Newest EDM Model Tools

I would also be very interested in a simple tutorial as described by Ghostrida9. Just show me how to import a textured cube to DCS. I'm aching to use my modeling skills for this sim but I just can't find a good, simple and up-to-date tutorial on adding static objects.

I don't have access to a version of max that ED supports so I can't help....

If I had any income I would get a months subscription from autodesk.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Blender Guru has some great beginner tutorials for Blender, which is free by the way. If I can do them just about anyone should be able to get a good start on 3d modeling.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Blender Guru has some great beginner tutorials for Blender, which is free by the way. If I can do them just about anyone should be able to get a good start on 3d modeling.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks but it's not the modeling i need help with, it's the exporter and the needed LUA scripting to get a static object to appear in the mission editor. A tutorial on that would be very useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Export pb

Hello everybody,

I'm starting in using 3ds max. Since one day, I try to export a .edm simple file (a sphere with a .dds texture).

I think allll is ok in the settings, but when I export I receive this error message :

"Error: Uniforms: Can't get parameter Shader Basic Parameters->Specular Level. Material: 02 - Default. File: .build\x86_64\vc140.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2016\Exporter\MtlKeeper.cpp:303."

I have tested many different versions of the edm plugins, on the 3ds max 2016 version, but nothing is ok.

Can some one help me, please ?

Thanks

Hello everybody,

I'm starting in using 3ds max. Since one day, I try to export a .edm simple file (a sphere with a .dds texture).

I think allll is ok in the settings, but when I export I receive this error message :

"Error: Uniforms: Can't get parameter Shader Basic Parameters->Specular Level. Material: 02 - Default. File: .build\x86_64\vc140.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2016\Exporter\MtlKeeper.cpp:303."

I have tested many different versions of the edm plugins, on the 3ds max 2016 version, but nothing is ok.

Can some one help me, please ?

Thanks

lol

Salut

Si je pars du principe que tu as potassé ceci https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=72633&d=1351707616

que tu as bien le bon plugin (pas forcément le dernier) il y a plusieurs raisons (des tonnes) pour avoir ce message. Mais !

La 1ère c'est d'utiliser la version "max" en anglais car si tu as 2 versions FR+US le plugin s'installe complétement que sur la version. US

La 2ème c'est d'oublier après avoir cliqué sur "Make Cool" bah de cliquer de nouveau sur "Affecter matériau à la sélection" pour mettre à jour

Bonjour,

et merci pour ces précisions.

J'avais en effet "potassé" et suivi la doc.. enfin.. je le croyais. Mais je n'avais pas vu la contrainte de la version US.

Après avoir reparamétré la version US, je n'ai plus le message d'erreur, et j'ai bien un fichier .edm qui est crée.

Maintenant, je tente d'ouvrir avec EDmodelViewer (version standalone installée) ce fichier. Il semble qu'EDV ait du mal à retrouver la texture! J'ai pourtant collé le .dem dans le dossier Shaders, et la texture sippée (et non zippée d'ailleurs), dans TempTextures.

J'imagine qu'il doit encore y avoir une subtilité que je n'ai pas vue ?

• 4 weeks later...

I've spent days trying to get some helipad models to keep horizontally alligned when placed on a hillside. I have hit a wall here... I can't figure it out. I noticed on the reference wiki there used to be an option in the exporter called "export space" that supposedly could be the solution here.

I noticed however that this option does no longer exist in the exporter versions I tried.

Has this option become absolete? Are there any wsTypes that can be used to achieve this or can this option be brought back in a new exporter release?

Image as on the wiki:

EDM_exporter.jpg

Hello,

I have some models I can export from 3DS and get into mission editor. I would like to know:

I have made some police style blue lights in 3DS which flash on and off, but these will not export to EDM in flashing mode (The lights export OK if they are just on)I was wondering if this is possible to do / export?

Error: Unsupported controller. Node: Single Blue Light. File: .build\x86_64\vc140.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2016\Exporter\EDModelExporter.cpp:614.

This is the error message with the controller added.

Thanks in advance

Is this thread still active? I do not see much support and DCS modelling seems a "dark art" which is a shame as it can be a full and rich environment if there were more tutorials and how tos.

I have manged to create exportable models into DCS, I have worked out the lights (to a certain degree) and I have worked out animation using the ARG based methods. I can get animations to run in model viewer but not in DCS its self.

Does anyone know the final step / method that seems to be missing?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

A lot seems to take place on the discord server. There are a bunch of 'groups' that dabble in modding DCS. Look for 'DCS Modding Hub'. Fairly high level stuff but at least you'll find others who are in the same boat as you...

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

Does anyone know the final step / method that seems to be missing?

Thanks

Scripting a System to Control the Animation.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 months later...

They don't always support the latest versions, it took forever to get 2016/2017 support. It's a lot of money to buy a new license every year for the latest version.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

If there is somebody who is in touch with ED please ask them, to make some update to the EDM tools set to at least 2018. We have a subscription to max 2018 and there is no way to install another version. We are a studio, and making this big change can ruin some network setups.

Maybe, the open source, free from the installer, will allow to only load it a plugin to Max and it will work.

Thank you!

IAI KFIR C2/C7 MOD dev blog

DISCORD pitkun#2175

• ED Team

plugins above version 2017 are not expected yet. at the moment we do not have a subscription to version 2018, when it appears then and we will collect plug-ins.

open code will not be

" Умное выражение лица - это еще не признак ума. Все глупости на Земле делаются именно с этим выражением лица..."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using 3ds max 2017 and appropriate ED Tools, I have some trouble with "transparent" part of my model.

I'm using two bitmap, color diffuse and opacity, and the transparency works good in 3ds max, when the model loaded into the game, the transparency doesn't work, and I see white space instead.

Any idea? ( I'm saving both bitmaps as .dds file, DXT5 preset )

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I'm using 3ds max 2017 and appropriate ED Tools, I have some trouble with "transparent" part of my model.

I'm using two bitmap, color diffuse and opacity, and the transparency works good in 3ds max, when the model loaded into the game, the transparency doesn't work, and I see white space instead.

To load the alpha of your dds after Make Cool do these step:

Double Click on your Map

Bitmap Parameters:

Monochannel Output --> Alpha

Alpha Source --> Image Alpha

Double Click on your Material

Material Attributes:

Misc --> Alpha Test

Btw, for completely transparent not gradient(like empty space in a fence) sould be better use dxt1 +1bit transparency

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

• ED Team

check here.

https://gyazo.com/c726ff3519b75a355bdf336efd563e5b

" Умное выражение лица - это еще не признак ума. Все глупости на Земле делаются именно с этим выражением лица..."