Newest EDM Model Tools

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, joey45 said:

Not really.... But it depends on what you are making...

actually want to make some ground vehicle or static mods i m totally new to this 3ds or blender.. but i have doubt if free  pre existing mod from some other websites  can be export as .edm file?  

22 minutes ago, love0rdie said:

actually want to make some ground vehicle or static mods i m totally new to this 3ds or blender.. but i have doubt if free  pre existing mod from some other websites  can be export as .edm file?  

Starting off with a static is good as it's simple for a beginner to make and import.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Well for me it's 3ds max as I've been using it since 2002 (G-max with MSFS). 

With max the plugins are supported by Ed.

With Blender the plugins are supported by the community.

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

• 3 weeks later...

help me pls spending lots time to learn to create some ground units vehicle mods.1.How to do animate car wheels i using arg based  its working in 3ds max scene but after export into game its not working wheels not rotating .2.how get work animated obj in game like flag waving etc..Thanks

Edited by love0rdie

in 3ds max set arg based position . add event set arg value 8 (which is for wheel rotation in dcs) set active . then set animation layer time 0 to 1 . press auto key animation time line to 1 and rotating the wheel to 360 deg time line back to 0 press auto key and press play button wheel is rotating ,it can be done separate wheels only front both and back both ....this animated in 3ds max but after export to edm is not working in game and model viewer . 

13 minutes ago, love0rdie said:

in 3ds max set arg based position . add event set arg value 8 (which is for wheel rotation in dcs) set active . then set animation layer time 0 to 1 . press auto key animation time line to 1 and rotating the wheel to 360 deg time line back to 0 press auto key and press play button wheel is rotating ,it can be done separate wheels only front both and back both ....this animated in 3ds max but after export to edm is not working in game and model viewer . 

Why not use arg based rotation for the wheel instead?

Also, you need some more keys inbetween. Animating with two keys only at 0 and 1 causes issue, best is to add some more like every 1/3 rotation or like that.

Time is -100 > +100 with an FPS of 100

0 > 100 is normal animation

press auto key animation > Move slider to 25 rotate the wheel 1/3 press set key. repeat for 50 > 70 > 100

Edited by joey45

I used arg based rotation with 0 to 100 and -100 to 100 ,The arg 8 appears in model viewer ,But wheel rotation is up normal like very slow,As well in game my car going backwards🥶 ,And here with i attached a image can u explain what that means ? if u guys pleas can upload exact one demo video regarding this it all enough i think , Thanks🙏

arg.jpg

Use four steps, zero to 100, 90 deg each.

For example, 25, 90 deg, 50, another 90 deg etc.

If you double the deg's, the wheel will spin faster, twice normal.

This works well for Helicopter tail rotors, which may spin faster than the main.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."