Newest EDM Model Tools

Liveries list missing after updated 2.5.6

The liveries list is a little buggy but I have a workaround for FW-190A8: load first the edm of FW-190D9 and the A8 entry will appear

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

So, since the included ModelViewer2 is a bust for me right now I thought I'd try the edModelViewer instead.

What folder do you guys put the stand-alone model viewer into these days? I don't do the "Saved Games" folder trick, as it's never worked for me.

For the standalone version...

I install on a different drive which is my work/non game/non windows drive..

Anywhere but DCS

DO NOT INSTALL IN THE GAME DIRECTORY..!!!

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Who also wants to see the user models with their liveries in the MV (OpenBeta) can replace my eautoexec.lua in the folder C: \ Program Files \ Eagle Dynamics \ DCS World OpenBeta \ Config \ ModelViewer. save the old file and write it back before each ED update. In eautoexec.lua please replace all entries "XXXX" with your username.

This still doesn't work, i changed all patch my name but no lucky d->e xxx-myname

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

Please compare the given path in autoexec.lua where I entered the "XXXX" with your main path under C: /. But you want to see the FW-190D. I had not considered the planes in the "WWII Units" folder. The path for each aircraft must be entered here. Enter the following lines for the FW-190D:

mount_vfs_models_path ("C: / Program Files / Eagle Dynamics / DCS World OpenBeta / CoreMods / WWII Units / FW-190D-9 / Shapes")

mount_vfs_liveries_path ("C: / Program Files / Eagle Dynamics / DCS World OpenBeta / CoreMods / WWII Units / FW-190D-9 / Liveries")

mount_vfs_textures_path ("C: / Program Files / Eagle Dynamics / DCS World OpenBeta / CoreMods / WWII Units / FW-190D-9 / Textures")

The Liveries folder must be in the "FW-190D-9" folder. Please also note the DisplayName "Fw 190 D-9". This is loaded for the liveries in the simulator. So you would have to create two folders.

scan_for_textures("E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Liveries")

scan_for_textures("E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Textures")

scan_for_textures("E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft")

print("scan done")

print("----------------------------------------------------------------")

mount_vfs_liveries_path ("E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar")

mount_vfs_liveries_path ("E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft")

mount_vfs_textures_path ("E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\WWII Units")

mount_vfs_models_path ("E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\World\Shapes")

mount_vfs_liveries_path ("E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Liveries")

mount_vfs_textures_path ("E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Textures")

hmm why not working

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

Need Help

So I am facing 2 problems.

1. 1 Weapon Attach Point not showing up in Model Viewer
  2. 2 Boundry is not at the center

1. I have set the Weapon Attach point in 3ds max as a dummy box with user defined property as TYPE = "connector";

but when I open the model in edmodelviewer it doesn't show up.

userdefinedconnector.thumb.jpg.3a04cb8ed50ddb5331491fda0ff56a88.jpg

connector.thumb.jpg.65c2852ed1bb654aa036a2321988f347.jpg

2. I have set boundary box as a dummy with user defined property as TYPE = "Bounding_Box";

it shows up at ed model viewer but it is not at the center of the object.

boundrybox.thumb.jpg.a8ebd39a94c0a64ea494ad5271c9bde8.jpg

userdefinedboundrybox.thumb.jpg.dbd117309223f6cc34d672cedeca4e2a.jpg

centerpoint.thumb.jpg.7dfc61371f8ea7f319d1c8d3eeeba0e0.jpg

centerpoint2.thumb.jpg.48b23d52bf4142a457f935e90e8c965f.jpg

1. I have set the Weapon Attach point in 3ds max as a dummy box with user defined property as TYPE = "connector";

but when I open the model in edmodelviewer it doesn't show up.

Use Point, not Dummy, for connectors. You also didn't include the spaces under properties like you just did in your post.

TYPE = "connector";

2. I have set boundary box as a dummy with user defined property as TYPE = "Bounding_Box";

it shows up at ed model viewer but it is not at the center of the object.

Same here.

TYPE = "bounding_box";

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

load f15c -> loaded f15e = bug

EDM is total borken 2.5.6

ok, i try to help to you (i hope you are going 2 make some new F-15C/E liveries) :D

so, which modelviewer do you use ? the one in the ingame/bin (openbeta) folder ? or a standalone what can be downloaded from here ?

ftp://srv0files.eagle.ru/mods/model_viewer2/

ftp://srv2files.eagle.ru/mods/model_viewer2/

anyway, you should check the appropriate edModelViewer2.openbeta folder in your SavedGames folder and in your used DCSW/Config/ModelViewer/autoexec.lua files

it can be also a modified Mods.lua or Scan.lua files in your Database (or in SavedGames) fodler which cause not loading liveries

i suggest to download a standalone modelviewer2 and try that clean one.

if you install a new MV2 it will create new folders with new loading "ways" for liveries

sign-pic4.jpg

ok, i try to help to you (i hope you are going 2 make some new F-15C/E liveries) :D

so, which modelviewer do you use ? the one in the ingame/bin (openbeta) folder ? or a standalone what can be downloaded from here ?

ftp://srv0files.eagle.ru/mods/model_viewer2/

ftp://srv2files.eagle.ru/mods/model_viewer2/

anyway, you should check the appropriate edModelViewer2.openbeta folder in your SavedGames folder and in your used DCSW/Config/ModelViewer/autoexec.lua files

it can be also a modified Mods.lua or Scan.lua files in your Database (or in SavedGames) fodler which cause not loading liveries

i suggest to download a standalone modelviewer2 and try that clean one.

if you install a new MV2 it will create new folders with new loading "ways" for liveries

Thanks for the updated MV2 link. Downloading now mine is broked....

do not download the latest ones because you will not have thenfiles associated with it.

Rule of thumb is to go back 1 to 2 weeks.

They are compiled daily and the versions in the last few dys are newer than the current open beta revisions.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi SkateZilla,

I'd love to but the ftp site only goes back to 1st March and every installer is missing rendererUtils.dll. I looked in the open beta install (patched on the 4th) for rendererUtils but the file is not there.

madwax....

Updated to a new ED plug in and now i get error exporting.

Well after updating the ED plug in to the latest one, my SU-57 model wont export without giving me application error upon exporting to edm,has anyone ran into this?

my 3ds max version is 2017 and latest ED plug in 164510.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

prior to updating the plugin everything was perfect,not anymore.

do not download the latest ones because you will not have thenfiles associated with it.

Rule of thumb is to go back 1 to 2 weeks.

They are compiled daily and the versions in the last few dys are newer than the current open beta revisions.

How are we suppose to get the files? Does that mean that the EDM exporter is no longer for use unless you have a third party contract with ED?