Newest EDM Model Tools

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Il 26/5/2022 at 14:37, cubanace ha scritto:

Will 3ds max 2023 be supported? 

Asked to the dev a couple of months ago, I would say that for now is still a no-go...

image.png

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

after updating EDM , i get this error when wanna export , and my model doesnt have bone ! how can i fix it ! 

image.png

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

Import/merge this file.

Re-name to bounding box. Add bounding box connector type to the user section.

Encompass entire model with box.

Try export again.

user_box.zip

Also, each model part can only have 4 (four) bones connected to each.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

18 ore fa, sadjad-vosoul ha scritto:

after updating EDM , i get this error when wanna export , and my model doesnt have bone ! how can i fix it ! 

image.png

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

1 hour ago, Automan said:

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Man thank you , thank you thank you

I could guess that something is wrong

thank you so much

Isaac

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

• 4 weeks later...

Good afternoon friends!  Thanks for all these tools and resources.  I have a question.  I am trying to create a Cockpit Livery for a module.  The EDM file has defined only the DIFFUSE layer for a particular texture.  This limits the looks and feel of the cockpit.  Can I add a SPECULAR layer to a texture? (Or, better yet, a ROUGHMET)

I have tried to add into the description.lua file an entry with the same "key name" (first parameter) and change the Type (second parameter), but it just doesn't work.

Is there a way I could add to the EDM model an extra "layer" for a particular texture? (ideally not modifying the original file, but it's OK if that file needs to be overwritten for the sake of this exercise).

Thanks a lot for any info on the matter.  best regards,

Rafa.

Edited by RafaPolit

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

Hello guys! The new plugins in the link does not work in 3ds max. While exporting, it said that "Model has bones so it must have manually set bounding box". Does someone has the old plugin which still works and share it to me? Thanks a lot!😁

Edited by Flanker Sky

Create a dummy that covers the whole model.

Right click > properties >  user defined

TYPE="bounding_box";

t.png

Edited by joey45
  • Thanks 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 1 month later...

hello

I've just tried to download edmtools, but evey time it open an Edge page with nothing i tried to paste the link but nothing happens. I'm using google chrome, and i paste the and it opens Edge on a blank page again. can you help me? It tells me: a website tries to open this application (microsoft edge). 

thx

Edited by grim_reaper68

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know is there a minimal movement for an animation argument to be exported in edm?

some panel button with 0.001 (meter) movement failed to export in edm (animation disappears then)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 10:28 AM, SVKSniper said:

Hi uboats...what is your goalWant to make an animation with 0.001 movement for a button?

yup

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

5 hours ago, uboats said:

does edm plugin now support gradual visibility change?

Depends on what it is??

The public build hasn't been updated since May

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45