Newest EDM Model Tools

On 8/29/2022 at 10:28 AM, SVKSniper said:

Hi uboats...what is your goalWant to make an animation with 0.001 movement for a button?

yup

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

5 hours ago, uboats said:

does edm plugin now support gradual visibility change?

Depends on what it is??

The public build hasn't been updated since May

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

On 9/9/2022 at 8:13 AM, uboats said:

yup

Sorry to reply,last weekend i go to the museum. Now  i back....if i make animation in 3ds i make standard from 0 to 100 and for 0.001 step animation button define in clickabledata.lua....

On 9/9/2022 at 7:53 AM, uboats said:

does edm plugin now support gradual visibility change?

Float aniamtion doesnt work?

On 8/28/2022 at 10:20 PM, uboats said:

Does anyone know is there a minimal movement for an animation argument to be exported in edm?

some panel button with 0.001 (meter) movement failed to export in edm (animation disappears then)

if it's that small of a movement, a visibility argument might work better and just have 2 instances of the button, 1 depressed, 1 not.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a cockpit model under 3ds max 2021, and the latest edm plugin.

I added a dummy box type="bounding_box"; although apparently this is no longer necessary with the latest plugins. (I have no problem my other models)

I also added a bone, the problem is that this bone (maybe depending on its position) disturbs the model, either distorts it, or some args don't work normally anymore.

Sometimes the model doesn't even load in ModelViewer2...

The question is how to integrate a bone without disturbance, does anyone have a link to an older version of the plugin?

Thanks for any help

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2022 at 4:31 AM, joey45 said:

Depends on what it is??

The public build hasn't been updated since May

On 9/13/2022 at 11:39 AM, SVKSniper said:

Sorry to reply,last weekend i go to the museum. Now  i back....if i make animation in 3ds i make standard from 0 to 100 and for 0.001 step animation button define in clickabledata.lua....

Float aniamtion doesnt work?

On 9/14/2022 at 12:46 PM, SkateZilla said:

if it's that small of a movement, a visibility argument might work better and just have 2 instances of the button, 1 depressed, 1 not.

With current edm plugin, visibility (transparency) animation of a texture is for on/off boolean only, and cannot be set with a gradual change. Correct me if I was wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

14 ore fa, No1sonuk ha scritto:

Looks like it doesn't work right for 3dsmax 2022 either.

We are using version 198146 with 2022. The one available in ftp is probably buggy, since Evgeny told me that the compiler stopped months ago and he is focused in another task.
The 198146 is also one of the latest that doesn't ask for bounding box in export. 
edm-plugins-198146.exe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Thanks for the plugin.
It exported without the bounding box, but I still can't get my simple model to appear in-game, and can't get the modelviewer to work.
Attached is the simple box I'm trying to get to show up before I do anything more complex.
It appears in the mission editor selection, but no visible model there or in-game.

DCS_mod_test.zip

33 minuti fa, No1sonuk ha scritto:

Thanks for the plugin.
It exported without the bounding box, but I still can't get my simple model to appear in-game, and can't get the modelviewer to work.
Attached is the simple box I'm trying to get to show up before I do anything more complex.
It appears in the mission editor selection, but no visible model there or in-game.

DCS_mod_test.zip 75.88 kB · 1 download

To make your edm visible, the materials must be set properly: you must change from Physical Material to Standard (Legacy).
Then for every new material introuced, you must set EDmodelTool from Utilies Panel and apply MakeCool before export edm.
For Modelviewer, use the one inside DCS/bin folder and put the texture in DCS/Bazar/TempTextures or mount them via menu. 

image.png

Edited by Automan
  • Thanks 1

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

40 minutes ago, Automan said:

To make your edm visible, the materials must be set properly: you must change from Physical Material to Standard (Legacy).
Then for every new material introuced, you must set EDmodelTool from Utilies Panel and apply MakeCool before export edm.
For Modelviewer, use the one inside DCS/bin folder and put the texture in DCS/Bazar/TempTextures or mount them via menu. 

Thanks! The material was exactly the problem.
AND I now have working model viewer, too.

01.10.2022 в 20:40, Automan сказал:

Hello. I'm modeling in 3D Max 2020, but I don't have the "Standard(legacy)" material. I use just "Standard". When exporting EDM models, in the game an object with a white texture actually turns out to be pale, and when the "local reflections" option is enabled in the DKS graphics settings, the object also starts to glare. Although the models from the mod "VPC Airfield Equipment" the models do not glare, and they are normal white with the same texture.
Tell me what's the problem? Or share some sample of any 3d model with the correct parameters of materials and textures.
Screen_220925_121520.png

Edited by VanekK30

signature_GR(SW).jpg
ВПГ "Стража России" ведёт набор лётчиков на самолёты Су-27 и МиГ-29!

2.PNGVAT "Guard of Russia"

3.PNGВПГ "Стража России"

png-transparent-discord-computer-servers-teamspeak-discord-icon-video-game-smiley-online-chat-thumbnail (1).pngВПГ "Стража России"

4 ore fa, VanekK30 ha scritto:

Hello. I'm modeling in 3D Max 2020, but I don't have the "Standard(legacy)" material. I use just "Standard". When exporting EDM models, in the game an object with a white texture actually turns out to be pale, and when the "local reflections" option is enabled in the DKS graphics settings, the object also starts to glare. Although the models from the mod "VPC Airfield Equipment" the models do not glare, and they are normal white with the same texture.
Tell me what's the problem? Or share some sample of any 3d model with the correct parameters of materials and textures.
Screen_220925_121520.png

In 3dsmax 2021+ the new "Standard" is Physical material, so the "old" standard has been renamed to Standard (Legacy): they are the same thing but have another name between 3ds versions.
After make cool, your ED material type should be automatically set to Default: in this case of Default, you can simply connect the diffuse map, and a normal map if needed.
The specular system is now obsolete, you can make the graphic engine load your roughness map (define ambient occlusion, glossiness and metallicness) simply attaching _roughmet text to your diffuse map (ie. diffuse texture is XYZ.dds, your roughness texture must be XYZ_roughmet.dds).
For any documentation about creating roughmet maps and channels manipulation, see the guide done by Skatezilla posted here:

10 hours ago, Automan said:

In 3dsmax 2021+ the new "Standard" is Physical material, so the "old" standard has been renamed to Standard (Legacy): they are the same thing but have another name between 3ds versions.
After make cool, your ED material type should be automatically set to Default: in this case of Default, you can simply connect the diffuse map, and a normal map if needed.

"Physical material" didn't work for me. I had to set it to "Standard(legacy)".

21 час назад, Automan сказал:

The specular system is now obsolete, you can make the graphic engine load your roughness map (define ambient occlusion, glossiness and metallicness) simply attaching _roughmet text to your diffuse map (ie. diffuse texture is XYZ.dds, your roughness texture must be XYZ_roughmet.dds).
For any documentation about creating roughmet maps and channels manipulation, see the guide done by Skatezilla posted here:

Thank you! The problem is gone.
And the article is helpful!

• Like 1

signature_GR(SW).jpg

3.PNGВПГ "Стража России"

png-transparent-discord-computer-servers-teamspeak-discord-icon-video-game-smiley-online-chat-thumbnail (1).pngВПГ "Стража России"

And how to model light sources? (That is, light bulbs and searchlights, so that they illuminate the airfield). Before DCS 2.5, I had models with flashlights and light sources, but now they do not shine🙄

signature_GR(SW).jpg

3.PNGВПГ "Стража России"

• 3 weeks later...

I'm started creating model and by mistake I did in the very begining I got pivot point in bad position. But for unknown reason after I'm changing pivot point position, expot to EDM file cause 3ds max crash. I have no idea what am I doing wrong?

edm-plugins-214085.exe

3ds max 2016 (18.0 SP3)

Edited by Rostic

When I have ModelViewer2 (edModelViewer2-2.8.1.34101.exe) running it is utilizing 100% GPU core even when it is not visible or minimized.

Can this be solved some how?

P.S. Sorry if this is not apropriate topic for ModelViewer discussion, but I didn't found appropriate one.