Air Show at Barksdale AFB April 21-22nd

Cali

Our air show at Robins is the following week. F-22 and Blue Angels are the best display we'll have. I can't believe with the 23rd FG being less than a 2 hour drive away they don't have an A-10 on static display for ours :( Oh well I'll be on reserves two weeks prior...

http://www.robins.af.mil/airshow/index.asp

That sucks, we'll have a A-10C here because of the guard base attached. I don't think we'll see the F-22 the only big name is the T-birds. I have never seen the BA fly and would love it if they made it here next year.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Air shows really are going to start sucking since all the demo teams except the Thunderbirds and F-22 have shut down :(

The objective behind the decision is to preserve money and only demonstrate the latest and greatest piece of hardware and the key recruiting tool of the USAF (the Thunderbirds).

Maybe if the Air Force would stop blowing millions upon millions of dollars from hosting 4-6 Red Flag's every year, the Air Force could actually afford to support more demonstration teams as well as more combat flights overseas.

We can also stop giving billions to A-stan and nuke that whole part of the world, lots of problems will be solved. :D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

The objective behind the decision is to preserve money and only demonstrate the latest and greatest piece of hardware and the key recruiting tool of the USAF (the Thunderbirds).

Maybe if the Air Force would stop blowing millions upon millions of dollars from hosting 4-6 Red Flag's every year, the Air Force could actually afford to support more demonstration teams as well as more combat flights overseas.

So, stop spending money on actual training in order to participate in more airshows?

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

So, stop spending money on actual training in order to participate in more airshows?

Why not? I can't forsee any possible problems with that approach. :lol:

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

4 to 6 Red Flags a year is much too much.

If anything, it's not enough.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

We need Red Flag and other similar exercises, but many other things should go away.

Tops and blues, USAF Band, Max Impact, Flight pay to Generals, Thunderbirds, all additional demo teams like Viper West, etc.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 2 months later...

Next years air show info is posted, 1st post updated.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...