Newest EDM Model Tools

Is there a way to change the background color of the viewer to something like a static green? Trying to get some contrast from the actual model.

Use the Environment Slider on tje right side.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

so if we use the latest modelviewer2 from link above, and install it somewhere else...

1)

how do we get the livery plugin aware of available liveries (i.e. both listboxes are empty) ?

2)

is it possible to set the default model/livery to load via autoexec.cfg / autoexec.lua?

i wasnt successful getting it to load anything from:

C:\Users\<my-LOGIN>\Saved Games\edModelViewer\Config\autoexec.cfg

using for example...

LoadModel("CoreMods/aircraft/FA-18C/Shapes/fa-18c.lods")

LoadLivery("FA-18C_hornet","Fictional UK Air Force")

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so if we use the latest modelviewer2 from link above, and install it somewhere else...

1)

how do we get the livery plugin aware of available liveries (i.e. both listboxes are empty) ?

2)

is it possible to set the default model/livery to load via autoexec.cfg / autoexec.lua?

i wasnt successful getting it to load anything from:

C:\Users\<my-LOGIN>\Saved Games\edModelViewer\Config\autoexec.cfg

using for example...

LoadModel("CoreMods/aircraft/FA-18C/Shapes/fa-18c.lods")

LoadLivery("FA-18C_hornet","Fictional UK Air Force")

It's easier to use the built in Modelviewer for livery creation of DCS models.

The standalone is mainly for creators.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 4 weeks later...

edm-plugins-151397 - 29/05/2019, 01:28:00

Crashes Max on export

Tried a clean install of the plugin and still crashes.

Note-

on installing the plugin there is a pop up that says it's already installed even though I uninstalled.

NGvBw1v.jpg

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Update. Roll back to 151221.

It's crashing on export when I select the material to ' Transparent_self_illum'

p.s. running max 2016

@Dgambo

Any news on fixing the 2017 plugin? The bug of conflicting arg animation is so tedious:cry:

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to get a copy of an older version of the standalone modelviewer which supports opening edmv8 files? The one that ships with the previous version of the openbeta is still capable of loading v8 edms. Since the update of DCS 2.5.5 drops support for v8 files, this older version of modelviewer would be extremely useful to view these older files for archive and recreation purposes.

The alternative is to maintain an entire install of an older copy of dcs just for the modelviewer app, which is a huge waste of drive space. I hope ED can kindly consider fulfilling this request. Thank you.

Is it possible to get a copy of an older version of the standalone modelviewer which supports opening edmv8 files? The one that ships with the previous version of the openbeta is still capable of loading v8 edms. Since the update of DCS 2.5.5 drops support for v8 files, this older version of modelviewer would be extremely useful to view these older files for archive and recreation purposes.

The alternative is to maintain an entire install of an older copy of dcs just for the modelviewer app, which is a huge waste of drive space. I hope ED can kindly consider fulfilling this request. Thank you.

Have you checked the 1st in this list?

ftp://srv2files.eagle.ru/mods/model_viewer2/

The date published is before the latest update

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

Have you checked the 1st in this list?

ftp://srv2files.eagle.ru/mods/model_viewer2/

The date published is before the latest update

The oldest on the server is 1st June but it’s an early build of the current one we’re having. The versions that ship with the main Sim isn’t updated that frequently. So we’ll need something that much older from the FTP server

Has anyone else been playing around with some of the new features they've added to the modelviewer in this latest patch? They've added a dedicated button for reloading the textures as well as some interesting new stuff in the tools panel related to the upcoming carrier DLC. Have people come across any other interesting additions?

Had the same a few versions back. The problem was the transperant illum materials.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
...The problem was the transperant illum materials.

Hi,

it's only if you activate the parameter "2-sided" and use "transparent_self_ilum" or "old_tree" Material.

I think it's a bug.

Greetings...

Edited by upuaut

DCS Mods and Skins: HiDrive

Use the NAS only if the other Link is not working - it's slow!
My DCS MODs and Skins: NAS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Double check in the scenes folder that it is exported.

Make sure you have textures on the model and they are made cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems I now Have to rotate all my projects 90° clockwise in Max 2016 w/ new plugins?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I'm searching for the self_illumination edm example that was contained in the old plugin and in the Wiki.

Thanks