Newest EDM Model Tools

I'm using max 2016 as I no longer have access to max 2014.

The plugins do not go above max 2014.

When the new plugins gets released I hope they work for 2016 as well as newer versions.

on ma mobile

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

the issue i see is max 2016 doesnt have the same underlying rendering anymore, AD keeps changing it...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'm using max 2016 as I no longer have access to max 2014.

The plugins do not go above max 2014.

When the new plugins gets released I hope they work for 2016 as well as newer versions.

on ma mobile

Got it, you are building models in hope of the EDM plugin being made available for a version past 2014. That's exactly what I'm doing too.

Cheers

Can always export to a Format that Can be opened in 2014 by someone else.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

• 4 weeks later...

Dont Download the Newest Plugins they are not ready for End User use...

Go back 3 to 4 weeks.

Anyone know where i can find a EDM plugin version which work with 3D max 2014 ?
Dont Download the Newest Plugins they are not ready for End User use...

Go back 3 to 4 weeks.

yep, those are for testers and developers: early versions for 2.2.0

use the default in-sim DCSW modelviewers in the bin folder

sign-pic4.jpg

4) What are the biggest touch up things that need to be done?

A1: To correct textures: Textures need to have a special material type assigned to them. This is done by opening the Material Editor (M key). Select your texture slot. Then click on Utilities, EDModelTool, then click "Make Cool". If you do not see EDModelTool, Click 'More' in the Utilities tab and select it. Back in the Material Editor, you will now see a new category called "Material Attributes". For most items, use "Default" in the pull down section. Do this for each material slot and export normally.

"Make Cool"

• 2 weeks later...

Having problem with animated object export here, while I apply Multi/sub material to an object with bone and skin modifier, export will stuck at 28% or 99%, no error message, no way to cancel, I have to terminate Max manually and restart it.

If I re-assign a standard material to the same object, everything exprot quick and smooth.

What am I doing wrong or Multi/sub materia is not supported for skined object?

Im having troubles starting the ModelViewer Standalone version. when ik click on the EXE file the modelviewer won't even start no error appear and the modelviewer.exe is missing after that. Reinstalled it several times now but can't get it to work. Even starting it as an Admin doesn't work

I installed the modelviewer folder in the main dcs folder.G:\DCS World 2 OpenBeta\edModelViewer and a backup inG:\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\edModelViewer if a certain file dissapears again