Windows 8 Consumer preview- Don't waste your time

Not as bad as Mac OS X. How many of those has there been? :D

Ther're one of those "less is more" kind of guys..

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

If you do want to waste your time with windows 8 or at least get a feel for yourself you can give your hardware a workout and get into virtual Machines. Check out windows 8 customer preview copy and its all free. Plus learn how to install other OS like windows XP.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/General-Tech/Installing-Windows-8-Consumer-Preview-VirtualBox-Virtual-Machine

This will not touch your precious win 7 install.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

• 1 month later...

Black Shark and stuff on Windows 8 CP???

Hi guys and girls,

it's been a while since my last appearance here... So, I am testing the Windows 8 CP on both of my rigs - the desktop and the laptop, and as live and primary and only OS. I can see that many power users don't like the new MetroUI stuff... where's my Start Menu etc...

I don't want to start a flame war here, so for me, W8CP is just doing its job: working fast (faster than W7), working with only minor problems (as a beta), and working for FREE:D

But the reason of this post: I want to buy a new laptop, and I decided to run W8CP on it. Will DCS:Black Shark run on W8CP? Does anyone have any experience, try etc. regarding the DCS:BS itself, the Starforce thing, TrackIR, Saitek, ModMan stuff etc..?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

PS.: for the thread author - the thread title is able to start a flame war itself... some guys and girls might want to try W8CP and and have own experiences...

Edited by VS461
Title missing

За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

Everything will be compatable with W8, it just might take a little bit.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED