, like in the picture below:

example.thumb.jpg.8da0031ed4961c59c3717503fb433d26.jpg

Hi, i am having a very big curiosity: Is it possible to add in the diffuse slot a mix of two maps? I want to add a painting map separately from the dirt map. What i mean is a two-textures material, both having different channels, like in the picture below:

Yes Open Material Editor (Compact Mode usually is easier)

Click on Material, then click on Maps, then click on the Diffuse Map,

Next to the Map #, should see a box, usually says Bitmap, Click on it, Choose Maps, Standard Composite.

From there you just have to click add layers, rename them so you know which one is which, pick texture files, as well as assign the texture UVW Map Channels, re align UWV Coordinates for the channel if needed (ie For BORT Numbers/Decals)

For UVW Channels, Should Arrange in order you want them to draw w/ Layer 1 being base, and each additional number draws over top of the previous,

So Layer 1 is the Base Diffuse, Layer 2 Decal, Layer 3 Damage

For Example,

I Have Base Diffuse Map, Then Decals, Then Damage,

Each item needs to be a specific channel to work correctly in the description.lua as well:

0 - DIFFUSE
1 - NORMAL_MAP
2 - SPECULAR
3 - DECAL
4 - DIRT
5 - DAMAGE
6 - PUDDLES
7 - SNOW
8 - SELF_ILLUMINATION
9 - AMBIENT_OCCLUSION 

Ignore the Empty Materials and random names, Im in the Process of re-vamping materials and their values.

attachment.php?attachmentid=143476&stc=1&d=1467643172

CompositeMaterials.thumb.jpg.cfcf371eac9537d58e5067ba80229173.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I think I might know, but I'm on remote Connection right now, so I cant check.

But Lately I've been having issues with some parts of models, Example Below,

It appears in game and model viewer that the edge of the mesh is not rendering shadows correctly, (Almost inversed)

I didnt have this issue before, and nothing has changed on the model itself,

Normals are still correctly placed, etc.

It's not a Specular Map Issue.

This Problem doesnt show in the 3ds Rendering Pipeline or other engines,

Just in the DCS Engine, None of the Extra Exporter Smoothing/Remove Triangle Options are on....

Im Thinking it's Smoothing Groups, as I can Clear the Smoothing groups and the problem w/ the shadow goes away, but the smoothing is now gone.

As I've gone back through 5 months of .MAX Files and the problem persists,

Even though I have EDMs from a month ago that don't have the problem.

Smoothing groups havent changed.

1735386095_ModelViewer2016-07-0511-41-58-81.thumb.jpg.0813bf67a16af5544ab0c588a7c604b9.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla