Newest EDM Model Tools

For me instead of nav light, I get a blinking square (like two planes) texture.

That is the change :) by default it ignores alpha channel

Opps sorry grand! Yes, glass is more than just checking the checkbox. You must assign alpha texture, and select custom material.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Thanks luckybob, I'm trying to export F-104 with new glass into DCS A-10C, some animations are missed, for example, the landing gear needs a collision type ?

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

For Answer A3: The correct definition is TYPE = "collision_shell";

You need a semicolon after each definition line as well.

I will verify this tomorrow. I thought I copied from max user defined correctly

Thanks luckybob, I'm trying to export F-104 with new glass into DCS A-10C, some animations are missed, for example, the landing gear needs a collision type ?

I am confused on what is working vs not working. does glass work? what animations are missed. Landing gear collision should be normally made. I mostly work with structures and not buildings, so several parts of damage models I do not know a lot about

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

I have tryed to add new material to glass, now work it very well.

The animations about landing gear were lost when I assigned the material to glass, but maybe it was my mistake.

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

I have tryed to add new material to glass, now work it very well.

The animations about landing gear were lost when I assigned the material to glass, but maybe it was my mistake.

Make sure textures are different and not the same. It should be completely different. IE, one should not affect the other

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

For Answer A3: The correct definition is TYPE = "collision_shell";

You need a semicolon after each definition line as well.

opps. typo. thanks!

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Normally when it as for username and password that means that there are too many people connected to the FTP at once.

3) I have a 32bit system. Why am I unable to run it?

A) The standalone version of Modelviewer only contains 64bit binaries.

Indeed the wisdom of mustang is correct. Judging by your wallpaper you are running Windows XP, which is about 99% of the time 32 bit. There was a 64 bit version of Windows XP but it was so rare I'm guessing you don't have it. The standalone Modelviewer will not work on 32 bit machines.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

probleme + game not start ??

Don't install them into your game directory, will break your install. Put them in their own folder.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I click "Export" I'm getting this error:

Error: Uniforms: Can't get parameter Shader Basic Parameters->Specular Level. Material: 01 - Default. File: build\x86_64\vc100.release\2011\Exporter\MtlKeeper.cpp:302.

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for the question but there is no help or tutorial section for EDM modelling around in this forum and I'm a noob in 3D modelling.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Basic tutorial/ QA is the first post of this thread.

That error means that you have a material assigned that does not have ED's custom assignments to it. It might not appear in the material editor depending how you created your model, but using the sucker tool in the material editor, select your mesh if you know which one is bad and it will appear.

A1: To correct textures: Textures need to have a special material type assigned to them. This is done by opening the Material Editor (M key). Select your texture slot. Then click on Utilities, EDModelTool, then click "Make Cool". If you do not see EDModelTool, Click 'More' in the Utilities tab and select it. Back in the Material Editor, you will now see a new category called "Material Attributes". For most items, use "Default" in the pull down section. Do this for each material slot and export normally.

Every time I click "Export" I'm getting this error:

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for the question but there is no help or tutorial section for EDM modelling around in this forum and I'm a noob in 3D modelling.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Sorry but I still don't get it:

1.) I create a simple rectangle

2.) I hit M, pull the first material on the object (01 - Default)

3.) "Make cool" adds me the register "Material attributes" which is already set to default

4.) EDM Export Toolbar: I click the rocket (export) and I receive the error mentioned.

I tried also to save the file before step 2.) but it gives me the same result.

BTW: I have the German (problem ?) version of 3DS Max 2011 64bit (SP2) running on a german Win7 64bit and I'm using the newest ED plugins (v. 60165).

There is a new version (60199) today, I will install it and try it again... I will let you know if this solves my problem

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals