Newest EDM Model Tools

Updated to a new ED plug in and now i get error exporting.

Well after updating the ED plug in to the latest one, my SU-57 model wont export without giving me application error upon exporting to edm,has anyone ran into this?

my 3ds max version is 2017 and latest ED plug in 164510.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

prior to updating the plugin everything was perfect,not anymore.

do not download the latest ones because you will not have thenfiles associated with it.

Rule of thumb is to go back 1 to 2 weeks.

They are compiled daily and the versions in the last few dys are newer than the current open beta revisions.

How are we suppose to get the files? Does that mean that the EDM exporter is no longer for use unless you have a third party contract with ED?

Don't always download the latest ones and always keep backups just in case.

I can upload some earlier versions if you want.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 2 weeks later...

Hello modders,

I wanted to report something

As far I remember, the .edm plugin was working until the 2017 version of 3dsmax

But apparently the 2017 version of 3dsmax isn't avaiblable anymore:

unknown.png

Do we know if an update of the plugin is planned?

thx for your work

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

Hello modders,

I wanted to report something

As far I remember, the .edm plugin was working until the 2017 version of 3dsmax

But apparently the 2017 version of 3dsmax isn't avaiblable anymore:

unknown.png

Do we know if an update of the plugin is planned?

thx for your work

I'm also waiting for an update, at least until 2018

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone notice that when you set material type to "glass" or "glass instrument", the normal map tiling value will automatically change? Guess it's related to canopy glass rain drop or scratch glare calculation. Any solution to this?

glass_nrm.thumb.jpg.32a797a7bb3741d7018d78af1c259b89.jpg

Does anyone else have uninstalling issues? This is my first time updating plugin in YEARS.

Of all the versions I have downloaded prior to 16xxxx uninstall fine. Everything after 16xxxx give an error. Re-running the plugin installer asks to uninstall on launch but just re-installs again after hitting both Ok and Cancel. I have to manually cherry-pick each file shown during install in order to uninstall.

I'm still running 3D Max 2014, and currently Windows 10 v1909.

error.png.74f7711194bb5a5b3202be862094c09f.png

versions.png.327d0454cfbd60313ea9825311842a5c.png

Edited by Tailhook

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

Did anyone get EDM plugin to work with 3DS 2018? I can't :/

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

So just started modeling in dcs with the edm exporter. so far so good. have managed to get my model with the materials in the model viewer. now i read that the edm plugin should come with some examples. however i check the help/edm folder in the max folder. There are no examples there. just a html file with some info (mostly in russian). anybody know where i can get the example files?

Did anyone get EDM plugin to work with 3DS 2018? I can't :/

I haven't been able to get anything to work for them. I asked Nine Line and another dev contacted me and I asked her to please add support for newer versions of 3ds max since you are no longer able to get 3ds max 2016-2017, Soon even 2018 will be unsupported by Autodesk. Since the Mod tools only work up till MAX 2017, anyone above is unable to do anything with DCS. I have asked every two months for something to be done but nothing has happened yet. I did get a reply back that licanced 3rd party teams with all the dev tools do have a more advanced set of plugins that work all the way to 3ds MAX 2021. So they have the tools supported but they need the set of plugins for mods and unlicenced moders to be updated with the same support.

PLEASE! Do it soon ED otherwise a lot of people will start posting about this and it will blow up since Autodesk is no longer supporting old software.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS KC-10A - WIP

My professional Game Artist Portfolio

I haven't been able to get anything to work for them. I asked Nine Line and another dev contacted me and I asked her to please add support for newer versions of 3ds max since you are no longer able to get 3ds max 2016-2017, Soon even 2018 will be unsupported by Autodesk. Since the Mod tools only work up till MAX 2017, anyone above is unable to do anything with DCS. I have asked every two months for something to be done but nothing has happened yet. I did get a reply back that licanced 3rd party teams with all the dev tools do have a more advanced set of plugins that work all the way to 3ds MAX 2021. So they have the tools supported but they need the set of plugins for mods and unlicenced moders to be updated with the same support.

PLEASE! Do it soon ED otherwise a lot of people will start posting about this and it will blow up since Autodesk is no longer supporting old software.

It's not as easy as simply releasing the plugins.

The new plugins for Max 2021, 2020, 2019 are likely for DCS Builds that arent even public yet,

So they wouldnt work for end users.

The same way downloading the EDM Tools compiled today, and the ModelViewer Compiled Today will not work when you install them because you do not have the updated files.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It's not as easy as simply releasing the plugins.

The new plugins for Max 2021, 2020, 2019 are likely for DCS Builds that arent even public yet,

So they wouldnt work for end users.

The same way downloading the EDM Tools compiled today, and the ModelViewer Compiled Today will not work when you install them because you do not have the updated files.

Yah, I assumed that is most likely a majority the reason as well as there hasn't been a reason to introduce changes to the plugin since no issues regarding Autodesk support have surfaced until now.

That being said reasonably it would take a few weeks to create a branch of the EDM tools on or close to the 2.5.6.47224 release. Pull out all the specific code that would open up options and tools that only ED and 3rd parties are allowed to use. Internally test it, then either merge that branch into the new build for release or, remove support for the old previous tools and release the new branch with the nightly builds in its place.

The fact it was alerted to their attention means that ED knows and something will be done shortly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS KC-10A - WIP

My professional Game Artist Portfolio

I have done a full re-install of my pc 2 weeks ago and now trying to get all my modding tools installed again. I just realized like many of us that the earliest version of 3DS Max is 2018... How are we supposed to deal with this?

The MIRAGE is as invulnerable to the opponent's hits as the mirage is unreachable to the desert traveler.

i7 7700k @ 5Ghz - 32Gb DDR4 - 2Tb M.2 SSD - GTX 1080Ti

Can't see anything being done in the short term, long term who knows.. The unfortunate thing is even if people continue using older versions of max along with the older .edm tools in the likely event that something changes with the edm format again that's it, finished!

Same problem here, I can't get 3DS MAX 2017 or older version.

Minimun version available is 3DS MAX 2018.

So I can't develop anything for DCS !! :(

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

• 4 weeks later...

Are you saying the latest plugin supports 2021?

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

It makes no sense for them to upgrade versions of Max they use every year, either. The licenses aren't cheap, and if the current version they use accomplishes what they need then there is no reason to rush to upgrade.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Indeed, but newer Max takes advantage of latest hardware tech. Sometimes 2014/16/17 gets so sluggish with 1,500,000 tri-count and more , it's un-usable. 2019+ can handle the instructions much better. And with larger textures.

As graphics cards get better, so does the art....and the Art departments are constantly innovating as hardware becomes better suited.

Personally, I dont mind an upgraded plugin every 2-3 years, but it's time for a new one for sure.....before our old files become corrupt. At least for 3rd parties.

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

That's why I haven't upgraded to a newer max and stayed on 2016.

Unfortunately people don't have the option anymore.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45